ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NJ Devils 2023-2024 Thread

Notice Timo scored his first goal today in a strange location. He was right in front of the net on the right side. Imagine that.

Is it not amazing, after a cool 30 years , including wasting goalie Hank's's HOF career, and 1 Cup, 1 in 80 Years, a Rangers fan still thinks it's cool to troll on the Devils thread.

Well Rangers I see a rinse repeat scenario here. That is you guys make the playoffs, get all excited, and then watch your team crap out before any of you have grown stubble!
What’s the chant ? One since forty.

Now, now, be kind to our guest. He is under the influence of the ny media. He and most, not all, of the rag faithful have been brainwashed since birth. Thank God I got it right with who I prefer in the NHL!
Ruff should have been canned right after that press conference! If he can't handle New Jersey, imagine him in Toronto. LOL it is embarrassing!

Reactions: goru1869
Any of you watching. ?

It’s truly awful hockey. So f’n boring
Im watching…I Don’t think it’s been boring in the least. Even the broadcast crew called it “fire wagon hockey”..

You even said tb’s goalie looks like a Roy/marty hybrid. Don’t think most hockey fans would call watching Roy /‘d Marty play “f’n boring”..

• Haha
Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
Im watching…I Don’t think it’s been boring in the least. Even the broadcast crew called it “fire wagon hockey”..

You even said tb’s goalie looks like a Roy/marty hybrid. Don’t think most hockey fans would call watching Roy /‘d Marty play “f’n boring”..
It picked up a bit AFTER I posted.

Stop posting silly replies - the Devils have been lethargic for around 36 minutes so far.

Not the look of a desperate team that should be playing with passion.

Tampa coach Cooper knew they can rest Vas against this impotent Devils squad.

It picked up a bit AFTER I posted.

Stop posting silly replies - the Devils have been lethargic for around 36 minutes so far.

Not the look of a desperate team that should be playing with passion.

Tampa coach Cooper knew they can rest Vas against this impotent Devils squad.

stop telling me what or what not to post…I’m posting my opinion that it hasn’t been “f’n boring”..two great goals by TB…a great Jack play to set up Toffolli. And some good goaltending.

You disagree..all good.

Could be the last full house of the season.

Yeah many fans bought tickets months in advance believing the hype.

The Florida home game actual attendance will be far south of 10k

The gimmick is up and has been exposed.
It’s a terrible hockey club.

On goal-1 allowed , Jack was in the neutral zone as Kucherov skated in alone

stop telling me what or what not to post…I’m posting my opinion that it hasn’t been “f’n boring”..two great goals by TB…a great Jack play to set up Toffolli. And some good goaltending.

You disagree..all good.
Post all you want but you border line trolled in the post bruh.

Will they get this to OT or wilt and crumble ?

Only 16 SOG so far in a must win game. Pathetic

Post all you want but you border line trolled in the post bruh.

Will they get this to OT or wilt and crumble ?

Only 16 SOG so far in a must win game. Pathetic

I was just confused by your mindset..you saying the game is “f’n boring”..yet saying TB’s goalie looks like Roy-Brodeur. Again, I don’t think that’s boring hockey.

Then you just say how you miss “Lou’s teams”…which were some of the most “f’n boring” teams in the history of the league.

Lottery Lotto GIF

If they don’t fire Ruff before they fly to San Jose, it tells every single Devils fan that the ownership and senior mgmt is not in this business to win. Period
Agreed but Fitz will NEVER fire his hero!

Fitting getting toyed with by Tampa. Reminds me of that playoff series 7 years ago. If there is not a regime change IMO, we will repeat history and not get back to the playoffs quickly.

Top heavy soft skill, with little underneath! That is on Fitz.

Nico Hischier is in his 7th season. Time flies when your not having fun.

The time is NOW for a regime change! Fitz will NEVER fire Fitz. This team is top heavy with weak, soft, skill prone to falling down! They often play as individuals, not a team.

Something also occurred to me watching this mess, the guys on this team seem to be milking it, with their built-in excuses of injuries and poor scheduling. Tampa played yesterday, back-to-back road games and they were awake and playing hard. The only Devils with energy were the 2 from Utica.

This team will have a chance to maximize potential only when they acquirer some grit and toughness. Oh and a coach that doesn't coddle them.

Last edited:
Reactions: goru1869
Nico Hischier is in his 7th season. Time flies when your not having fun.

The time is NOW for a regime change! Fitz will NEVER fire Fitz. This team is top heavy with weak, soft, skill prone to falling down! They often play as individuals, not a team.

Something also occurred to me watching this mess, the guys on this team seem to be milking it, with their built-in excuses of injuries and poor scheduling. Tampa played yesterday, back-to-back road games and they were awake and playing hard. The only Devils with injury were the 2 from Utica.

This team will have a chance to maximize potential only when they acquirer some grit and toughness. Oh and a coach that doesn't coddle them.

Our buddy Frank summarizes our status very well here

• Love
Reactions: TM94goRU
This team is beyond soft. It’s embarrassing for them to be playing this way and wearing the Devils crest. This is an organization that has a pedigree of hard work and physical play. Now it resembles a youth hockey team that doesn’t want to play harder than required of your average pond hockey game. Luke Hughes looks like a talented 15 year old out there, but far from being able to play a “man’s” game. He’s a lightweight and gets bounced all over the ice when he’s not turning the puck over. Dawson Mercer has regressed into a soft lazy player under Ruff. This was disgusting today.

Our buddy Frank summarizes our status very well here

I was just thinking about a hypothetical I wish I could go back and accomplish, trade Ruff to Philly for Torch.

I think a take no prisoners coach like that would have us no lower than 2nd in the division.

Unless this team gets bigger, stronger, and grittier we will waste this era with Nico and Jack. Now that is what I call mismanagement!

This team is beyond soft. It’s embarrassing for them to be playing this way and wearing the Devils crest. This is an organization that has a pedigree of hard work and physical play. Now it resembles a youth hockey team that doesn’t want to play harder than required of your average pond hockey game. Luke Hughes looks like a talented 15 year old out there, but far from being able to play a “man’s” game. He’s a lightweight and gets bounced all over the ice when he’s not turning the puck over. Dawson Mercer has regressed into a soft lazy player under Ruff. This was disgusting today.
Great Post!!!

One more thing, is it just me or do these guys like Jack fall down more than any team. I can remember any. I have never seen so many falls with no contact.

It’s mind boggling how at least 75% of fans ITT did not see this coming earlier in the season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT