ADVERTISEMENT

OT: DMV what a total cluster

How are you all seeing dealing with your banks? I called BOA to ask a question and the hold was 90 minutes so I tried to make an appointment for a phone call and was told I had to wait weeks. I was able to schedule a walk in appointment a week out so I will see how that goes

I used to be Bank of America...awful customer service and they got rid of all the drive thrus before the Chinavirus hit...that aged well

have no issue just walking into Provident Bank in Hillsborough, no appointment needed

advice to you..switch banks

How are you all seeing dealing with your banks? I called BOA to ask a question and the hold was 90 minutes so I tried to make an appointment for a phone call and was told I had to wait weeks. I was able to schedule a walk in appointment a week out so I will see how that goes
My primary bank is Chase. Back in June (ish), I got a call from a rep there asking how I was doing in the current climate and if there was anything they could help me with. I didn’t need anything, but I was surprised with their outreach. Wouldn’t have expected it from such a mega bank.

I know some people at DMV and they are actually pretty smart. It others who make-up the rules and drive them into the ground.

Now the post office on the other hand...I know carriers who can barely read

Howard Stern slams Trump and Postal Service, says we’re a third world country now, wonders how there’s no ‘revolution in the streets'
https://www.nydailynews.com/snyde/n...0200812-4ev7r7cmjzdkxiybpw6algw35y-story.html

What year did Howard Stern become Karen Stern?

This. Out of work gov’t slugs puts a smile on my face. The only other group that would make me happier is lawyers

Well I'd say occasionally a lawyer can be a good thing. But I hear ya. I personally enjoy the "teachers" cutting their own public school throats.

Reactions: goru1869
Well said

A lot of lawyers and college professors are low bottom

One of my Nephews is an Attorney.

Nicknamed "Pond Scum".

But has little to due with the profession, and everything to due what 1 Sister of the 2 Sisters called him when they discovered he was dating both at the same time.

Verizon is really awful these days - I mean criminal.

I bought my own router, and returned Verizon's router - which they charged me for every month. Four months later I was still getting charged. I called they said they fixed issue. Three months later I was still getting charged. After a year I was still being charged. Finally a gal got the charges dropped, but she had to make a new agreement (not a contract). I got the charges dropped but I never got back the money I was overcharged for a year. I was promised this. I will have to call again. None of this runaround seems accidental. Verizon is like the old AOL and purposely tries to make things harder and more expensive for you

Always use a virtual credit card service for recurring payments or subscriptions. I like privacy.com. You can create virtual cards for each subscription you have active like one card for Netflix, another for Pandora, etc. Each virtual card allows you to set the spending limit per month, per transaction or per life of the card.

Check them out and if you think they're good, please use my referral link, to get $5 and I'll get $5 too: https://privacy.com/join/PYNXN

Reactions: eceres
Anyone have any experience renewing their license at Bakers Basin in the last week or so? Long lines?

Howard Stern is still alive - who knew. On other news Biden said tonight he would shut down the whole country if elected and it is ok with Dr. Fauci. Then we wont need to get in line at the DMV - it all makes sense to me.

Not where I live. Florida got rid of inspections many years ago.

Car inspections? That’s a Jersey thing, right?

Visiting the DMV in person. Didn’t they fix the long delays after privatizing parts of the agency?

Last edited:

I bought my own router, and returned Verizon's router - which they charged me for every month. Four months later I was still getting charged. I called they said they fixed issue. Three months later I was still getting charged. After a year I was still being charged. Finally a gal got the charges dropped, but she had to make a new agreement (not a contract). I got the charges dropped but I never got back the money I was overcharged for a year. I was promised this. I will have to call again. None of this runaround seems accidental. Verizon is like the old AOL and purposely tries to make things harder and more expensive for you
Consultants for big businesses have taught the customer service departments to put up road blocks to prevent customers from terminating service or receiving any type of credits. 25% of customers stop pursuing a credit after the first roadblock, 30% stop after their 2nd roadblock and 30% more after the 3rd. If you’re willing to spend 1-2 hours to fix the problem, you get your credit.

Reactions: Knightmoves
Reading all the horror stories on here I was having nightmares about buying my new vehicle. I needed to call Wells Fargo to increase my spending cap to pay for it, I called customer service and waited less that 2 minutes before a real person answered, no robot endless menus. Then I went to the DMV to get my plates, there was a line outside but I only waited in it about 35 minutes and as soon as I got inside I was helped at a counter (this is North Carolina anyway). Couldn’t have been an easier process. Thinking you guys all just have the wrong banks/go to the wrong DMVs .. or just live in the wrong state :)

Reading all the horror stories on here I was having nightmares about buying my new vehicle. I needed to call Wells Fargo to increase my spending cap to pay for it, I called customer service and waited less that 2 minutes before a real person answered, no robot endless menus. Then I went to the DMV to get my plates, there was a line outside but I only waited in it about 35 minutes and as soon as I got inside I was helped at a counter (this is North Carolina anyway). Couldn’t have been an easier process. Thinking you guys all just have the wrong banks/go to the wrong DMVs .. or just live in the wrong state :)
The dealer took care of my plates for a new car. All of my new car purchases, the dealers go to DMV. I thought that’s what all dealers did?

Reactions: BigWill
DMV should fess up and just say we were in error. We inadvertently asked people to go online instead of going to an office. It was a typo and should have read " INLINE " when you get here.

We were on an actual lockdown for 3 and a half months while the south had their heads up their asses. DMVs here were shut down completely and now dealing with backlog. Sorry were not trying to let a chunk of our state population die any further

Why didn’t you get your CC company to stop paying them?

Why didn’t you get your CC company to stop paying them?

I stopped using credit cards in the late 80s as debit cards came on. Besides that, I wasn't going to fight over internet service for $12 a month, when the only remaining option was cable. Cable's wires are old, and the trees grew a lot since installing. After every bad storm, the cable folks are SOL, and the Barney colored cable trucks are all over the place trying to rig the system back together

We were on an actual lockdown for 3 and a half months while the south had their heads up their asses. DMVs here were shut down completely and now dealing with backlog. Sorry were not trying to let a chunk of our state population die any further

And did the DMV need to be shut down completely? Social distancing by employees and scheduled appointments don't seem impossible.

There‘s quite a few lawyers on this board and you’re wishing that they become unemployed.
Ya lawyers, gov't workers, college professors, bank employees, verizon employee's, I'm sure there are more, because this country definitely needs more people unemployed.

Reactions: Knight Shift
When that poor judges son was killed guess who I thought of
It’s criminal what they do to fathers in the family courts. Luckily the vast majority of us men are non violent. Getting divorced in NJ is the worst thing you can do for your health, wealth and sanity. It’s a big fvcking racket and the blood sucking lawyers don’t care about you or your Childrens well being. They just care about sucking as many dollars out of you as they can get. NJ is cosidered I the top 5 for worst states to get divorced in.

Reactions: goru1869
Yeah, the south had their heads up their asses so badly that their death rate from the virus is a fraction of what it has been in the tristate area.

They obviously needed a Dem governor to lockdown their economy while maximizing the death toll by sending sick patients INTO nursing homes.

Consultants for big businesses have taught the customer service departments to put up road blocks to prevent customers from terminating service or receiving any type of credits. 25% of customers stop pursuing a credit after the first roadblock, 30% stop after their 2nd roadblock and 30% more after the 3rd. If you’re willing to spend 1-2 hours to fix the problem, you get your credit.

Sign on here, then contact the customer service company you want.

Get on the line, and start posting here while waiting your turn.

Fix credit problem and get up to date here at the same time.

"NY and you, perfect together.", Gov Kean.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT