ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Eminent Oxford Scientist Says Wind Power "Fails On Every Count"

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's amazing all the terrible diet advice the .gov and schools teach and support. The only reason I can see for this is they're being corrupted by the shitty Food guys, HFCS, etc... I mean they can't be that stupid right? They have to be corrupt.

Hell I wouldn't be surprised if the FDA starts recommending smoking in the future (as soon as the tobacco checks arrive)
I have said it before. Big food and big pharma collude to sell more crap food so that they can sell more crap drugs. Not explicitly, but they know what they are doing.

Our senators and representatives get involved on the investigation of whale deaths, but silently sit by while big food and big pharma poison children. Follow the money.

Last edited:
Reactions: RUScrew85
I have said it before. Big food and big pharma collude to sell more crap food so that they can sell more crap drugs. Not explicitly, but they know what they are doing.

Our senators and representatives get involved on the investigation of whale deaths, but silently sit by while big food and big pharma poison children. Follow the money.
Big pharma doesn't need crap food to keep busy. There have always been diseases unrelated to diet that need treating. As for Congress, they've also tended to sit by while guns mow down children. Generally they address whatever the public is captivated by--with the exception of guns.

I thought we wanted to get rid of the FDA, way to much regulations are barriers to innovation. They have a 8.4 billion budget that probably needs to be cut in the next budget negotiations. Cut the National Institutes of Health budget of 48.5 billion while we’re at it. With life expectancy falling for the second year to 76, they aren’t performing very well.

Last edited:

So true.

Just like some here falsely labelled gas stove bans as a conspiracy theory, they will likely say the same for this

I thought we wanted to get rid of the FDA, way to much regulations are barriers to innovation. They have a 8.4 billion budget that probably needs to be cut in the next budget negotiations. Cut the National Institutes of Health budget of 48.5 billion while we’re at it. With life expectancy falling for the second year to 76, they aren’t performing very well.
Can't tell if serious. The FDA is the most innovative pharma regulatory agency in the world especially relative to the very conservative and bureaucratic EMA (Europe) and PMDA (Japan). I've dealt with all three agencies on new drug approvals, extensively, and the FDA is easily the best and most innovative. And the main reason for life expectancy falling the last two years is the pandemic (with the vast majority of those deaths being preventable since vaccines became widely available by May 2021, so hard to place much blame on NIH).

Can't tell if serious. The FDA is the most innovative pharma regulatory agency in the world especially relative to the very conservative and bureaucratic EMA (Europe) and PMDA (Japan). I've dealt with all three agencies on new drug approvals, extensively, and the FDA is easily the best and most innovative. And the main reason for life expectancy falling the last two years is the pandemic (with the vast majority of those deaths being preventable since vaccines became widely available by May 2021, so hard to place much blame on NIH).
I think it's more accurate to say the FDA is less conservative than EMA / PMDA. Innovative is quite a stretch in my opinion.

Reactions: Knight Shift
It's not the NIH's fault people are taking way too many drugs and eating way too much crap food and didn't get free vaccinations.

Fox News, champion of the poor!
lol honest media sources say Fox lies to its viewers , the viewers claim that's a lie.
Then it's proven Fox lies and its viewers still believe and share their BS..
Seems like common sense goes out the window if you watch Fox on a regular bases.

Reactions: brgRC90
lol honest media sources say Fox lies to its viewers , the viewers claim that's a lie.
Then it's proven Fox lies and its viewers still believe and share their BS..
Seems like common sense goes out the window if you watch Fox on a regular bases.
Fake court documents!

I think it's more accurate to say the FDA is less conservative than EMA / PMDA. Innovative is quite a stretch in my opinion.
I think both are true. On the innovation side, just look at the incredible speed with which the SARS-CoV-2 vaccines were brought to market, with stellar safety and strong efficacy. And more generally, the breakthrough therapy designation for key new drugs has cut months and millions off of the approval process, where the FDA is almost always first to approval for innovative new therapies. In addition, the Complex Innovative Trial Design initiative looks very promising and the rolling submission process (which I've been heavily involved in from the company side) has been very effective.

https://hbswk.hbs.edu/item/fdas-speedy-drug-approval-a-win-win-for-patients-and-pharma

³
I think both are true. On the innovation side, just look at the incredible speed with which the SARS-CoV-2 vaccines were brought to market, with stellar safety and strong efficacy. And more generally, the breakthrough therapy designation for key new drugs has cut months and millions off of the approval process, where the FDA is almost always first to approval for innovative new therapies. In addition, the Complex Innovative Trial Design initiative looks very promising and the rolling submission process (which I've been heavily involved in from the company side) has been very effective.

https://hbswk.hbs.edu/item/fdas-speedy-drug-approval-a-win-win-for-patients-and-pharma
I see what ya did there 😄👍

None of them spent 2 years telling their viewers that the election was "rigged" and Trump really won.

Your attempt to conflate the other networks with Fox - which intentionally lies to its viewers on a continual basis - is either sad, stupid or both.

They spent 6 years on a phony Russian hoax including a dossier which many including you slurped down. Interestingly enough Hillary and DNC were fined for violating campaign finance law with the reporting of funds for dossier

The networks pushed a phony rape charge against a Supreme Court Justice and their behavior during covid was reprehensible. I could go on and on. Peaceful protests, white Supremacists, Jussie Smollet, Nick Sandmann, Russian bounties, WW 3 for taking out Iranian terrorist all wave hello

Just like some here falsely labelled gas stove bans as a conspiracy theory, they will likely say the same for this

So much obfuscation on this topic. The administration has been talking out of both sides of their mouths on this, but the reality is that "The RFI [Request for Information] ordered in October, however, is still proceeding. Indeed, the CPSC published the RFI on March 7, and the agency requires that all public comments be submitted by May 8, 2023.[8]"

The "studies" of harm are based on "junk science" and observational studies. Peter Attia, MD has a reasoned, non-partisan piece on this. Links below, which are from purportedly medical, legal and scientific sources, not the hyperpolitical usual sources.

Hope that reasonable minds prevail here, and there is not a lot of hysteria and hand-waving from both sides. Will they "follow the science?" Doubtful.

"Before panic sets in, it is important to note that the findings of the study are not new and are based on a single meta-analysis published in 2013 on observational studies reporting associations between gas stove use and asthma."

"The meta-analysis on which Gruenwald et al.’s study is based leaves room for doubt. It is composed of observational studies, which, as we’ve seen so many times, are subject to confounds. For example, the analysis included multiple studies that found an association between gas cooking and respiratory disease in children but variously failed to evaluate parental smoking habits, indoor smoke, pet ownership, or outdoor pollution as other possible factors which might underlie the observed associations. In other words, we must interpret these conclusions with a high degree of caution."

Liberal policies are the main cause of global warming. Dems destroyed the walkable cities with crime and pushed the masses to the suburbs where they need cars.

Liberal policies are the main cause of global warming. Dems destroyed the walkable cities with crime and pushed the masses to the suburbs where they need cars.
giphy.gif

The science does not lie.

Cities are more energy efficient. FACT. The masses have moved out of the cities. FACT.

Dems are the majority. Shouldn't you be flocking to the cities where you can enjoy the results of the policies you promote? High taxes, catch and release prisons, diverse schools, defunded police, and so on.

Reactions: bac2therac

Cities are more energy efficient. FACT. The masses have moved out of the cities. FACT.

Dems are the majority. Shouldn't you be flocking to the cities where you can enjoy the results of the policies you promote? High taxes, catch and release prisons, diverse schools, defunded police, and so on.
right on brother blame the dems for pollution while the GOP fights for the right to pollute
Also the GOP doesn't mind criminal acts if it's one of them doing it and the right to be a domestic terrorist is protected if you are trying to keep a Dam from being elected.Even if doing so cost the lives of some Police Officers
and causes injuries to many many more.
As for defund the police, seems like the GOP are for de-funding anything and everything that is beyond their control, until they can get their grubby hands on it.
thats-the-end-of-my-rant-hunter-engel.gif

Reactions: brgRC90
right on brother blame the dems for pollution while the GOP fights for the right to pollute
Also the GOP doesn't mind criminal acts if it's one of them doing it and the right to be a domestic terrorist is protected if you are trying to keep a Dam from being elected.Even if doing so cost the lives of some Police Officers
As for defund the police, seems like the GOP are for de-funding anything and everything that beyond their control.

No self awareness

No self awareness
When I look in the mirror I see a person that wants the best life for everyone , even those that are not like me. That's self-awareness !!!
I also don't feel that taking away constitutional rights just because that person or person because I don't like a personal decision they want to make is good for America . That's another trait that helps one be aware of what inside of them when it comes to what they stand for
So mr bac I'm completely self-aware and know I stand for truth and justice for all and not just for those that think and act like me..

Selfawarness is looking at yourself and know you are trying to be the best person you can be by making sure you are willing to help others live a better life and not try to take away their ability to succeed because they aren't like the people you surround yourself with .

Being unaware is refusing to see that all people are not alike and that we must try to help those not like us, just as much as we ae willing to help those just like us..

• Haha
Reactions: bac2therac
As for defund the police, seems like the GOP are for de-funding anything and everything that is beyond their control, until they can get their grubby hands on it.
Keep making excuses for the failures of your party.

High crime, litter, pollution and bad schools in the blue cities across the board.

My neighborhood is neat, clean safe and has good schools.

The masses have moved out of cities? Huh?

Reactions: brgRC90 and fsg2

High crime, litter, pollution and bad schools in the blue cities across the board.

and only your kind of people live there 😁

The masses have moved out of cities? Huh?
Never on a Sunday.😉
Many Churches in large Cities still have Mass on Sunday and even some Dems attend
Though some might have had to drive to the Church from their home in the Suburbs
So the masses haven't been moved
( just poking a little fun at who you were replying to)

You don't think that maybe some of the difference is that cities have millions of people and your neat, clean neighborhood doesn't?

One of my kids has live in the East Village for the last 6 years. It's pretty clean, for being in the middle of Manhattan. Crime stats aren't particularly alarming or revealing as compared to historical.

I'm gonna go with "you don't really know what you're talking about."

Keep making excuses for the failures of your party
You don't think that maybe some of the difference is that cities have millions of people and your neat, clean neighborhood doesn't?

One of my kids has live in the East Village for the last 6 years. It's pretty clean, for being in the middle of Manhattan. Crime stats aren't particularly alarming or revealing as compared to historical.

I'm gonna go with "you don't really know what you're talking about."

The cities do have millions of people. Shouldn't they each be able to clean up their own trash? Economy of scale benefits cities. They should be able to do things cheaper and more economical. Can you explain why cities spend more per capita on public services and get less? Whose fault is that? Shouldn't the cities have MORE funding for everything? Why do they have less?

Why is the area with the most jobs, most opportunities, most hospitals, museums and most prestigious schools the poorest area?

The problem with cities is they have low class people. In the burbs we use trashcans. In the city they dump trash on the closest lot. The only trash in my neighborhood is at the bus stop where the people from the city leave their trash.

Keep making excuses for the failures of your party

The cities do have millions of people. Shouldn't they each be able to clean up their own trash? Economy of scale benefits cities. They should be able to do things cheaper and more economical. Can you explain why cities spend more per capita on public services and get less? Whose fault is that? Shouldn't the cities have MORE funding for everything? Why do they have less?

Why is the area with the most jobs, most opportunities, most hospitals, museums and most prestigious schools the poorest area?

The problem with cities is they have low class people. In the burbs we use trashcans. In the city they dump trash on the closest lot. The only trash in my neighborhood is at the bus stop where the people from the city leave their trash.

You don't know how economies of scale work.

For every scaled economy there is a point of diminishing return.

As far as "more on public services and get less", that's not entirely true, either. Cities have better hospitals, just to cite one example. NYC is a mecca of modern health care.

"Why is the area with the most jobs, most opportunities, most hospitals, museums and most prestigious schools the poorest area?"

This is stupid, too. NYC isn't "poor" - overall, it's less poor than any red state. There are poor neighborhoods. There are comparatively poor neighborhoods everywhere - even in the suburbs.

You really don't know what you're talking about, on any level. Take a seat.

As far as "more on public services and get less", that's not entirely true, either. Cities have better hospitals, just to cite one example. NYC is a mecca of modern health care.

"Why is the area with the most jobs, most opportunities, most hospitals, museums and most prestigious schools the poorest area?"

This is stupid, too. NYC isn't "poor" - overall, it's less poor than any red state. There are poor neighborhoods. There are comparatively poor neighborhoods everywhere - even in the suburbs.

Baby Boomers GIF by MOODMAN

So the red states should get more welfare and the cities should pay for it? #equal.funding

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT