ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Ketchup or Mustard

Speaking of fries; anybody ever see somebody put some kind of vinegar on them? I saw it just last week.
You need to spend some time with one of these:
fries.png

Reactions: Caliknight
IIceland had an interesting sauce as well...
Nice.

I thought I was the only one here who had one of these awesome dogs. From what I remember, the sauce was some kind of mixture of different onions and mustards. Two different squirts and then sprinkled with some other stuff. Delicious. But I might have been delusional. It was probably 2am but still kinda light out. I actually never new what time it was my entire time there. 4 in the morning? Noon? What's the difference, it all looks the same.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
Chill out Spank. Fun thread with funny responses. Maybe cut back on ketchup. It seems to be bothering you.
My ketchup intake is none of your business! I can choose to stop utilizing ketchup as a condiment any time I damn well please. And it is not up to you to recommend whether I should use it or not, or whether I should replace it with some other inferior condiment. Heck, you named your dog after the color of ketchup, so I don't see what you have against it.

My ketchup intake is none of your business! I can choose to stop utilizing ketchup as a condiment any time I damn well please. And it is not up to you to recommend whether I should use it or not, or whether I should replace it with some other inferior condiment. Heck, you named your dog after the color of ketchup, so I don't see what you have against it.
I would never put my dog on a hot dog. If i had a dog named Mustard that might be different. And I will never name a dog Chili. There are terrible possibilities with that name.

Vinegar and fries are one of those things that you wouldn't think go together but do. They have to be the right fries and vinegar though.

Like melon and salt. Yum.

The following are the only acceptable uses of ketchup:

Fries
Hamburger
Cheesesteak
Home fries
Scrapple or breakfast sausage
Meat loaf

My first reaction to this thread: who over the age of 12 puts ketchup on a hot dog? Ketchup has a time and a place (with burgers and fries, for instance) but doesn't belong on a hot dog.

Has to be Spicy Brown mustard. Never ever ever use Yellow mustard.
I agree Spicy Brown >>>> Yellow but I will use Yellow on my dogs if it is the only option available.

My first reaction to this thread: who over the age of 12 puts ketchup on a hot dog? Ketchup has a time and a place (with burgers and fries, for instance) but doesn't belong on a hot dog.

I agree Spicy Brown >>>> Yellow but I will use Yellow on my dogs if it is the only option available.

yes, any mustard will do - even an intense honey mustard for pretzel dipping ............

but real mustard fans will confess to eating these coarse ground / stone ground versions straight out of the jar with a spoon when nobody is looking!

- and if they stare at these pictures long enough - - they will start to salivate .....

34cd8e7e-3d23-4f19-b9a8-953f2011c8d8_1.a1cf0d14aa0b3059dda36f9c28ac4a50.jpeg
Moutarde_de_Meaux_Pommery_P073015.jpg

I guess I'm un-American. Ketchup, tomato and pickle on a burger. Ketchup, fried onions, and peppers on a cheese steak. Ketchup on fries. And ketchup and chili, if available on a hot dog.

There are so many kinds of mustard, you can find one for almost anything. Ketchup has one purpose -- to disguise bad fries.

Yes, I even put mustard on Taylor pork roll ham, no matter what kind of a roll it's on.

Good topic.

Ketchup on burgers, unless you're going super high end (ie, black label burger). In that case you eat how they serve it to you.

Fries need ketchup. End of story.

Ketchup is essential to the pork roll, egg, and cheese. Salt, pepper, ketchup... yes please.

I also do ketchup on eggs and home fries at the diner. Never thought it was that weird until someone said, dude, that's weird. My wife does ketchup on diner grilled cheese. Still not sure what I see in her.

Mustard on hot dogs, every time. Spicey brown, none of that yellow crap. Same goes for soft pretzels. Dijon is good on sangwiches.

Here's a curve ball, mayo on a cheesesteak. With lettuce and tomato. Grease truck style, aka California Cheese Steak. Really good. Otherwise mayo only as an ingredient in potato salad, cole slaw, egg salad.

Bonus sauce, chili garlic sauce (the kind from the Asian section, jar with the green lid) is dope af on pizza.

Last edited:
I will always put ketchup (heinz only) spicy mustard (yelllow if that's all there is) and sauerkraut on a hot dog. Unless, of course, it's a chili dog (regular or skyline) I don't care what anyone says.
Usual condiment go-to's on burgers; ketchup, spicy mustard, pickle, tomato and lettuce. Occasionally a little mayo (Hellman's only)

Food is such a personal thing, for people to have a conniption over what someone else does is pretty funny.

mustard and ketchup on hamburgers and hot dogs

ketchup on the side for fries

ketchup on the side for eggs

ketchup all over meat loaf

mustard for pretzels

mustard for any deli sandwich except roast beef which gets mayo

Reactions: RUChoppin
Most of you guys are nuts.

Mustard blows - any kind of mustard.
It looks like diarrhea!

Ketchup rules (and yes, I am over 12).

Ketchup on burgers
Ketchup on french fries
Ketchup on hot dogs!!

Ketchup - AKA, American sauce

Has anyone heard of the Ketchup Advisory Board?
Know where that reference comes from?

plenty of us do

Reactions: RUonBrain
I hate anyone who says Spicy Brown
I hate anyone who uses mustard
repeal Obamacare
Trump colluded
There is no god
on my deathbed, I will receive total consciousness, so I got that going for me, which is nice

Hate ketchup on hot dogs, but I put it on my pork roll egg and cheese sandwich

Ketchup and brown mustard on baked beans together is quite good

Onions sautéed in butter, bbq sauce, and mustard are the bomb on hot dogs (try it at your next tailgate)

Malt vinegar and salt on fries is awesome (traditional fish and chips AND Jersey Boardwalk tradition)

Belgium frites with mayo (various flavors) served in paper cones are great

The famous Gallaghers Steak House steak sauce is primarily Heinze Ketchup and Guldens Brown Mustard 3:1 ratio. Dash of Worcestershire and Tabasco. My father loved that combination.

I feel obliged to post in this thread. I actually prefer mustard on most things. But the grease trucks guys yelling out my screen name was the inspiration behind it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT