ADVERTISEMENT

OT: House of the Dragon - Discussion

So what did you think of Blood and Cheese last night ? Of course they had to modify and have Helaena see Alicent in bed with Cole. They didn't show any of the gore because the book was pretty rough.
I liked it, but it was modify in two ways.....Alicent/Cole as you mentioned, but also not making Helaena directly choose which child was to you know what. Maybe that was too brutal?

Speaking of brutal, I didn't expect them to show anything graphic, but the sound effect and dialogue made it clear what was going on. I wonder if the contents of the sack will be shown next episode? Yikes.

I liked it, but it was modify in two ways.....Alicent/Cole as you mentioned, but also not making Helaena directly choose which child was to you know what. Maybe that was too brutal?

Speaking of brutal, I didn't expect them to show anything graphic, but the sound effect and dialogue made it clear what was going on. I wonder if the contents of the sack will be shown next episode? Yikes.
Yes they had ways to let us know what was happening.

For those interested. Obviously, spoilers but only for E1:

Last edited:
Two sex scenes with Alicent and CC. Is this going to be an ongoing joke, where the queen says every episode, "we can never do this again"

• Haha
Reactions: T2Kplus20
Two sex scenes with Alicent and CC. Is this going to be an ongoing joke, where the queen says every episode, "we can never do this again"
Yeah - leave it to a TV version to make a big deal of that. Doesn't exist in the book.

Team Green is looking pretty dysfunctional, but I can't resist the queen. Disappointed that they did not show the influx of cats in the castle after hanging all the rat catchers.

Team Green is looking pretty dysfunctional, but I can't resist the queen. Disappointed that they did not show the influx of cats in the castle after hanging all the rat catchers.
The cats may be yet to come! :)
Team Black isn't looking too good either with Rhaenyra and Daemon having issues.

I also read an article a few days ago where Ryan Condal admits to "pulling the punch" with Blood and Cheese. It was really about the brutality of the novel and making Daemon looks less like a total villain.

Reactions: RutHut
If you only care about battles, can't help you. Feel free to tune in for E4 in two weeks. The Battle of Rook's Rest is coming soon.
not at all but the storyline doesn't make sense. they kill her son, she's upset over retaliation yet engaged in a civil war to retake the throne. there is more but that stands out

I remember the twins storyline from the book, but I don’t remember the significance of some of the other common-folk characters they've introduced in these couple of episodes. I'm going to be lost in Winds of Winter if we live to see it.

I remember the twins storyline from the book, but I don’t remember the significance of some of the other common-folk characters they've introduced in these couple of episodes. I'm going to be lost in Winds of Winter if we live to see it.
Dragonseeds.

She was upset because she wanted Aemond to die (who killed her son) and not an innocent 4 year old. Makes perfect sense.
scorched earth, that kid was a threat to her kids future claims. no way, this is bad writing and more liberties

scorched earth, that kid was a threat to her kids future claims. no way, this is bad writing and more liberties
Amazing writing and very realistic with the source material. The kid is an innocence and at this time, she is still working on the delusion that all out war can be avoided. Kinslaying is a big no-no in this world and she has kids the same age she wants to protect.

@T2Kplus20 the actor playing the king however, is outstanding!!!!!! did not see that coming from him from earlier scenes
Compared to the Disney garbage of recent years, it's just amazing and refreshing to see characters reacting like normal people and in logical ways. Aegon raging was realistic but without going over the top and becoming a caricature. You are right, great actor!

Reactions: RUTGERS95
Compared to the Disney garbage of recent years, it's just amazing and refreshing to see characters reacting like normal people and in logical ways. Aegon raging was realistic but without going over the top and becoming a caricature. You are right, great actor!
agree
excellent acting here

Amazing writing and very realistic with the source material. The kid is an innocence and at this time, she is still working on the delusion that all out war can be avoided. Kinslaying is a big no-no in this world and she has kids the same age she wants to protect.
but it's not accurate and not realistic. History is littered with a body of work to support this. just not sitting right is all I'm saying

but it's not accurate and not realistic. History is littered with a body of work to support this. just not sitting right is all I'm saying

And Daemon called her on it.
Even Otto seems reluctant to make the first move and start the war.
Just because it's foolish and short sighted doesn't mean it's not realistic.

Should have just had trial by combat for the throne and avoided it all.
Daemon v. Aemond or Criston (haven't read the source material but assuming this has to happen at some point anyway).

And Daemon called her on it.
Even Otto seems reluctant to make the first move and start the war.
Just because it's foolish and short sighted doesn't mean it's not realistic.

Should have just had trial by combat for the throne and avoided it all.
Daemon v. Aemond or Criston (haven't read the source material but assuming this has to happen at some point anyway).
I'll gladly give you 20 examples for any one you can cite as it's the history of man my friend. I can't think of a single instance in history where the 2 sides didn't murder, maim, kill, etc etc etc kin, and the like

@RutHut agree with that for sure

Reactions: RutHut
I'll gladly give you 20 examples for any one you can cite as it's the history of man my friend. I can't think of a single instance in history where the 2 sides didn't murder, maim, kill, etc etc etc kin, and the like

@RutHut agree with that for sure
This is Westeros, not human history as we know it. :)

This is Westeros, not human history as we know it. :)
well the above poster said it was realistic which of course it's not.

back to my point in that the writing isn't good in this regard and it's unrealistic, even by the standards of the show.

on a side note, watching GOT again and on season 5. Arya really turned bad ass right after she killed sir merin

well the above poster said it was realistic which of course it's not.

back to my point in that the writing isn't good in this regard and it's unrealistic, even by the standards of the show.

on a side note, watching GOT again and on season 5. Arya really turned bad ass right after she killed sir merin
The first 5 seasons of GOT were remarkable. Season 6 was pretty damn good as well. Seasons 7 and 8 were train wrecks of epic proportions. FU Dan and Dave!

Reactions: Postman_1
Some solid sex and violence in E3. Harrenhall scences were good. Meh on the Alicent-Rheynera get together.

Some solid sex and violence in E3. Harrenhall scences were good. Meh on the Alicent-Rheynera get together.
The A and R scene was very important to establish we are beyond the point of no return. So here come the dragons bizatches! Next episode is the Battle of Rook's Rest.

GRRM likes for beginning to season 2, but sounds disappointed with the changes to Blood & Cheese:

Reactions: RUTGERS95
Tonight is gunna be one of those episodes that makes the slower build up episodes worth it. Buckle up folks! The dynamic for each side is about to change drastically after the battle at Rook’s Rest.

Tonight is gunna be one of those episodes that makes the slower build up episodes worth it. Buckle up folks! The dynamic for each side is about to change drastically after the battle at Rook’s Rest.
85f3a48d-e988-459f-9db5-20ad8d13e4b1_text.gif

WOW!
Will post more soon. Just finished the episode.
SPOILER but not really... be forewarned

Haven't quite finished it but there was one part where someone had a surprise on the other side of a castle.. IYKYK.. that did not make sense physically.. from sightlines to relative speeds.. it was just stupid after they spent so much time on large dragon physics

SPOILER but not really... be forewarned

Haven't quite finished it but there was one part where someone had a surprise on the other side of a castle.. IYKYK.. that did not make sense physically.. from sightlines to relative speeds.. it was just stupid after they spent so much time on large dragon physics
Everything made perfect sense to me. You saw you-know-who get up and take off in plenty of time to get to the other side of the castle, while you-know-who #2 was recovering and then started looking for #1 that wasn't there anymore.

Everything made perfect sense to me. You saw you-know-who get up and take off in plenty of time to get to the other side of the castle, while you-know-who #2 was recovering and then started looking for #1 that wasn't there anymore.
I saw it twice.
The episode was 🔥💥🔥

It made sense to me, but not perfect sense. I saw it coming 🐉🐲, but was a little uneasy on how it occurred. But i could see it happening. #2 🐲 should have known better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT