ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2024 NY Giants Season Thread

I guess any decent FG non starter just sit as a FA until a spot opens up?

Who are the potential FA options?
If Graham can't go next Sunday, the Giants could bring in a free agent to compete with Jude for the job during the week.

For example, the Washington Commanders fired their #1 kicker after an 0-2 field goal performance during week 1. The next day they hired unemployed free agent Austin Seibert. Proved to be a smart move. This afternoon, Austin hit 7 of 7 field goals, accounting for all 21 Commanders points in a 21-18 win over the Giants.

Reactions: ashokan and RU-05
Welcome to the NFL Malik Nabers.

That was so NY Giants football. In a clutch situation just fold, First Slayton, now Nabers fits in perfectly with this organization.

I thought this was the only type of games we could win, a defensive battle. Looks like I was wrong.
You want to take #1 out of retirement, you make that catch.

You want to take #1 out of retirement, you make that catch.
To be fair, if it’s a “normal” game and your kicker isn’t hurt, he doesn’t need to make that catch. Gano is coming in to make it 24-18. But I get your point. Still think he’ll be really good.

To be fair, if it’s a “normal” game and your kicker isn’t hurt, he doesn’t need to make that catch. Gano is coming in to make it 24-18. But I get your point. Still think he’ll be really good.
No. Regardless of the score, time, down, distance...that's his job. Catch the catchable ball.

No. Regardless of the score, time, down, distance...that's his job. Catch the catchable ball.
As I said, I get it. But more often than not, it wouldn’t have come to that. He will be fine. Rookie mistake that he’ll learn from.

How do you not have an active backup that can make an extra point ?
High school teams have backups that can make an extra point.

We had 52 on roster today. They could have elevated the backup K from the PS. No idea what they were thinking after Gano was hurt all week. You favor one injury and you hurt something else happens all the time.

A hundred other problems with this team besides that though. Bowen bend don't break D. Burns and Thibs no where to be found first 2 weeks. No punts by Washington!!

Offense was decent which is a positive these days. Played one of the worst defenses but did get 3 TDs!

We had 52 on roster today. They could have elevated the backup K from the PS. No idea what they were thinking after Gano was hurt all week. You favor one injury and you hurt something else happens all the time.

A hundred other problems with this team besides that though. Bowen bend don't break D. Burns and Thibs no where to be found first 2 weeks. No punts by Washington!!

Offense was decent which is a positive these days. Played one of the worst defenses but did get 3 TDs!
Don't they only dress 48 players?

With the ball now moved back for extra points its like trying a 33 yd field goal

Daboll and Wink never seemed like Parcells and Beli lol.

Parcells loved him and lots of people compared Dabol to Bill (Big Tuna and Little Tuna).

tACCaVF.jpeg

The Giants have played exactly 200 games since being handed the Lomdardi Trophy on February 5, 2012. They've won 77 of them.

That's 6 wins/year over the course of 12+ seasons. Ridiculous.

And Brian Daboll sounds about as clueless as the 3 stooges that immediately preceded him.

ESPN reports Graham is out for a few weeks and a vet kicker will arrive to compete with Jude for biz in Cleveland on Sunday.

Hopefully the Giants get the kicker situation right. Yesterday, the Giants scored three touchdowns, the Commanders scored zero, and the Commanders won because kicking. Daboll can lose like Houdini can escape.

This team is so unwatchable. 3 yard pass on 3rd and long. Time to clean house again.

Nabers seems pretty good. Smart too as he threw away that option that had nowhere to go

I want to see some bombs like Eli to Burress
The whole league seems dinky-dunky
Burress was amazing

Haven't been able to watch (kids baseball/soccer).
Saw the score and it seems the team is looking good?

Reactions: ashokan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT