ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Better stock up on bread, milk and eggs...(and big rainstorm w/some snow well NW tonight, 12/10)

RU848789

Legend
Jul 27, 2001
Metuchen, NJ
It's snowing! Snowmageddon 2023! All kidding aside, nice to see a few mood flakes.

Vpkggej.png

Last edited:
Remember…I did say I got my snowblower ready to go.

But, I didn’t pay for it this year and did it myself.

So while I won’t guarantee a snow free winter in my neck of the woods, I doubt I get a lot.

Maybe another snowless winter? Less than 2 inches don’t count.
Very unlikely just based on probability/ climatology as <5" of snow in a winter is very rare. Also hoping the long range models and MJO forecast indicating a colder (and maybe snowier) pattern in late December verifies, but uncertainty on pattern forecasts is high...

Reactions: RUTGERS95
Very unlikely just based on probability/ climatology as <5" of snow in a winter is very rare. Also hoping the long range models and MJO forecast indicating a colder (and maybe snowier) pattern in late December verifies, but uncertainty on pattern forecasts is high...
How about....NO THANKS? How about...the "colder" and "snowier" stuff holds off until Jan? Thanks!!!

Evidently,the snow doesn't bother older horses.
All About Rusty,a 14 year old horse,charged through the stretch to win the third at Monticello today at 22-1.

• Love
Reactions: bac2therac
Got a nice storm last weekend - good 8 inches. Wasn't ready for it, couldn't even find the car brush or main snow shovel.

Luckily it turned to rain on 2nd day and washed the snow away so no shoveling.

I want 30ft of snow for the skiing:)

heading to vt over Christmas break

Nice, which resort?

Never met a VT resort I didn't love. Used to even do day trips to Mt. Snow - was lucky to get 5 hours of riding for 10 of round trip driving but still totally worth flying past Catskills.

we can send down our half a foot on the ground to you if you'd like from Sunny Southern Maine. Also tonight's negative one temp if you'd like. Northern Maine could send a foot plus if that's not enough.

Thankfully basketball and wrestling hold me over, Covid in 2020 was tough with no in person sporting events. I must have looked at my ticket stub books no less than 500 times during that time, remembering the games and either YouTubing the others or looking at box scores

I hate winter and get pissy from December - April, so Thank God for live sports at Rutgers.

Nice, which resort?

Never met a VT resort I didn't love. Used to even do day trips to Mt. Snow - was lucky to get 5 hours of riding for 10 of round trip driving but still totally worth flying past Catskills.
seeing my grandfather (100) and then taking boys to stowe for 2 days. He's off Mallet's Bay near Burlington so Stowe is a hop skip

agree, too much driving better off just flying somewhere!

Reactions: fsg2
we can send down our half a foot on the ground to you if you'd like from Sunny Southern Maine. Also tonight's negative one temp if you'd like. Northern Maine could send a foot plus if that's not enough.
My buddy lives right outside Baxter State Park, woke up to -4 temps yesterday morning.

• Wow
Reactions: Jm0513
Nice, which resort?

Back when I skied a lot more, I always enjoyed Vermont (mostly Killington), but still had fun in the Catskills and even Poconos, since I love being out in the snow. Haven't skied in a few years, but would like to give it a go this winter (have had some knee problems).

Reactions: fsg2
I am on the beach in Siesta Key...it's 75 degrees...who cares about the snow and cold!! Well, I will be back in NJ on Saturday so I guess I will need to care...LOL

Nice, which resort?

I went to Mt Snow 30 years ago and it was great. I’m sure it has changed a lot over the last 30 years.

Reactions: LOU-RU85 and fsg2
My buddy lives right outside Baxter State Park, woke up to -4 temps yesterday morning.
yeah, it was bad, luckily mountain valleys were above zero, not that 1 is that much toastier than -4. Can't imagine what the north got, it's a different world up in that part of the state (just say Canada).

After a gorgeous day tomorrow, we have a big storm coming Sunday afternoon into early Monday. 2-3" of rain for most (with areas along the shore and east of NYC maybe getting more than 3") and we'll see 20-30 mph winds with gusts to 40 mph for the region and possibly higher gusts at the coast. T-storms look likely too with temps in the low 60s.

A flood watch (for possible urban/stream flooding from rainfall) is up for the region and coastal flood advisories are likely, as are high wind advisories for the coast. Precip will end Monday as some snow well N/W of 95, with big snows (6-12" or more) likely for the ski resorts in the Adirondacks and interior New England.

https://www.weather.gov/phi/

seeing my grandfather (100) and then taking boys to stowe for 2 days. He's off Mallet's Bay near Burlington so Stowe is a hop skip

agree, too much driving better off just flying somewhere!
I will be on Mallets Bay in February playing in a Pond Hockey Tournament.
Hope it gets real cold starting in January.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT