ADVERTISEMENT

OT: I hate this weather

29PAS

Senior
Gold Member
Sep 21, 2001
Currently in the tri-state area. Temps in the upper 40's/low 50's, wind, rain, drizzle, mist, clouds and it's been going on for, what, two weeks? It sucks. Get that low pressure system outta here.

tell me about it, my kid is on the bump today vs heated cross town rival. I want the game in!

Reactions: 29PAS
I think this blocked low pressure trough is suppose to finally move out of here by Sat, should be a nice weekend. It’s been a terrible, depressing 10 or 12 days.

Reactions: 29PAS
Currently in the tri-state area. Temps in the upper 40's/low 50's, wind, rain, drizzle, mist, clouds and it's been going on for, what, two weeks? It sucks. Get that low pressure system outta here.
Miserable…ruining fishing and outdoors activities

Reactions: Ronnie_B
We left last Saturday for Arizona. It's too damn sunny here! 😎 Keep looking at our Ring camera and glad we left.
You're meaner than I am 😜.

To be fair, it was bright and sunny when I first posted itt an hour ago; now it's raining out of the blue - or gray, I suppose.

Still half blue sky, tho, so betting it will be sunny again. I'll just wait 15 minutes.

Reactions: Knight Shift
One of the bigger reasons I’m moving to San Diego this weekend ☀️
In 30 years of living in Southern California, I've never seen a winter and spring as cloudy and rainy as this one. You might have to wait for the warm, dry weather.

NJ will still be in a drought come July-August… It is no different than that state on the left side of the USA California. I’m suffering here in Hawaii … 8:30am overcast … trade winds… sun trying to appear… pool day today then dinner at Duke’s… oh 77 going to 83.

In 30 years of living in Southern California, I've never seen a winter and spring as cloudy and rainy as this one. You might have to wait for the warm, dry weather.
I've heard that a lot the last few weeks. I'll be ready when it comes.

One of the bigger reasons I’m moving to San Diego this weekend ☀️
I lived in Sacramento for 10 years and while the winters could be kind of gloomy, at least there were sort of 4 seasons and from May 1st til the end of October, you knew exactly what the weather was going to be - sunny and warm to hot!

same thing happens every spring and peeps act like its some sort of outlier. For the most part springs suck around here. October is way better than April in general. We had a top 10 warmest April believe it or not. The early few days of warmth fooled everyone much like it does every year and they push the season as almost a cool rain stretch hits us in May.

That being said, hang on help is on the way. While we wont be seeing 80s, we will get back to 70 on Sunday and mid to perhaps upper 70s on Mon into Tuesday before cooling down again into the 60s for a few days. Any sustained warmth looks possible two weeks from now

In So. Bruns. right, sun is out and it’s pouring.

same thing happens every spring and peeps act like its some sort of outlier. For the most part springs suck around here. October is way better than April in general. We had a top 10 warmest April believe it or not. The early few days of warmth fooled everyone much like it does every year and they push the season as almost a cool rain stretch hits us in May.

That being said, hang on help is on the way. While we wont be seeing 80s, we will get back to 70 on Sunday and mid to perhaps upper 70s on Mon into Tuesday before cooling down again into the 60s for a few days. Any sustained warmth looks possible two weeks from now
Those who have been around say 1950-1960’s can attest to weather patterns both good and bad especially in spring . Understand it’s a transitioning month where we had warm February’s - March and snowstorms and cold throughout April into May . If you know anything about this middle Atlantic state it’s that spring and some summers sucked and continue to follow these patterns. What is the temp differential over the past 50 years ? How much of a proven difference. Fact: our Fall season is for the most part the best time to experience beaches outdoor activities and perfect temps. Spring is and always has been a crap shoot.

Reactions: newell138
The worst place for weather and where suicide is more or was an issue? Seattle-Tacoma Washington the armpit of society.

The worst place for weather and where suicide is more or was an issue? Seattle-Tacoma Washington the armpit of society.
Or maybe Hawaii? Since you're supposedly there but still posting complete drivel on the board.

After recent droughts the rain is good - nature in balance on the macro level.
In a few weeks the heatwaves will come and these will be the good ole days lol

Contrary to popular belief suicide rates are highest in spring.
Maybe the bad weather polishes some edges off that.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/news/articles/suicide-rates-spike-in-spring-not-winter
As an aside, NJ as a state consistently has the lowest suicide rate in the country. The western states like Wyoming and Oregon have much higher rates. People are generally happy in NJ.. it's a great place to live despite the cynics and complainers.

Reactions: KevH
Love it cloudy and cool, as I'm outdoors a lot. I'll take 50 and cloudy over 85 and sunny unless I'm at the beach or a party...
Outdoors + warm sun = better.

In mid or late spring, anyway.

Love it cloudy and cool, as I'm outdoors a lot. I'll take 50 and cloudy over 85 and sunny unless I'm at the beach or a party...
If you look closely, you can actually see the Eeyore on the t-shirt in #'s avatar.

😁

Reactions: Knight Shift
You ‘re absolutely NUTS… 83 today … sunny with 20-30 mph trades. In the pool at 10:30 this morning. You should move to Seattle numbers their weather suits you well…ha ha ha. Well to each their own…

Portland waves hello
fsg2: Did you have something to say before deleting your intrusive post ? Nothing like Hawaii weather but first you have to spend a bit of coin , something I’m sure you don’t have. Just funny how you commented in a demeaning way then ran and hid the post. Meow!!!!!!!

If you look closely, you can actually see the Eeyore on the t-shirt in #'s avatar.

😁
lol, no, that's the English Beat. But there is logic to my comment. I play a lot of sports outside and dislike 85F and sunny for two reasons: one is that I'd rather not be all sweaty playing, so 50F and cloudy is perfect for that (but still warm enough for shorts and a t-shirt) and two is that I'm very susceptible to sunburn, so cloudy is better for that. But I'm not a complete Neanderthal - if I'm just hanging out with folks or just plain relaxing, I'll take 85F and sunny.

In the midst of an amazing stretch of weather in southwest Florida — Marco Island/Naples. Can’t imagine it could be better anywhere in the USA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT