ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2018 New York Yankees season

Yes NL MVP. Won't get a vote as a Yankee MVP let alone a AL MVP vote. Like many snow forecast a complete bust.
I sorta agree with your opinion of Stanton. But I think we're stuck with him.
I'm hoping next year Stanton, Ellsbury, Bird, and Sanchez will lead us to the Promised Land.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I'm hoping next year Stanton, Ellsbury, Bird, and Sanchez will lead us to the Promised Land.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Stanton is great trade bait

Where the hell is your Promised land? Mars??:chairshot:

Clutch wise, defensively. Hit to move runners over. Avg of .300 which Stanton hasn't come close to. Not as many homers but plenty of RBIs for hitting near the top or bottom of the order.
Beside HRs where is Stanton better?
Castro is not a considered to be a good fielder, he has a lifetime avg 13 pts higher than Stanton but his OBP is 37 points lower also his SLG is a whopping 137 pts lower. Stanton is a much better player and they're really not close at all.

Castro is not a considered to be a good fielder, he has a lifetime avg 13 pts higher than Stanton but his OBP is 37 points lower also his SLG is a whopping 137 pts lower. Stanton is a much better player and they're really not close at all.
Not really close? You're right. Castro could hit in big games..Stanton not so much. Castro is a much better infielder than Stanton is an outfielder and its not even close

Name the teams that would take Stanton, let alone give up much for him. The Yankees basically got him for nothing and were willing to pay him.
The Mets, Dodgers San Fran all tried to get him last year. And the Marlins are paying a big portion of his salary until the end of his contract

Not really close? You're right. Castro could hit in big games..Stanton not so much. Castro is a much better infielder than Stanton is an outfielder and its not even close
Are you basing that on Castro's .208 batting average in 22 playoff games?

@DJ Spanky @Knight Shift was worse last year during the post season saying he was rooting for the Yanks. When we all know different. Thankfully both @ruready4somefootball are complete mushes. Yanks played great last year. Unfortunately Shift learned his lesson otherwise that tandum would have led the Yanks to a World Series victory. There is only so much jinx in ruready by himself. [cheers] :pimp:
Yea, but I called the EPIC FAIL back in June, so I get no credit for that?:bomb::boom::fire:

Also a step back due to heightened comp. still a ton of fun!

I despise the Sox but they've been the better, more balanced team all year.

Btw, did the mets step in any direction? And if no one cared enough to watch, does it still count?
Talking Mets, does that help your pain?Lmao. Multiple WS Championships in the next 5 years,Yea OK, 0-2 so far,Talk about the Mush,that was a YankeeAl quote.

Wait....you're talking about the 2017 NL MVP.
Glad to see after your 24 hour crying/hiding period, you've come back to play. Stanton had a career year in 2017, and the Yankees got fleeced for trading for him! What he put up this year is pretty much what he has put up in the past. In fact in the "superior AL",lol, Stanton put up his 2nd best season EVER!!!! Don't make it sound like the AL was too good for him, remember the Junior league is 9-9 in the last 18 WS, hardly dominatehttp://m.mlb.com/player/519317/giancarlo-stanton.

@DJ Spanky @Knight Shift was worse last year during the post season saying he was rooting for the Yanks. When we all know different. Thankfully both @ruready4somefootball are complete mushes. Yanks played great last year. Unfortunately Shift learned his lesson otherwise that tandum would have led the Yanks to a World Series victory. There is only so much jinx in ruready by himself. [cheers] :pimp:
I'm flattered Whitebus,but I can't take all the credit,lol.I had help from the inside from Pround NJ Sports-aka YankeeAl, putting the RedSux on Upset Alert!!!

Talking Mets, does that help your pain?Lmao. Multiple WS Championships in the next 5 years,Yea OK, 0-2 so far,Talk about the Mush,that was a YankeeAl quote.

The only clear pattern is you busting balls here to ease your Mets-driven anguish. I don't even know if there was a Mets thread this year (or any year).

Not sure who predicted multiple WS championships over five years, am sure it wasn't me. I've been lucky to get back into baseball exactly at a time when Yankees are on an upward trajectory full of youth and excitement. I'm not one of the jaded idiots that thinks it's WS or bust.

100 wins, some great games and a really fun season to watch! Now shore up the damn starting rotation and then we can start talking multiple WS titles.

The only clear pattern is you busting balls here to ease your Mets-driven anguish. I don't even know if there was a Mets thread this year (or any year).

Not sure who predicted multiple WS championships over five years, am sure it wasn't me. I've been lucky to get back into baseball exactly at a time when Yankees are on an upward trajectory full of youth and excitement. I'm not one of the jaded idiots that thinks it's WS or bust.

100 wins, some great games and a really fun season to watch! Now shore up the damn starting rotation and then we can start talking multiple WS titles.
It wasn't you,in fact your a Johnny Come Lately to this discussion,lol

Just to show how uninformed you are, the Mets season thread had way more pages and posts, and that's with a multitude of Yankee fans banned for stupid posts. We like to call them" The Banned Of Brothers".

It wasn't you,in fact your a Johnny Come Lately to this discussion,lol

I think I participated earlier in the year - at least lurked. I kind of hate ongoing 50-page threads, tho.

Plus, 3 or 4 hours of game time per day is enough time to spend on any sport.

Just to show how uninformed you are, the Mets season thread had way more pages and posts, and that's with a multitude of Yankee fans banned for stupid posts. We like to call them" The Banned Of Brothers".

"uninformed?" lulz. Because I didn't waste the entire summer on two different RU football-forum baseball threads, one dedicated to a team I hate?

The rest of the world calls that "having a life."

Banned of Brothers is kind of funny, tho. It'd be funnier if it really worked. Maybe Banned OT Brothers?

the Mets season thread had way more pages and posts, and that's with a multitude of Yankee fans banned for stupid posts. .
I'm the only Yankees fan who is banned from the Mets thread.
And it's not because of "stupid posts". Stop lyin'. You know it's because certain Mets fans couldn't handle my comments on the Amazins.
Hyper-sensitive I guess.

I'm the only Yankees fan who is banned from the Mets thread.
And it's not because of "stupid posts". Stop lyin'. You know it's because certain Mets fans couldn't handle my comments on the Amazins.
Hyper-sensitive I guess.
Pretty sure Kbee, you and a couple of your minions were banned at the same time.If your still banned and they've been let back in, then that says a lot about your posts I guess.

You do realize that you are doing to this thread what got those posters banned from the Mets thread, don't you?

Kbee, while I have your attention,could you confirm or deny the rumor that both ProudNJ Sports Fan/YankeeAl and T2kplus jumped off the Manhattan Bridge shortly after Game 4 of the ALDS holding hands???

Glad to see after your 24 hour crying/hiding period, you've come back to play. Stanton had a career year in 2017, and the Yankees got fleeced for trading for him! What he put up this year is pretty much what he has put up in the past. In fact in the "superior AL",lol, Stanton put up his 2nd best season EVER!!!! Don't make it sound like the AL was too good for him, remember the Junior league is 9-9 in the last 18 WS, hardly dominatehttp://m.mlb.com/player/519317/giancarlo-stanton.
I know you're on a roll, but there was no "fleecing" here. They gave up shite to get him. You can argue the money was too much, but there is no way you can't say the Yankees got the better end of this trade.

You may continue your regular nonsense.....now.

Reactions: WhiteBus
I know you're on a roll, but there was no "fleecing" here. They gave up shite to get him. You can argue the money was too much, but there is no way you can't say the Yankees got the better end of this trade.

You may continue your regular nonsense.....now.
Fatso was talking about a trade of Stanton to the Dodgers, the only place Stanton will approve. Give him away for a bag of chips. For a number of reason, another right hander power hitter. He is just not a good fit. You can't have him and Judge on the same team. It will open up a lot of DH opportunities for Sanchez at DH, put Romine behind the plate more. Opens up a space for a left handed outfielder contact/high average hitter which is sorely needed.

Fatso was talking about a trade of Stanton to the Dodgers, the only place Stanton will approve. Give him away for a bag of chips. For a number of reason, another right hander power hitter. He is just not a good fit. You can't have him and Judge on the same team. It will open up a lot of DH opportunities for Sanchez at DH, put Romine behind the plate more. Opens up a space for a left handed outfielder contact/high average hitter which is sorely needed.
I would not have a problem with this, honestly. He also has an opt out after the 2020 season, so most likely he will be an MVP that year so we'll have to be stupid and extend him. :smiley:

One more good thing about this season, only 2 more years of Ellsbury on the books. I would imagine they got insurance money back for him being out all year too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT