ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2018 New York Yankees season

Greg Bird in a 1-30 slump, you would think losing 3-0 with 0 out and runners on 1st and 2nd he would maybe sacrifice the runners over, nope a lazy fly out to shallow left

Reactions: WhiteBus
Greg Bird in a 1-30 slump, you would think losing 3-0 with 0 out and runners on 1st and 2nd he would maybe sacrifice the runners over, nope a lazy fly out to shallow left
The bunt is almost never utilized by the Yankees. I've been screaming about that for a long time. I understand that they're a home run hitting team, but there are still some times when a bunt makes obvious sense.
Yet they almost never do it. This was true with Girardi and it's still true with Boone. I don't want Stanton or Andujar bunting. But Higashioka or Romine or even Bird ? I don't get it.
And yes..I'm pissed. Tough loss tonight.

The bunt is almost never utilized by the Yankees. I've been screaming about that for a long time. I understand that they're a home run hitting team, but there are still some times when a bunt makes obvious sense.
Yet they almost never do it. This was true with Girardi and it's still true with Boone. I don't want Stanton or Andujar bunting. But Higashioka or Romine or even Bird ? I don't get it.
And yes..I'm pissed. Tough loss tonight.
Not sure this year's squad is even capable of playing small ball. Not sure what metrics are available, but they've been abysmal with RISP all season.

So waiver trade deadline for post season roster eligibility ends tomorrow night. Do Yankees make a trade? Also who do they bring up?

For a team with the 2nd best record in MLB, they sure have blown a lot of winnable games vs. some of the weaker teams in the league.
Britton should have been pitching the ninth. He is a closer.

I'm concerned that it might be an indication that Judge is finished for the year.

I'm concerned that it might be an indication that Judge is finished for the year.
If this was out of the blue I'd might agree but Cashman has made several attempts to acquire McCutchen going back to the offseason.

I read elsewhere that Judge may try to play through in the injury even if he's not fully healed in a few weeks. We'll see how that goes, probably badly. Cutch is better than Robinson, that's for sure.

This Yankees team is a greatly flawed and now they're injured. It's gonna be tough for a home run hitting team to win the World Series. I hope they get healthy and have a chance to prove me wrong.

Surprised they didn't make a move to acquire an outfielder earlier. Until the rosters are expanded Robinson shouldn't be on the team let alone playing. Gardner has worn down, and I too would be concerned about Judge being able to contribute going forward. Maybe the lightbulb goes on and Bird has a torrid end of the season, but its more likely Cashman is in the market for a first baseman this off season.

Surprised they didn't make a move to acquire an outfielder earlier. Until the rosters are expanded Robinson shouldn't be on the team let alone playing. Gardner has worn down, and I too would be concerned about Judge being able to contribute going forward. Maybe the lightbulb goes on and Bird has a torrid end of the season, but its more likely Cashman is in the market for a first baseman this off season.
They tried hard to get McCutchen before the last trade deadline.

Oh my God. We've been so spoiled having a competent catcher the last month I forgot how horrible Sanchez is. 4 passed balls/wild pitches in a single inning?

At least we have Gary's muscular .188 average to fall back on. #FREEROMINE

Yankees went 2-15 with risp on Sunday...the number 6 batter in the lineup Voit was on 2nd base 3 times with 0 out, not once did they sacrifice him over and not once did he score...Yankees lost by 1 run...no reason to get invested in this team when they do not play fundamental baseball...would rather see the A’s in the playoffs

Yankees went 2-15 with risp on Sunday...the number 6 batter in the lineup Voit was on 2nd base 3 times with 0 out, not once did they sacrifice him over and not once did he score...Yankees lost by 1 run...no reason to get invested in this team when they do not play fundamental baseball...would rather see the A’s in the playoffs
They fixed that problem Monday by resting Voit.

Reactions: Rhuarc
On July 14th,Fan Duel was giving 100-1 against the A's winning the World Series.I thought of putting down a sawbuck,but decided to pass.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT