ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2021-22 NHL Regular Season Thread

Sad news for Devils fans, Jack Hughes out at least 5 more weeks with the separated shoulder. They better come to play every game night from start to finish, unlike last game, or they will be out of the playoff race by Christmas.

They will be out by Thanksgiving if they play like they did vs the Flames
To be fair, the Flames have been tearing through everyone as of late. But yeah, really tough news for Devils fans with Hughes.

Rangers with a very solid win tonight. 11 points in 8 games is a decent start to the season.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
I was at the Seattle game and all of the energy in the arena was sucked out when Hughes got injured
The Devils should have expended all of their energy going after that defenseman who hurt Hughes. Every time he was on the ice he should have been targeted. Can’t let an excessive hit on your star player go unchecked especially when refs protected him on that 1 altercation. Shows Devils are soft further reinforced by how they folded vs flames and capitals.

The Devils should have expended all of their energy going after that defenseman who hurt Hughes. Every time he was on the ice he should have been targeted. Can’t let an excessive hit on your star player go unchecked especially when refs protected him on that 1 altercation. Shows Devils are soft further reinforced by how they folded vs flames and capitals.
They did
🤭

It was a pretty routine play and he just fell awkwardly, it's not like it was some unnecessary dirty hit. Taking runs at a guy over a clean hit does nothing but give the other team powerplays.

It was a pretty routine play and he just fell awkwardly, it's not like it was some unnecessary dirty hit. Taking runs at a guy over a clean hit does nothing but give the other team powerplays.
I disagree. It was an excessive physical hit on a star player who was outweighed by 60 pounds. The check could have been much less physical.
Maybe I’m old school growing up with hockey in the 70s but there would have been severe retribution back in my day and deservedly so.
Clean hit or not, you make the player pay for taking out your star player unnecessarily

Last edited:
I disagree. It was an excessive physical hit on a star player who was outweighed by 60 pounds. The check could have been much less physical.
Maybe I’m old school growing up with hockey in the 70s but there would have been severe retribution back in my day and deservedly so.
Clean hit or not, you make the player pay for taking out your star player unnecessarily
Eh if the injury occurred on the impact from the hit, then maybe I'd be more likely to agree with you, but he hurt his shoulder when he fell and hit the ice. If he braces for the fall differently and pops right back up, nobody would even be talking about it. In fact, looking at the replay again, I'd say it can barely even be construed as a hit. It looked more like Lauzon was trying to pin him to the boards, but Hughes fell because his legs kept going in the direction he was moving. Daneyko even said there was nothing malicious about it.

Personally I hate seeing retaliation for clean hits, except for returning it with another clean hit. If someone throws a dirty hit, by all means stick up for your teammate, but this is a full contact sport, hitting is part of the game.

Not sure if any of you watched that game

Geertsen went after Lauzon in his next shift

Ruff said he has no problem with the hit after the game too
Devils season is toast now and my personal opinion is that the hit / check was excessive and Devils let Lauzon off the hook albeit the scrum with Geertsen.
I remain very pissed about the injury and the lack of reaction by the Devils.

Real nice and unexpected win on the road for Devils vs Penquins. A win vs Columbus tomorrow would be exceptional!

Reactions: TM94goRU
Bratt needed that badly. He’s been awful to start the year. Much better effort tonight in a solid win.

Another incredible game by Shesterkin; probably stole 2 more points. Kreider and Fox playing well, and I think Panarin and Zibanejad will heat up soon.
Gotta be better defensively and stop being cute exiting their own zone.

I like both Tuch and Krebs, but that package is not as good as what the rumors said the Sabres were turning down previously.

Ranger fans will appreciate that all it took to finally get this thing done was Vegas watching Brett Howden start for them as 1C the other night.

Reactions: RU Cheese
Worth reading. Lafreniere still hasn’t shown one offensive move with the puck in space to set up another teammate, skate away from pressure instinctively, or do anything worthy of First Pick Overall.
Kakko is another who’s gonna play himself down to the bottom six

Worth reading. Lafreniere still hasn’t shown one offensive move with the puck in space to set up another teammate, skate away from pressure instinctively, or do anything worthy of First Pick Overall.
Kakko is another who’s gonna play himself down to the bottom six
Nico Hischier too

He’s not a top line player

WTF.
alex Holtz nhl debut not on nhl center ice because it is a espn plus exclusive

I knew it was too cheap at $60 for the whole year 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬💩💩💩💩💩

1st and 2nd picks in the draft two straight years and neither one is a top nine player…what a shame.
Kakko is pointless and playing with Bread, are you kidding me?
Lefreniere can’t skate, stick handle, creates no space and makes no plays.

Zibanejad without Buch has no one to pass to him.
Kreider is not an assist man, and Goodrow is bottom 6 player and penalty killer.

There’s no question Blais has more offensive skills than Goodrow, Kakko or Laf

Last edited:
It’s total BS that Rangers were on MSG last night out in Edmonton and Devils playing in LA no TV ?
Local media for the NJD is a disgrace.

1st and 2nd picks in the draft two straight years and neither one is a top nine player…what a shame.
Kakko is pointless and playing with Bread, are you kidding me?
Lefreniere can’t skate, stick handle, creates no space and makes no plays.

Zibanejad without Buch has no one to pass to him.
Kreider is not an assist man, and Goodrow is bottom 6 player and penalty killer.

There’s no question Blais has more offensive skills than Goodrow, Kakko or Laf
If you’re reacting to last night’s game, the conversation should be about the porous defense with a 3 goal lead.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT