ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New York Mets 2020-2021 Off Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tico brown

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Oct 16, 2005
Unfortunately another year was wasted on rooting for the New York Mets but for some reason, real Mets fans are still around, even while dodging Neanderthal Crap flung at us by the usual suspects. Heres hoping for a different offseason with new owners, new rules, new attitudes, although I wont believe any of this until I see the press conference. Also, heres hoping that the Mets offseason thread will start in mid November starting in 2021.

#LGM

Reactions: Greg2020
Hopefully the Mets trolls in the Yankee thread come over here. There is a lot to talk about the Mets future with all the changes. But I'm going to guess they won't.
Anyway Manfried said they won't wait until the owners meeting to vote on the approval. Loved his line " the sooner, the better" Even the Commissioner is tired of Mets ownership.

Hopefully the Mets trolls in the Yankee thread come over here. There is a lot to talk about the Mets future with all the changes. But I'm going to guess they won't.
Anyway Manfried said they won't wait until the owners meeting to vote on the approval. Loved his line " the sooner, the better" Even the Commissioner is tired of Mets ownership.
Here, here. Heck of a job by the Yankees against Cleveland.

Dont include me among Mets Trolls. I havent been in that Yankee thread in months and other than wishing the Yanks a good season, I could care less. Unfortunately crap is flung from both sides and is why it lingers too damm long.

Mets ownership should've been taken care of same way they got rid of the McCourts. Look how much the Dodgers have prospered since new ownership. But the Wilpons have teflon lives with Selig and Manfred. But like I said, I wont believe anything until I see that news conference. Sooo...

I feel like we should have started the offseason thread once the Cohen vote happens for two reasons. First it would just feel better when the Wilpon stench is gone but second if Cohen isn't voted in at this point I think I will be pretty much done with the Mets.

Epstein would be a slam dunk! Please let this happen.
Cannot imagine Epstein taking a demotion, which is what reporting to Alderson would be.

Cohen has already cast the die. Alderson is the man. The GM will be Alderson's assistant, responsible for the heavy lifting but not the decision making. The job will be attractive to a hot up and comer, but not to anyone who's already reached the pinnacle of the profession.

Good point. Would be wise to get that up and come from the Tampa, San Diego, Minnesota Oakland, and other orgs who knows how to build a whole system from the ground up to help Alderson.

There has of course been no shortage of candidate lists for a BVW successor. I have linked the best one I have seen so far. I'm gonna predict that Cohen/Alderson make history with choice #4.

There has of course been no shortage of candidate lists for a BVW successor. I have linked the best one I have seen so far. I'm gonna predict that Cohen/Alderson make history with choice #4.

To save 10,000 clicks:
Theo Epstein is currently the President and GM of the Chicago Cubs;

Mike Chernoff: The New Jersey native is currently the General Manager of the Cleveland Indians;

Erik Neander currently the General Manager and Senior Vice President of baseball operations of the Tampa Bay Rays--an upstate NY native;

Bobby Heck is currently a special assistant to the GM with the Tampa Bay Rays;

Kim Ng is a highly regarded executive within Major League Baseball’s offices. She is currently the Senior Vice President of baseball operations in the Commissioner’s office;

Paul DePodesta;

Billy Owens. He is currently an assistant general manager and the director of player personnel with the Oakland Athletics;

David Stearns

Reactions: Zak57
Fun Fact about Paul DePodesta, former Alderson lieutenant and current GM candidate:

In 2012 the Mets needed a backup catcher and acquired Kelly Shoppach from the Red Sox. In return, Red Sox wanted a midlevel Class A pitching prospect. Alderson was in agreement, but DePodesta talked him out of it. The Red Sox agreed to take Pedro Beato instead.

The pitching prospect who would have been traded, absent DePodesta's intervention, was Jacob deGrom.

Alderson should hire DePodesta just as payback for that.

Cannot imagine Epstein taking a demotion, which is what reporting to Alderson would be.

Cohen has already cast the die. Alderson is the man. The GM will be Alderson's assistant, responsible for the heavy lifting but not the decision making. The job will be attractive to a hot up and comer, but not to anyone who's already reached the pinnacle of the profession.
Epstein is going to Philly. Sudden resignation of their GM.

The most important thing for the Mets in the off season is something over which they have no control:The Presidential Election.

The Mets badly need Trump to win,as they are 0-19 for .500 or better seasons during the first term of a Democratic President,including three stunning reversals of fortune in 1977,1993,and 2009.

Across Flushing Bay,the Yankees are pulling for Biden as they are 20-3 in the World Series-19-1 when not facing the Cardinals-when the Democrats are in charge as opposed to being 7-10 when Republicans hold sway-and not winning a series since 1958.

Dont include me among Mets Trolls. I havent been in that Yankee thread in months and other than wishing the Yanks a good season, I could care less. Unfortunately crap is flung from both sides and is why it lingers too damm long.

Mets ownership should've been taken care of same way they got rid of the McCourts. Look how much the Dodgers have prospered since new ownership. But the Wilpons have teflon lives with Selig and Manfred. But like I said, I wont believe anything until I see that news conference. Sooo...
Baseball can’t just take away a franchise. McCourts list theirs because they couldn’t meet payroll. Donald Sterling was ousted for being rascist. You can’t remove owners just for running team poorly.

Love the fact the Mets offseason thread has started while the Yankees season thread is still going strong. Happens every year. Didn’t every team with a pulse make the playoffs this year.
#LolMets

Reactions: fsg2 and Kbee3
Love the fact the Mets offseason thread has started while the Yankees season thread is still going strong. Happens every year. Didn’t every team with a pulse make the playoffs this year.
#LolMets
superdouche cannot control himself.
I bet you didn't know that superfan01 in the off season is an Eagles fan, lol.

#LolMets
Not even sure why this post even riles anyone up. Piss poor troll attempt when we all agree and so f-I got happy we start to have a chance again with possible new leadership. I almost feel like I would if a Cuse fan came on and told me that Rutgers sucked with Ash as HC...
SuperD needs to do better.

Darnaud with a clutch 3-run home run.
Li'l D did not have a Li'l day. He had a big f'n day.

That said, there's a lot a revisionist history in Metsville surrounding d'Arnaud. When he was released in early 2019, no tears were shed, on this board or anywhere else.

Li'l D did not have a Li'l day. He had a big f'n day.

That said, there's a lot a revisionist history in Metsville surrounding d'Arnaud. When he was released in early 2019, no tears were shed, on this board or anywhere else.
Exactly...just like no Yankee is crying over Sonny Gray. Guy has been an Ace since they traded him but it was the right move at the time.

d’Arnaud drop creeps ahead of Kelenic for biggest tomfoolery move of BVW tenure :flush:

d’Arnaud drop creeps ahead of Kelenic for biggest tomfoolery move of BVW tenure :flush:
You know damm well no one was going to miss him when he left NY. Glad hes done well elsewhere but just never clicked here.

You know damm well no one was going to miss him when he left NY. Glad hes done well elsewhere but just never clicked here.

I watched him launch a HR live in G3 in 2015. That clicked just fine with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT