ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Girlfriend is going to introduce me to her dog

rutgersal

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 7, 2001
any ideas or suggestions? Should I bring doggie treats or doggie toys? I’m generally good with dogs, but what if the dog doesn’t like me? Feeling a little bit nervous. You can BS parents, can’t BS the dog.

51p9p4oOR-L._UX679_.jpg

Or get out while you can.

Reactions: RU at the shore
Rub bacon grease on your hands and face to help break the ice

When you meet the dog is is very important to jump onto the dog and wrestle it, bite its neck and show them who is leader of the pack. The dog will respect you after that.

Reactions: beaced
any ideas or suggestions? Should I bring doggie treats or doggie toys? I’m generally good with dogs, but what if the dog doesn’t like me? Feeling a little bit nervous. You can BS parents, can’t BS the dog.

If it's a big dog and doesn't like you feed it dark chocolate. If it's a little dog kick a field goal.

Reactions: rutgersal
You must know what kind of dog it is?
If this is truly your girlfriend and the dog is cared for by her, it’s a substantial commitment.
It’s almost impossible for you to not have met the beast already?
She has to make sure the dog is both relieved and fed, multiple times a day.

Last edited:
Reactions: rutgersal
You must no what kind of dog it is?
If this is truly your girlfriend and the dog is cared for by her, it’s a substantial commitment.
It’s almost impossible for you to not have met the beast already?
She has to make sure the dog is both relieved and fed, multiple times a day.

He hasn't said that he has met the mother in law? (just kidding).

Tell the dog (while petting him or her that ) " I know you are spoiled here", so there's less jealousy involved when you bring the overnight bag for the weekend and the dog doesn't get offended...

All kidding aside, tell the dog RU is at least going 9-3 and will be in a New Years Day bowl and start planning for ways to have someone else watch the dog, since you'll both be in Florida for the game and away for a couple of days.

Parked next to a car in the deck at work this morning with a sticker "If my dog doesn't like you, then neither do I".

So I'd bring some Pup-Peroni to make a good first impression on that beast.

Play catch to find out of the dog can catch better than our receivers.

How is it that you can be so damned optimistic about Rutgers Football, yet scared stiff about meeting a dog? If the dog likes you, you're in like Flynn...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT