ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Accessing this site from abroad. Message to the Admins

onesimus

Senior
Gold Member
Feb 12, 2007
I'm not sure who to contact as I reached out to a few people on Rivals and didn't get a reply.

But I live/work in Switzerland (and travel around Europe) and frequently come across periods/regions where this site (but not the main rivals one) is geo-blocked for months at a time. I was thinking about getting Premium but would rather not if this will continue happening.

Would any admin/person in the know be able to help me?

With that said, I couldn't access this site for the past 3 months in Europe (though it did work when I was in Korea).

What did I miss?!

Reactions: rutgersguy1
Works fine in Vietnam and Thailand
Yeah I think it has to do with Europe's strict laws against Cookies. Which I assume Asia doesn't have considering it worked for me when I was in Korea a few weeks ago.

Lots of sites don't work here in Europe for me. But at least they tell you the reason why, which Rivals doesn't do.

Yeah I think it has to do with Europe's strict laws against Cookies. Which I assume Asia doesn't have considering it worked for me when I was in Korea a few weeks ago.

Lots of sites don't work here in Europe for me. But at least they tell you the reason why, which Rivals doesn't do.
This site is hosted by Yahoo, which may be part of the problem. Have you tried a VPN?

This site is hosted by Yahoo, which may be part of the problem. Have you tried a VPN?
Well that's why I was saying it's odd. Because the main Rivals site works, it's just the team specific ones like this one.

It's hit or miss with a VPN, but tempted to splurge on a paying one this year to access YouTubeTV (not available here).

Reactions: Knight Shift
With that said, I couldn't access this site for the past 3 months in Europe (though it did work when I was in Korea).

What did I miss?!

A LOT of OT. And hot air.

Also, the BIG added USC and UCLA, if you're into that kind of thing.

I'm in Copenhagen right now and no issues. No problems in Germany this past week, either.

When I was in Europe all the time (mostly UK and Switzerland), this site rarely worked when using Wifi. Using 5G, I never had a problem. Go the VPN route if you have troubles with 5G. If you want to stream US TV, you mostly need the VPN anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT