ADVERTISEMENT

OT: I might have Covid

Took a test. Waiting on results. Running a 101.5, lost taste and smell, and have a wicked headache. No respiratory issues yet. A slight cough started on the 23rd.
I’m taking Zinc, Vitamin C, D, Quercetin, and melatonin. My doctor is calling in Ivermectin for me in the morning.
Anything else I should be doing?
Just checking in to see how you are doing. I posted earlier but man, you are over 12 pages now. I was told today that I have CV-19. I am over 65 and believe it or not over weight - WHAT! [roll]. My wife has it as well. Her white count is nearly zero as it should provide a baseline for those with some concern. We are both doing well. The doctors figure we made contact on 01 Jan. We are both taking Vitamins B, D, Zinc, and C. Other than that it seems like the regular flu. Fever for 2 days, sore muscles, chills and headaches, but we are rolling alone. The big thing I did was, get more sleep, eat a little more, and increase my water intake. Hope this will give hope to others.

Just checking in to see how you are doing. I posted earlier but man, you are over 12 pages now. I was told today that I have CV-19. I am over 65 and believe it or not over weight - WHAT! [roll]. My wife has it as well. Her white count is nearly zero as it should provide a baseline for those with some concern. We are both doing well. The doctors figure we made contact on 01 Jan. We are both taking Vitamins B, D, Zinc, and C. Other than that it seems like the regular flu. Fever for 2 days, sore muscles, chills and headaches, but we are rolling alone. The big thing I did was, get more sleep, eat a little more, and increase my water intake. Hope this will give hope to others.
best of luck

hope you are both well soon

Good luck! I’m doing better. Still a little congestion, but it feels more like a cold. Taste and smell still not back yet.

Good luck! I’m doing better. Still a little congestion, but it feels more like a cold. Taste and smell still not back yet.
That would be the worst for me. The congestion and cold stuff I could deal with. Not being able to taste gotta suck. Is your taste totally gone? Can you eat something you hate and not hate (taste it at all) it? I got tested again on Christmas Eve because I had a slight sore throat was fatigued and had a slight metallic taste going on. I never expienced that before. I came up negative. I never lost taste though. Hopefully you get it back soon.

Reactions: biker7766 and RUNVA
I did not have any of the taste and smell issues and I will leave my wife cooking aside, since I work from home and that falls on me.

Almost completely over my symptoms. Still a slight cough, maybe a bit of nasal congestion, but much less today then yesterday.

My GF which was tracking my symptoms early, got a slight fever later in the process, and that came with a loss of taste and smell. The fever passed, but still not taste or smell.

That would be the worst for me. The congestion and cold stuff I could deal with. Not being able to taste gotta suck. Is your taste totally gone? Can you eat something you hate and not hate (taste it at all) it? I got tested again on Christmas Eve because I had a slight sore throat was fatigued and had a slight metallic taste going on. I never expienced that before. I came up negative. I never lost taste though. Hopefully you get it back soon.

Taste totally gone. I despise onions. HATE them. Bit into a whole one the other day. Nothing.

Taste totally gone. I despise onions. HATE them. Bit into a whole one the other day. Nothing.
1mJ7.gif

Reactions: goru1869 and Jm0513
Good luck - as I've said to everyone who gets it ask your doctor to see if he/she can get you the Regeneron or Lilly antibody treatment (pushed my son's girlfriend's mom to get this and she did and recovered fairly quickly, although most people do recover, but they were clinically shown to reduce viral loads and hospitalization rates). These mAbs are not being used as much as they could be.

Agree 100% about the mAb. I think it is criminal it is not being produced and pushed more.
Both my parents tested positive. Father is 74 and mother is 71. No symptoms (yet...positive test last Saturday), but my mother has an autoimmune disease which has left her lung capacity very limited (she has oxygen at all times). They tried to get the antibody treatment for her this past week, but were denied as she has no symptoms. If she does have symptoms, I hate to say it, but it will be too late. She is very fragile. My dad should be fine.

Considering they both had positive pcr tests, we assumed they have it...but they got tested at their community and were told an unexpectedly high percentage of people tested at the community tested positive (but fortunately many are asymptomatic). The test was developed by Ridgewood Labs...and we are thinking there might be an issue with the test...but wont know if they actually had it for several weeks when my dad plans to get the antibody test.

I noticed a lot of postings about Congestion. Medical personnel have stated that you should be drinking warm fluids. My Costco carries "Honey Citron & Ginger Tea". You should be able to find it in the coffee and green tea section, it comes in a jar. This has really help my breathing.

Reactions: Jm0513
I noticed a lot of postings about Congestion. Medical personnel have stated that you should be drinking warm fluids. My Costco carries "Honey Citron & Ginger Tea". You should be able to find it in the coffee and green tea section, it comes in a jar. This has really help my breathing.
Just wondering (to those in the thread that got corona'ed), do you know how you got it? I know a few folks that caught it over the past few months and it was crystal clear how/when they did.

Both my parents tested positive. Father is 74 and mother is 71. No symptoms (yet...positive test last Saturday), but my mother has an autoimmune disease which has left her lung capacity very limited (she has oxygen at all times). They tried to get the antibody treatment for her this past week, but were denied as she has no symptoms. If she does have symptoms, I hate to say it, but it will be too late. She is very fragile. My dad should be fine.

Considering they both had positive pcr tests, we assumed they have it...but they got tested at their community and were told an unexpectedly high percentage of people tested at the community tested positive (but fortunately many are asymptomatic). The test was developed by Ridgewood Labs...and we are thinking there might be an issue with the test...but wont know if they actually had it for several weeks when my dad plans to get the antibody test.

At this point...she should lie and say she has symptoms. That’s such bs.

Just wondering (to those in the thread that got corona'ed), do you know how you got it? I know a few folks that caught it over the past few months and it was crystal clear how/when they did.
I have been working from without going out this whole time period. Went to a family function and then I find out that my daughter's mother in law had it and as a result everyone else got it.

Wanted to add two more findings. I was doing a follow up with my doctor yesterday and told her I was doing deep breathing exercises and she was like this is excellent and went on for about 5 minutes of the benefits. She strongly recommended that I continue doing those as it both strengthen and clears the lungs.

She also recommended that I start taking Melatonin. She stated that there was a study done and found that this was a benefit. Not that I am sleeping well as it is. I take one pill 1/2 hour before bed and if I get up during the night and can not get back to sleep i take one more. It does seem to help with breathing.

There are certain tests out there which have high rates of false positives. Is it possible they can get to another testing site and have the test repeated? The most accurate and reliable one is obtained by a swab in the posterior nasopharynx which is accessed via either nostril and is roughly 4 inches from the nostril entrance. Shallow nostrils, back of the throat, saliva tests are either not as reliable as the virus does not present itself in those areas with a high percentage rate and/or can be inaccurate (sometimes with high false positive rates and some false negative rates). It should be a PCR test. I would call and ask the repeat, testing site if it the sample is done via the "posterior nasopharynx" and resulted with "PCR" testing. The keys to your post might possibly be the higher than expected positive reading rate from their community testing site and that many are asymptomatic.

Reactions: Greg2020
Wanted to add two more findings. I was doing a follow up with my doctor yesterday and told her I was doing deep breathing exercises and she was like this is excellent and went on for about 5 minutes of the benefits. She strongly recommended that I continue doing those as it both strengthen and clears the lungs.

She also recommended that I start taking Melatonin. She stated that there was a study done and found that this was a benefit. Not that I am sleeping well as it is. I take one pill 1/2 hour before bed and if I get up during the night and can not get back to sleep i take one more. It does seem to help with breathing.

She’s right about Melatonin. While I don’t think there’s enough research yet to prove the benefits, there has been some correlation studies, similar to Vitamin D. Doesn’t hurt though, there is no harm in it and you might sleep better.

She’s right about Melatonin. While I don’t think there’s enough research yet to prove the benefits, there has been some correlation studies, similar to Vitamin D. Doesn’t hurt though, there is no harm in it and you might sleep better.
You are right about that. I am taking Vit D, a Multi (That has Zinc), and Vit C, and Fish Oil.

Reactions: Greg2020
Quick interesting update from my questions and comments last week. I had COVID (as did family) and we all tested positive- yet only some tested positive a few weeks later for antibodies.

I retested my antibodies yesterday- and I now did test POSITIVE for antibodies.

I was very confused why I hadn’t. Confusion over.
Thanks for all the advice and input!

Reactions: Postman_1
OK, wanted to give an update and a little background on the timeline. Today I am feeling totally normal. I was exposed on 01 Jan and felt some symptoms on 03 Jan. Had a little fever on 06 Jan. Called the medical people and they scheduled a test on 08 Jan, as that was 7 days from contact. Had the Chills and was fatigue 09 - 14 Jan, today good as new.

I just tested positive a couple hours ago. I remember i had a temperature last fri/sat. Got tested tuesday but didn't start having loss of taste until wed evening when i couldn't taste my gatorade smh. Wondering how long this process takes for getting back to normal. My body has some aches for sure. I originally though i was coming down with a sinus infection last weekend....

I just tested positive a couple hours ago. I remember i had a temperature last fri/sat. Got tested tuesday but didn't start having loss of taste until wed evening when i couldn't taste my gatorade smh. Wondering how long this process takes for getting back to normal. My body has some aches for sure. I originally though i was coming down with a sinus infection last weekend....
Take a look at my post above your's. I have a timeline. Do some deep breathing exercises (cough that crap up), Vitamins - C, D, Multi with Zinc and I took Melatonin.

Here is from my post earlier:

Hope this helps.

One other thing, Baby Aspirin as blood clotting is also related to this.

My buddy has similar symptoms like you. He had a few aches for about 2-3 days. He thought he was sore from the gym. His loss of tast was for about 5-6 days. He felt fine after the aches and still exercised at home. I do know the lost of taste can linger though. My one friend has imparied taste since the summer. Hope your better soon

• Sad
Reactions: Jm0513 and miket007
OK, wanted to give an update and a little background on the timeline. Today I am feeling totally normal. I was exposed on 01 Jan and felt some symptoms on 03 Jan. Had a little fever on 06 Jan. Called the medical people and they scheduled a test on 08 Jan, as that was 7 days from contact. Had the Chills and was fatigue 09 - 14 Jan, today good as new.

I just saw this and I'm glad you are feeling better. Your progression was very typical. I wouldn't be surprised if you still have a little lingering fatigue and possibly some "foggy" brain from time to time.

Hopefully you are mostly recovered by now. Did you get your taste back yet?

Reactions: miket007
Best of luck scarlet knight!

I just saw this and I'm glad you are feeling better. Your progression was very typical. I wouldn't be surprised if you still have a little lingering fatigue and possibly some "foggy" brain from time to time.

Hopefully you are mostly recovered by now. Did you get your taste back yet?
Thank you sir! I'm still down with no energy or taste/smell. An headache will come to me every now & then. Still mostly only eating 1-2 times a day. My wife caught it from me 2-3 days after i originally caught it and she's really hurting the past couple days.

Thank you sir! I'm still down with no energy or taste/smell. An headache will come to me every now & then. Still mostly only eating 1-2 times a day. My wife caught it from me 2-3 days after i originally caught it and she's really hurting the past couple days.
Hope you both get well soon

You are welcome. For the most part, the lingering effects should dissipate over time for you. Keep an eye on the wife. Especially in the 7ish to 10ish day range after symptoms began.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT