ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Netflix Shows

If you liked “making a murderer” check out “evil genius”. I don’t remember the event but apparently it was national news in 2003. A guy with a bomb strapped to him robs a bank in Erie PA. Turns out he was forced to do it & the bomb goes off in the parking lot while TV cameras were rolling. Wild stuff and I had to rewatch it a second time.

“Disjointed” if you like stoner type shows. It’s a sitcom set in a CA weed dispensary.

Trailer Park Boys. If you like dumbass shows that will keep you laughing.

I don't think I did JJ2 or LC2 yet.. hmm.. I do like these shows... though Iron Fist is a little weird.. though they do make fun of it in the other shows.. there is a bit of crossover between them all.. with Defenders bringing together the 4 previous title characters.

As others have suggested.. Longmire, Peaky Blinder, Ozark, Stranger Things, Narcos.. all very good. I liked House of Cards as well.. but later seasons kinda slipped.. and with the scandal.. not sure I could watch it and enjoy it the same way. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is light and funny.. Orange is the New Black.. enjoyable for a few seasons. Altered Carbon has promise.

If you like CBS's Elementary, it is based on the BBC's Sherlock.. and I think Sherlock is superior and you can see it on Netflix.

Iron Fist is the one weak link for me - it was really kinda poor. And he was the weakest part of the Defenders, too. Really don't need a second season of that.

JJ2 was good. LC2 just came out today, and haven't watched it yet.

Season 2 was a bummer in terms of the kids you were rooting for and not rooting for, wasn’t it?
I took a break season two. Was watching it with my 3rd grade son and it started Getting iffy.

Bloodline I thought was very good.

Lots of familiar faces in this series.

Reactions: DirtyRU
YouTube video which talks about all the new stuff on Netflix...

“Narcos” can be violent but it’s a good look at the olumbian cocaine cartels. Also really enjoyed “Longmire” a contemporary Wyoming sheriff and his adventures with bad guys, cowboys and Indians.

“Better Call Saul” too.

Iron Fist is the one weak link for me - it was really kinda poor. And he was the weakest part of the Defenders, too. Really don't need a second season of that.

JJ2 was good. LC2 just came out today, and haven't watched it yet.
Rainy day.. binge of Iron Fist season 2.. its pretty good.. if you like the whole Marvel thing. Better than Season 1 by a long shot.. different.

You still have those weird moments of far east ancient wisdom crap.. but the show is not all about "Danny" and his righteousness now.. worth a look imho.. in particular a certain female character named Mary Walker.. she's a hoot.

I thought the new “Jack Ryan” on Amazon wasn’t bad.
I think I saw 3 of those so far.. good.. better than IronFist S2... but with the superhero stuff you know what you are getting.. there's a scale of good/bad within the Marvel shows that Iron Fist S1 did not fare well.

Last edited:
Ozark is good but it is so farfetched.
I agree but most of the shows are far fetched when they go for more than 1-2 season.

Narcos was great.
Strange things was great.
Ozark is good.
Luke Cage was good.
Defenders was good.
Iron Fist so so
Orange is the new Black is ok

Bloodline and Peaky Blinder next.

I have also picked up on "Outcasts" on Cinemax.. I think it was created by the Walking Dead author..

SPOILER BELOW
highlight next line to see spoiler
I think its a ripoff of "Body Snatchers" with a Devil theme... Season 2 is airing now.

Cinemax has an app that, if you have cable with "Cinemax GO" app, you can use the app to catch up for free.. otherwise you ave to buy the season/episodes someplace...

Filmed in South Carolina including some local actors there.. it seems to have some things in common with Walking Dead.. but at some point I wondered if he just wanted to make a series that didn't need so much makeup.

TURN was a great series. Centeted around a Revolutionary War spy ring. It's mostly a true story.

Narcos
Sherlock
House of Cards
Luther
Last Chance U
Dexter
Seven Seconds
Stranger Things

Rainy day.. binge of Iron Fist season 2.. its pretty good.. if you like the whole Marvel thing. Better than Season 1 by a long shot.. different.

You still have those weird moments of far east ancient wisdom crap.. but the show is not all about "Danny" and his righteousness now.. worth a look imho.. in particular a certain female character named Mary Walker.. she's a hoot.

Will definitely check it out. I've been hearing good things. It's possible it was just showrunner Scott Buck who was the problem (he did both Iron Fist and Inhumans, which were both awful). I really liked Luke Cage Season 2, btw - better than the first season.

I watched it with subtitles.

I recommend Dark. Make sure you turn off the dubbing though and use subtitles. It can get confusing with many characters and seeing the characters at different ages. I thought it was excellent
Another vote for Dark. I'm 8 episodes in and prefer the dubbing. First couple of episodes were slow but then it got good.

Watch the Netflix original movie ROMA. It was just released in late November and will win a ton of awards.

IMO Ozark is the best show on Netflix. Jason Bateman is great in it.

Was waiting for someone to say this. Good show quite in line with many of the others listed.

Not sure I have any new ones to add, but I'll throw an extra vote for Narcos, House of Cards, Lillyhammer, and Better Call Saul. Breaking Bad of course also great if you didn't see it on its first run.

I liked the first season or two of Orange is the New Black but found it absolutely brutal after that and bailed somewhere in season three. It just felt tedious and redundant.

Was waiting for someone to say this. Good show quite in line with many of the others listed.

Not sure I have any new ones to add, but I'll throw an extra vote for Narcos, House of Cards, Lillyhammer, and Better Call Saul. Breaking Bad of course also great if you didn't see it on its first run.

I liked the first season or two of Orange is the New Black but found it absolutely brutal after that and bailed somewhere in season three. It just felt tedious and redundant.
Black Mirror, Sabrina the Witch,
Shameless, The Sinner, The Flash, Stranger Things, American Horror Story( if you don't watch on FX) wait is this on Netflix originals? Lol I only read your portion not the whole thread.

If you’ve got small boys (6-9) or was a fan of the original, I highly recommend:

I just finished The Last Kingdom. It was really good. Good way to kill time until Game of Thrones is on again.

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
Black Mirror, Sabrina the Witch,
Shameless, The Sinner, The Flash, Stranger Things, American Horror Story( if you don't watch on FX) wait is this on Netflix originals? Lol I only read your portion not the whole thread.

And here I thought you didn't like me :p

Think he was just looking for anything on Netflix.

Is "The Sinner" on Netflix? If it's what I'm thinking, looked interesting. Will have to watch if Netflix has it.

Good call on Black Mirror and Shameless, forgot about those two.

And here I thought you didn't like me :p

Think he was just looking for anything on Netflix.

Is "The Sinner" on Netflix? If it's what I'm thinking, looked interesting. Will have to watch if Netflix has it.

Good call on Black Mirror and Shameless, forgot about those two.
Sinner is now out on Netflix (was originally on USA.) Jessica Biel is the actress in that. Who said I liked you?[roll] jk

Reactions: fsg2
While not Netflix.. if you know somoen who gets EPIX at home and would lend you their cable TV account and pwd.. like a relative.. you can use the EPIX app and stream a couple good shows..

Get Shorty
Berlin Station
"Deep State" looks interesting as well but I have not binged that enough to know for sure.

On Amazon Prime I have liked (most mentioned previously)

Patriot (this is quirky and funny and dark.. don't want to give away too much.. but the main character does some messed up things.. for his country.. then blows off steam, occasionally, singing folk tunes about what he has done.. the lyrics are so hilarious)
Tin Star (dark and darker.. beautiful Canadian rockies scenery)
Jack Ryan
Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
Homecoming
Man in High Castle
Sneaky Pete
Goliath (for the first season.. 2nd was a bit off)

just noticed prime has "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels" in the free movies.. if you are a youngster who has never seen it.. it is a must

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT