ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NCAA College Football Games Thread 8/29-9/2 Thurs-Mon

Only watching the VT Vandy game on the periphery but don’t notice anything special about them yet. Down 3-0 to Vandy and they have 1 TO.

Vandy driving in the redzone currently

Clemson UGA starting to look like it might be the low scoring slobberknocker from a couple years ago. Defenses have been stout so far and tackling well. I can see UGA’s defense locking up Clemson because they haven’t been as good on offense of late but holding UGA’s offense is impressive the way they’ve been playing on offense in recent years.

I’ll say it again VT is getting way too much respect for beating an easy schedule down the stretch. They look the same as they did last year. The ACC is easy
I was surprised by them being a popular sleeper pick. I was thinking what the heck has changed. Bowl team and what not, sure but ACC champ etc…I didn’t expect that kind of talk.

Reactions: koleszar
I said it before back during the summer. VT is mostly hype based of Drones play within the weak ACC.
Agreed. Also people don’t realize he was relatively new to the scene and now teams have a whole year of tape to study. Frankly… I think us having his first game was more a disadvantage for us than advantage. We really did’t have much to watch at that point.

PSU up 13-0…Allar looked better on that TD drive. 4th down conversion as well.

UGA sneaks a FG in to go up 6-0

UGA 6-0 on Clemson
PSU 13-3 on WVU
Vandy 17-3 on VT
Iowa 6-0 on Illinois St
Maryland 20-0 on UConn

🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: Rutgers Chris
This level of ineptitude against Illinois State has to be concerning. What the hell were they practicing?
IIRC they struggled with SDSU Jackrabbits last year too, mind you they’re probably a better team than Illinois St but new QB and new OC you’d think things might change but so far I guess not.

A favorable spot by the refs for a first down that held up on review nets WVU a FG…13-6 PSU

PSU gets an explosive play though to get in the redzone..63yds…PSU gets some help this time from the refs, getting away with a push off.

PSU converts with a 18yd TD with 6 secs left…3 plays 81yds…20-6

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT