ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2019-20 NY Mets Offseason "Hot Stove" Thread

Didn’t Beltran already lie to the press about this soon after he took the Mets job by denying that he did anything other than old fashioned, non-video-aided sign stealing, all while admitting in exchange for immunity to MLB’s investigators that he was actually involved? I may have that wrong (becauseI I really have no interest in reading the MLB’s report) but, if not and he lied publicly about this after just a few days on the job, how is he still employed?

Reactions: T2Kplus10
If they really wanted to “Mets” this, they’ll fire Beltran and bring Callaway back at twice last years salary.

Didn’t Beltran already lie to the press about this soon after he took the Mets job by denying that he did anything other than old fashioned, non-video-aided sign stealing, all while admitting in exchange for immunity to MLB’s investigators that he was actually involved? I may have that wrong (becauseI I really have no interest in reading the MLB’s report) but, if not and he lied publicly about this after just a few days on the job, how is he still employed?
+1
Beltran = disgraced public liar

A generation ago this may have been a fireable offense. But nowadays, seems like lying to the media is not considered that big a deal.

BUT, since he publicly and transparently lied to the media, one must also assume that he privately lied to the Wilpons (and Cohen?). One must further assume that they're really pissed off at him. So we'll see. Interesting that there's been no vote of confidence yet.

Then you'd have to fire every member of the 2017 Astro team, no?
Are you talking about the players? You do know 1) players don't get fired 2) they have one of the strongest unions America, good luck with that.

At this point, give me Wally Backman,:Wink:, at least he's an old school hard nosed player and manager, but of course he'd come with his own set of distractions.no need for distractions. Every friggin spring with this team, there's stupid $hit, if it isn't players riding in on horses,it's some other bulletin board stuff.Please make this Beltran stuff fade away and just bring in someone else.

Edguardo Perez favors uniform #33, last worn by Matt Harvey. I guess it's still available. $$$$

Buster Olney of ESPN now reporting that Mets are "wavering" in their support of Beltran. Said that "They're under a lot of pressure. It wouldn't surprise me if they made a change". Not sure where the pressure is coming from though.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
Buster Olney of ESPN now reporting that Mets are "wavering" in their support of Beltran. Said that "They're under a lot of pressure. It wouldn't surprise me if they made a change". Not sure where the pressure is coming from though.
Mets needed to come out strong and support Beltran if they wanted to keep him. The longer the Mets wait, the harder it is on them.

Reactions: Doctor Worm
Since when has Carlos Beltran, the manager, ever been an asset worth fighting a PR battle over.

There are already articles speculating that Beltran may have been doing this last year as a coach with the Yankees, referencing some odd comments, at least at the time, from Cora after the Yankees beat up the Red Sox in London.

This will only get harder, and I don't think coming out strong in support will stop what's coming. The questions will come, and Beltran has to explain himself, including that only weeks ago he lied about all of it to the press. The press will look for evidence and other instances of it happening, including whether it happened when Beltran was a coach. That could create more controversy.

And the Mets would want to endure this to keep Carlos Beltran, the manager? A guy who never managed a game in his life? I'm doubtful that the Mets will do that. Oh, and if he lied about this to the Mets when they hired him (though Van Numbnuts probably never thought to ask), I guarantee that they fire him and try to keep most or all of the money.

Since when has Carlos Beltran, the manager, ever been an asset worth fighting a PR battle over.

There are already articles speculating that Beltran may have been doing this last year as a coach with the Yankees, referencing some odd comments, at least at the time, from Cora after the Yankees beat up the Red Sox in London.

This will only get harder, and I don't think coming out strong in support will stop what's coming. The questions will come, and Beltran has to explain himself, including that only weeks ago he lied about all of it to the press. The press will look for evidence and other instances of it happening, including whether it happened when Beltran was a coach. That could create more controversy.

And the Mets would want to endure this to keep Carlos Beltran, the manager? A guy who never managed a game in his life? I'm doubtful that the Mets will do that. Oh, and if he lied about this to the Mets when they hired him (though Van Numbnuts probably never thought to ask), I guarantee that they fire him and try to keep most or all of the money.
At the VERY LEAST, the Yankees used the Beltran hiring last season to pick his brain.The worst,he helped the Yankees cheat and a lot on here will eat crow.

When all is said and done, Cashman will be in trouble as I'm sure right now, MLB is asking him what exactly did Beltran do for the organization last season? The Mets dumb move was hiring a rookie manager 2 straight times. Hire Buck, and call it a day.

No they won't.
I find it funny though, how their very quiet,very quiet,lol.
giphy.gif

It's funny how Mets and Red Sox fans are desperately trying to drag the Yanks into this scandal. Sorry folks, not going to happen. Take your medicine and move on.
Time to put your Nancy Pelosi and Adam Schiff hat on and follow the trail. Why, of all people did Cashman hire Beltran? Time will tell and the crowing eating contest will commence,lol. The new pinstripes for next season,:WideSmile:
adult-striped-cotton-prisoner-costume-38.jpg

Beltran had little choice but to quit

I do have a general issue with MLB trying to act all sanctimonious....Selig let roids run wild...Manfred let the juiced ball impact every game last year...this kind of cheating been around in some form for decades...but now we will slam a few and no plyaer involved gets hit...yeah makes sense to me...next time a pitcher cuts a baseball I guess the pitching coach gets fired...

Now the rest of those Houston Astros players should be banned from getting any MLB job after their playing careers are over. Also shouldnt have HOF considerations as well, which I'm sure Beltran will get blacklisted from.

Mets did the right thing, frees them of this shit show. Let's see if this spreads to other teams.:Pray: :Praying::WideSmile::Pray: :Praying:

Beltran spent the 2017 season playing for the Astros and winning a World Series ring. He spent 2019 working as a special adviser to Yankees GM Brian Cashman, whom Beltran played for from 2014 to 2016. The Yankees, nor Beltran's involvement with the Yankees, have not been implicated in the scandal.

This is a developing story.:Heart

Reactions: Knight Shift
Beltran spent the 2017 season playing for the Astros and winning a World Series ring. He spent 2019 working as a special adviser to Yankees GM Brian Cashman, whom Beltran played for from 2014 to 2016. The Yankees, nor Beltran's involvement with the Yankees, have not been implicated in the scandal.

This is a developing story.:Heart
Other than seeing if Cora gets his lifetime ban, I think this is done.

BTW, Fire BVW for hiring his Hinch-like puppet instead of hiring Girardi, who was practically begging for the Mets job.

Reactions: redking
Now the rest of those Houston Astros players should be banned from getting any MLB job after their playing careers are over..
I think the problem wasn't ANY job. I think the problem was that he was selected for the field general's position just before the news broke of his involvement in one of the biggest cheating scandals in MLB history. Great screening by the Mets organization. I guess Carlos interviewed well.

I think the problem wasn't ANY job. I think the problem was that he was selected for the field general's position just before the news broke of his involvement in one of the biggest cheating scandals in MLB history. Great screening by the Mets organization. I guess Carlos interviewed well.
And the Yankees? Did Beltran get through their screening or he did and he was there for a reason?

Reactions: MulletCork
ADVERTISEMENT