ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2018 New York Yankees season

Didi out for the beginning of 2019 following Tommy John surgery.

Welcome to the Yankees Manny Machado. lol

Reactions: T2Kplus10
Never was a Machado fan. He isn't a good shortstop. Didi is much better.

After last night's play at first and more importantly his comments after the game, he is the last person I want on the Yankees.

And this clown wants a $300 million contract.

I’m not the type of player that’s going to be 'Johnny Hustle,' and run down the line and slide to first base and … you know, whatever can happen. That’s just not my personality, that’s not my cup of tea, that’s not who I am.

"Should I have given it a little more effort? One hundred percent. (It’s) my fault like always, I mean that’s just my mentality when I’m in the game. (There are) things that you learn, things that you gotta change. I’ve tried changing it for eight years and I still can’t figure it out but, one of these days I will."

Reactions: Kbee3
Never was a Machado fan. He isn't a good shortstop. Didi is much better.

After last night's play at first and more importantly his comments after the game, he is the last person I want on the Yankees.

And this clown wants a $300 million contract.

I’m not the type of player that’s going to be 'Johnny Hustle,' and run down the line and slide to first base and … you know, whatever can happen. That’s just not my personality, that’s not my cup of tea, that’s not who I am.

"Should I have given it a little more effort? One hundred percent. (It’s) my fault like always, I mean that’s just my mentality when I’m in the game. (There are) things that you learn, things that you gotta change. I’ve tried changing it for eight years and I still can’t figure it out but, one of these days I will."
I agree.
Besides, the Yankees have other areas that need attention....PITCHING.

Reactions: WhiteBus
You can't call anyone a fan if they dont know the starting time of a pivotal playoff game.
Besides both were giddy like a 3rd grader on Christmas morning when the Yankees got Stanton. How'd that work out?
100 RBIs and 38 HRs. And dumping Castro to make room for Torres. Worked out pretty damn well.

100 RBIs and 38 HRs. And dumping Castro to make room for Torres. Worked out pretty damn well.
Is that why we are watching the Red Sox and Astros?? And lets talk about Torres. How did he do in the second half of the season? Another 1/2 year or most of the year in the minors would have been better for him.
Lets not forget the wasted money that could have been used on starting pitching.
That trade did nothing for the Yankees.

You can't call anyone a fan if they dont know the starting time of a pivotal playoff game.
Besides both were giddy like a 3rd grader on Christmas morning when the Yankees got Stanton. How'd that work out?

Then what do you call Severino, not a Yankee?

Yes. Not overated former NL MVPs who can't hit their weight in the playoffs.
We've gone over this before but there wasn't exact a trove of pitching available last offseason or during the actual season. Everyone was flawed. I know you liked Arietta, but he had a pretty crappy year for 25 million.

W 10, L 11,ERA 3.96, K 138, BB 57

This year is the year we can take care of our pitching problems. I honestly don't care if we get Machado either, but we definitely need someone to plug in that's decent while Didi is hurt. Walker ain't gonna cut it.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
We've gone over this before but there wasn't exact a trove of pitching available last offseason or during the actual season. Everyone was flawed. I know you liked Arietta, but he had a pretty crappy year for 25 million.

W 10, L 11,ERA 3.96, K 138, BB 57

This year is the year we can take care of our pitching problems. I honestly don't care if we get Machado either, but we definitely need someone to plug in that's decent while Didi is hurt. Walker ain't gonna cut it.
They could have traded for Cole no? Could have got Grenke too. They should have traded Gray for a pitcher who was making money for a player under control right.
And unlike every Yankee pitcher Arieta never missed a start.
How about Chacin, 2 years just $15 mill

Last edited:
They could have traded for Cole no? Could have got Grenke too. They should have traded Gray for a pitcher who was making money for a player under control right.
And unlike every Yankee pitcher Arieta never missed a start.
How about Chacin, 2 years just $15 mill
Grienke? At $35 million a year, you crazy! Dude relax. We were a 100 win team that got beat by a 108 win team, it happens. Go back to the beginning of last season, we are still way, way ahead of schedule.

It's time to get a few good starters, but with Didi's injury, we need a solution to that as well.

Reactions: Kbee3
Grienke? At $35 million a year, you crazy! Dude relax. We were a 100 win team that got beat by a 108 win team, it happens. Go back to the beginning of last season, we are still way, way ahead of schedule.

It's time to get a few good starters, but with Didi's injury, we need a solution to that as well.
Crazy? Im sitting here watch Houston Red Sox. How did Stanton do in the playoffs?

Crazy? Im sitting here watch Houston Red Sox. How did Stanton do in the playoffs?
He didn't do well. Neither did Didi, Hicks, Andujar, McCutchen, Torres, Sanchez, Sabathia, Happ and Severino. It was a full team loss, not just Stanton.

Happy 90th Birthday (yesterday) to Whitey Ford. The Chairman of the Board. 10x All Star, 6x World Series winner. Oldest living Baseball Hall of Famer.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT