Favorite Jets Uniform?

• 1) White Helmet Super Bowl III Style

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • 2) Green Helmet 80's Sack Exchange Look

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • 3) Something Else

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
I get the idea of acquiring more weapons, I just don’t get the obsession with getting one of the top three WRs.

This isn’t a situation like Arizona or the Giants where they desperately need a WR1. The Jets already have Wilson and there are lot of guys available in rounds 2-4 of this draft who can be very good WR2s or WR3s.
Could trade back a few spots in rd 1 and still take a T (my son likes Fautanu from Wash, very versatile, can play anywhere on the line), then pick up a 2nd rounder. The APP has them taking the T Fashanu from Penn St, but if Fautanu is not a real drop off, picking up the extra pick is a interesting idea

Unfortunately I heard on coverage late today that Fautanu is a candidate for dropping because the medical evaluation of him showed something with his knee that is likely to shorten his career.

Reactions: RAS61
Could trade back a few spots in rd 1 and still take a T (my son likes Fautanu from Wash, very versatile, can play anywhere on the line), then pick up a 2nd rounder. The APP has them taking the T Fashanu from Penn St, but if Fautanu is not a real drop off, picking up the extra pick is a interesting idea
Can't trade back unless there's somebody available at 10 whom somebody is willing to trade up for. Which there probably won't be.

Trading down is IMO only possible if one of the top four QB's is available at 10, which is highly unlikely.

Unless one of the top three WR's is still available, I think it's a lock that they will take Bowers. Long term, they'd probably be better off with an elite OT. But I doubt that anyone in the Jet organization is thinking long term. Least of all their President of Football Operations, who is also their QB, who is also their Chief Medical Officer.

(Just kidding about the Chief Medical Officer part.)
Ok I am an idiot.

I’m good with the move. The PSU T is among the top 3 OTs in the draft. I was hoping they would get a 2nd rd pick for the move down but it was only 1 spot. They got a 4th and 5 th rounder in this draft. They can get a WR in rd 3.

I was looking at 1980 draft and saw Jets took Johnny "Lam" Jones at #2.
I knew he was kind of a bust but figured he must have had some killer stats at Texas

Then I saw this:

WKarxLu.jpeg

Who looks at those stats and makes the player #2 in draft?
I know he has track speed but he couldn't catch
Jets wanted Munoz but doctor told Jets his knee wasn't good

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT