ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New York Mets 2023-2024 Off Season Thread

It wasn't just a first year expansion team. It was a second team starting up in Yankees territory....the worst team anyone had ever seen. And their fans were even worse.
It's been downhill since then.
BTW, I've been a Yankees fan since before there even were Mets.
Of course it had nothing to do with your as$hole comments to get them going, lol. Yea a 40 win Mets expansion season in 1962 must have had you waxing Little kbee big time.Must have been well deserved payback a mere 7 years later. PS. Troll count at #22.

Reactions: RAHWAYBOB
Lol. Just put people on ignore. You're a known mod whiner and you're not even a paying member. We all remember the embarrassment when you cried to John O a few years ago to get a poster banned. Just grow up and put people on ignore if you don't like what they say.
I had been a paying member for 18 years until I allowed it to expire this year because it has been tiring that Mods don't control some of the posters like yourself. There have been 2 time I have been accused of getting someone banned. First time- yes, I made a complaint to John O because a poster I knew, that at one time, I shared both my personal and work email with to assist him in looking for a new job, started abusing both my personal and WORK email with Rutgers board attacks. I had asked the poster to stop emailing me at work and it didn't stop- so yes, I reported it. And yet, that did not get the poster banned. He got a warning and he did stop but shortly after- John O got another handful of members coming to him with similar complaints. and he got banned. We have both been good ever since.
The 2nd time was when a certain 3 amigo in some different thread was making personal attacks at players and I brought to the attention of a mod to please remove the post. They did and they warned said poster but did not ban him. He then went on a rank and started a thread with some crazy subject like "Ban me please" and he had at least 20 posts in it asking mods to ban him- and they did. He came back after and tried to blame it on me.

So- if you want to wet your panties- get some facts straight. I have never hid and never have a reason. I am an open book.
Now- the day you bring anything to any thread that is either informative or just good discussion and conversation, it would be the first. You have your 2 buddies that give you likes when you trol on here but funny enough, they never seem to like any football post you ever make. haha

Reactions: RUfinally2008
Honestly, I want the O's to win it all since they've shown the way as a team that stayed away from expensive signings and built through the farm and not missing on many high draft picks. With that said, the AL Least is sitting at 0-5. Very ugly but it could turn around in a heartbeat with this young exciting O's team.

I had been a paying member for 18 years until I allowed it to expire this year because it has been tiring that Mods don't control some of the posters like yourself. There have been 2 time I have been accused of getting someone banned. First time- yes, I made a complaint to John O because a poster I knew, that at one time, I shared both my personal and work email with to assist him in looking for a new job, started abusing both my personal and WORK email with Rutgers board attacks. I had asked the poster to stop emailing me at work and it didn't stop- so yes, I reported it. And yet, that did not get the poster banned. He got a warning and he did stop but shortly after- John O got another handful of members coming to him with similar complaints. and he got banned. We have both been good ever since.
The 2nd time was when a certain 3 amigo in some different thread was making personal attacks at players and I brought to the attention of a mod to please remove the post. They did and they warned said poster but did not ban him. He then went on a rank and started a thread with some crazy subject like "Ban me please" and he had at least 20 posts in it asking mods to ban him- and they did. He came back after and tried to blame it on me.

So- if you want to wet your panties- get some facts straight. I have never hid and never have a reason. I am an open book.
Now- the day you bring anything to any thread that is either informative or just good discussion and conversation, it would be the first. You have your 2 buddies that give you likes when you trol on here but funny enough, they never seem to like any football post you ever make. haha
Why bother, they just don't get it. Oh, to the douche who thinks I can't count after I run out of fingers and toes, I'm up to 22. 😁 PS. It's nice to see you do read the Mets thread after saying why would you ever be interested in reading anything in a Mets thread.🚌

NO EXCUSE
The diamondbacks are going to NLCS

Spend spend spend ,eventually you’ll get one in the end

Has anyone seen Acuna and Olson they have been nonexistent during this series. Also, who is Arcia to talk trash Harper.

Has anyone seen Acuna and Olson they have been nonexistent during this series. Also, who is Arcia to talk trash Harper.
Acuna did double and score in the third last night to give the Braves a *very* brief lead. But he's certainly not performing like a possible MVP. I don't think Mookie Betts did either for the Dodgers.

Acuna did double and score in the third last night to give the Braves a *very* brief lead. But he's certainly not performing like a possible MVP. I don't think Mookie Betts did either for the Dodgers.
Did the Braves change something in their "nutrition and or workout" that changed them from hitting more HR's then everyone else in MLB by 60+?

So- what do you guys think in regard to Alonso- hiring Boras tells me he is going to hold until FA comes around. But if you are the Met's do you make a huge offer now regardless? If me, I make him the biggest contract for a 1B ever now. That way- even if he turns it down- there are no hard feelings. If he has a shitty year, maybe you play tough then but if he does a Judge, then you at least showed a great amount of goodwill in making that early offer.

He is legit- the one Met player over how many years past, that you have to make a full career Met.

So- what do you guys think in regard to Alonso- hiring Boras tells me he is going to hold until FA comes around. But if you are the Met's do you make a huge offer now regardless? If me, I make him the biggest contract for a 1B ever now. That way- even if he turns it down- there are no hard feelings. If he has a shitty year, maybe you play tough then but if he does a Judge, then you at least showed a great amount of goodwill in making that early offer.

He is legit- the one Met player over how many years past, that you have to make a full career Met.
When Cohen first got here, he was determined to lock up Lindor before Lindor got to free agency. He overpaid.

I don't think Cohen will ever feel compelled to do that again. I think he is now very comfortable to let a player reach free agency. If Cohen/Stearns (probably vice versa) decide at that time that they want to keep the player, Cohen is very confident in his ability to do so.

Some have speculated that Alonso will either be extended or traded. I think the answer is neither.

When Cohen first got here, he was determined to lock up Lindor before Lindor got to free agency. He overpaid.

I don't think Cohen will ever feel compelled to do that again. I think he is now very comfortable to let a player reach free agency. If Cohen/Stearns (probably vice versa) decide at that time that they want to keep the player, Cohen is very confident in his ability to do so.

Some have speculated that Alonso will either be extended or traded. I think the answer is neither.
Don't you think that Cohen may look at the Lindor signing and at this point, be ok with it. Guy plays every game, every inning, elite glove, elite bat, runs the bases and just a great ambassador after a rough start.

Reactions: Unionst
Lindor is a gamer, I will certainly give him that. I still expect nothing come October from him, but we shall have to wait and see.

If only we get the chance to find out. lol But during the last 2 seasons, worth every penny
Cohen overpaid for Lindor, in terms of what Cohen perceived the free agent market for that SS class to be, relative to what it actually was. Had Cohen waited for Lindor to hit free agency, I do believe he could have been signed to a more team friendly deal.

And I think Cohen knows that. He hasn't pushed hard for an early extension since.

Cohen overpaid for Lindor, in terms of what Cohen perceived the free agent market for that SS class to be, relative to what it actually was. Had Cohen waited for Lindor to hit free agency, I do believe he could have been signed to a more team friendly deal.

And I think Cohen knows that. He hasn't pushed hard for an early extension since.
Two thoughts, first on Lindor- if this guy is still playing at this level 3-5 years from now- many other players would have caught up and passed him. The thought process may change.
Next- Alonso…let’s say we do let it go to FA. You still need to show love before hand. If they do a low ball and then make it public, that would be a huge mistake. Don’t make him a Freeman type offer. Freeman may be much better but he was much older. And the Braves have already had their lifelong franchise players in multiple generations- so that didn’t factor in either.

Alonso could be the guy who gets Seaver type love when it is all over.

Two thoughts, first on Lindor- if this guy is still playing at this level 3-5 years from now- many other players would have caught up and passed him. The thought process may change.
Next- Alonso…let’s say we do let it go to FA. You still need to show love before hand. If they do a low ball and then make it public, that would be a huge mistake. Don’t make him a Freeman type offer. Freeman may be much better but he was much older. And the Braves have already had their lifelong franchise players in multiple generations- so that didn’t factor in either.

He'll be the Mets 1st and probably only 500 HR hitter in my lifetime. Been a Mets fan fan for 61 years, and I'm pretty sure I don't have another 61 years to wait around for another Polar Bear!!!!

Reactions: shields

To add to both points- sign Alonso to a long deal. He will have 500+ HR as a Met.
Lindor- most likely shares every offensive record on the Mets between him, Alonso and Wright

He'll be our 1st and probably only 500 HR hitter in my lifetime. Been a Mets fan fan for 61 years, and I'm pretty sure I don't have another 61 years to wait around for another Polar Bear!!!!
I believe I posted it somewhere earlier. Less than 10 teams in history gave a guy that hit 500 HR’s for them

Want to share with all of you why I’ve been vomiting on myself tonight.

Mets scored 13 earned runs in 10 innings vs Gallen and Kelly on back to back nights in Sept.

These teams suck and the Phillies are pounding average pitching , not their fault your pitchers suck

Mets scored 13 earned runs in 10 innings vs Gallen and Kelly on back to back nights in Sept.

These teams suck and the Phillies are pounding average pitching , not their fault your pitchers suck
Well, thanks for sharing, I guess?

Reactions: nutfromSEC117

I'm not sure what you are even saying?

Watching crappy average at best teams in playoffs
Teams game one and two starters are nobodies

Mets couldn’t have taken a bigger dump in a bigger bed this year. Winter full of rumored trades , rumored signings. Pete yes, Pete no . Ohtani, oh no tani .

Just frustrating. 37 years, headed to 38th year of disappointment

Good knight. I’m going to watch DVR of MSU 4th quarter again to make myself feel better

LFGM

Watching crappy average at best teams in playoffs
Teams game one and two starters are nobodies

Mets couldn’t have taken a bigger dump in a bigger bed this year. Winter full of rumored trades , rumored signings. Pete yes, Pete no . Ohtani, oh no tani .

Just frustrating. 37 years, headed to 38th year of disappointment

Good knight. I’m going to watch DVR of MSU 4th quarter again to make myself feel better

LFGM
Goes to show you how much Eppler f'd the team with certain moves or lack of other moves. He might be worst then BVW as a GM.

Andy Martino posted an update on the Mets managerial search. The update is that there is no update. Nothing visible is happening.

Which means either that they're waiting on a GM, or they're waiting on Counsell, who becomes available at the end of the month. I'm going with Door #2.

Speaking of GM and #2 (not THAT #2), both Chaim Bloom and Kim Ng are now available. Whether either would be willing to accept the #2 role is uncertain.

Reactions: tico brown
5 runs so far in 4 innings!! So tell me again who we were able to replenish our farm system with for trading away this has been? Since we have to pay this washed up excuse maker anyway, I'm glad he's pitching for another team.

Last edited:
Reactions: RuSnp
Andy Martino posted an update on the Mets managerial search. The update is that there is no update. Nothing visible is happening.

Which means either that they're waiting on a GM, or they're waiting on Counsell, who becomes available at the end of the month. I'm going with Door #2.

Speaking of GM and #2 (not THAT #2), both Chaim Bloom and Kim Ng are now available. Whether either would be willing to accept the #2 role is uncertain.
Would take either as GM however Ng has been rumored for Red Sox

Mets trade of Max to the Rangers has led to a huge plus for the Astros. It doesn't get much better than that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT