ADVERTISEMENT

Weather for MSU @ RU: some light showers likely for tailgates (<0.1") and steadier rain for the game (0.1-0.25")

Heavy raian now

Stadium empty ing
That's fall football without a dome
You have 11 games and 2 or 3 will just suck
That's why I dont buy tickets in advance
I had many rain days and cold cramps - TV timeouts make staying home look good

Last edited:
Reactions: RUPinstripe
once that rain picked up in the 2nd quarter, all bets were off for people to stay, the first quarter stuff was easy to take and it was downright chilly as well

all is well that ends well and Im hoping for 75 on my birthday weekend for Ohio State and hopefully a 330 pm game

We watched on Hulu Live/BTN on the drive back to Mountain Lakes. Got inside in time for the last 3 minutes. Very memorable. We had a blast, all in all. Unbelievable. Those kids made us proud as did Coach Schiano.

Reactions: thegock
It was absolutely miserable in the stadium today
We disagree, but I can see how some would not have liked it, including the 3 of 8 from our group who left at halftime, lol. Rain simply has never bothered me, unless it's really cold and windy - was fairly mild and no wind today. And as I said in my other thread, the NWS forecast was spot on for both the tailgates and the game, so nobody should've been surprised at the weather.

Well, it's looking like a bit of a fail by the HRRR/RAP and other models, like the NAM which have consistently shown <0.05" through about noon, at least if the latest HRRR is right, as for the first time, it's now showing 0.1-0.2" of rain through noon with occasional to steady light rain, especially after 10 am. As I've said countless times, when the forecast is for 0.1" or less and the forecast error bars are +/- 0.1" of rain, that means anywhere from 0" to 0.2" would be considered a pretty good forecast. Unfortunately, it's looking like we'll be on the high side of that range. Not much we can do about it now - hopefully people are bringing canopies, which people will be fine under, or just don't care about some rain.

Game mode time - let's go RU!!!
Turns out no fail at all by those models or the NWS, as the NWS forecast ending up being spot on, as we had a guesstimated 0.05" of rain from 8:30 am to 11:30 am (I brought my rain gauge, lol), which is well within what the NWS predicted (they predicted about 0.05-0.10" by about noon). We obviously did not get the 0.1-0.2" during the tailgates that I was fearing in the post above, based on the radar around 8:30 am - turns out much of that "precip" must've been virga, not reaching the ground.

And it looks like we had another 0.4" during the game (report in NB as of 4 pm), which was pretty close to the 0.2-0.3" the NWS was predicting. Had a great tailgate under the canopy and it was fairly mild with little wind. Got wet in the game, but that was expected, duh, and didn't even feel it in the 4Q during that amazing comeback (rain also let up near the end). I did actually wear some rain gear for the first time in years, which kept me pretty dry.

Reactions: FastMJ
Another great prediction. Let me guess: it's going to be a standing room-only sellout crowd, right?

Edit: Your obviously drunk replies are too funny, @AreYouNUTS. It’s hilarious how you melt down at the sight of thousands of empty seats every home game. Your propaganda always gets exposed!

Edit 2: Hey @Richard Schnyderite since @AreYouNUTS is crying to you and playing the victim as always, please actually read the posts this time. NUTS called me a “f***ing moron” and told me to “shut the f*** up” for simply posting my opinion. He has zero respect for this site’s rules and profanely attacks anyone who disagrees with his propaganda. Ban me if you want, but if you don’t ban him as well it’s proof that you don’t actually care about equally enforcing this site’s rules.

Yeah it's been bad, just a really nasty morning weather-wise.

The attendance was going to be bad no matter what but given the awful conditions here, I doubt the stadium is even half-full. I wish this game was on Peacock so most Big Ten fans wouldn't see all the empty seats.
Wow, glad I missed all your troll posts. What is your problem? Tailgates were just about what we all expected - some light rain, but also long stretches without any rain. No big deal at all, even if you didn't have a canopy. We got in the neighborhood of 0.05" during the tailgates, which is almost exactly what the NWS and others were predicting

Wow, glad I missed all your troll posts. What is your problem? Tailgates were just about what we all expected - some light rain, but also long stretches without any rain. No big deal at all, even if you didn't have a canopy. We got in the neighborhood of 0.05" during the tailgates, which is almost exactly what the NWS and others were predicting
That guy is on his 100th different handle in 2 months. Has huge mental problems. I hope they get help.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT