ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Girlfriend is going to introduce me to her dog

A girl once told me that everything would be fine, as long as I don't look the dog directly in the eyes. Big ass Rottweiler.

Reactions: Jm0513
You must know what kind of dog it is?
If this is truly your girlfriend and the dog is cared for by her, it’s a substantial commitment.
It’s almost impossible for you to not have met the beast already?
She has to make sure the dog is both relieved and fed, multiple times a day.

Yorkshire Terrier. The dog is currently with her elderly parents, which is why I haven’t met her yet, but at some point, the dog will be with her.

Reactions: zappaa
Yorkshire Terrier.
yorkie06.jpg

Reactions: RW90 and Jm0513
That's not a dog.

Yorkies are actually great dogs, especially if space limitations require you to get a small dog. They have typical terrier curiosity, lots of energy, and make great companions. There are advantages to having a dog that you can pick up. The one drawback of Yorkies is they tend to be barkers, but that can be managed with training.

As far as Al goes, I partially agree with Rcube. If Al's girlfriend has a Yorkie with short hair, she may be OK. But if she has a Yorkie with long hair, and the dog is not a showdog, Al should run for the hills. If she has a Yorkie that is a showdog, then Al should watch the movie "Best in Show", and then run for the hills.

Reactions: rutgersal
RutgersAl got a girlfriend? How did he trick her into being his girlfriend? Just kidding, any woman would be lucky to have Al.

RutgersAl got a girlfriend? How did he trick her into being his girlfriend? Just kidding, any woman would be lucky to have Al.
Seriously.

The most important question of the thread!

And like @Extra Point said...we are all very happy for you.

When I first met my wife she had a Yorkie that thought it was a Doberman. It was very protective of my then girlfriend. Good luck Al.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT