ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NY Giants 2021 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
After today Judge has to go. I know it is your 3rd string QB but how do you do you sneak on a 3rd down 8+ yards to go. What the eff do you have to lose by chucking the ball. He has done nothing to even make this team competitive never mind getting into a position to win. If he isn't fired this is the biggest mistake since the Ray Handley debacle.
At this point Ray Handley looks really good.

Most mock drafts I've seen lately had the Giants taking the DE from Purdue and the center from Iowa.

Reactions: tico brown
Generally I would say you need to give a coach 3 years. I thought the team played hard for Judge last year. Not so much this year. Giants needs to clean house and bring in new blood. John Mara needs to go as well, but that will not happen.

One of the reasons I heard they may not fire Judge is if they do they will be paying 3 coaches next season

One of the reasons I heard they may not fire Judge is if they do they will be paying 3 coaches next season

Judge 2022 = Ash 2019
How are we all going through this again?
What did we do as Rutgers/Giants fans?

We even had our “Doesn’t matter the OC had the worst offense in the league. We HAVE to keep OC McNulty/Garrett for continuity!! Can’t have another new system for the QB to learn”

Then the OC gets fired mid-season for a predictably terrible offense.

Judge 2022 = Ash 2019
How are we all going through this again?
What did we do as Rutgers/Giants fans?

We even had our “Doesn’t matter the OC had the worst offense in the league. We HAVE to keep OC McNulty/Garrett for continuity!! Can’t have another new system for the QB to learn”

Then the OC gets fired mid-season for a predictably terrible offense.

One big difference. Judge doesn't do the recruiting or deal with players in the equivalent to the transfer portal.

One big difference. Judge doesn't do the recruiting or deal with players in the equivalent to the transfer portal.

Again...so then what exactly does he do?
Doesn't run the offense.
Doesn't run the defense.
According to you has no input or impact on adding players to the team.

He hired OC Garrett who was terrible when hired.
And then kept him after a predictably terrible year.

And before you say "Garrett was forced upon by the front office", then what exactly does he do?
What kind of HC is comfortable with the front office forcing his most important hire upon him (OC) and forcing him to keep him?

I imagine that the decision on Judge will come down to the new GM hire. But IMO why wait as he seems to have lost the team anyway.

Personally I'm hoping Kate and Rooney Mara take over for John. Can't do any worse and much better to look at.

Regardless of my previous post assuming you are correct - this is wrong

https://www.si.com/nfl/giants/news/report-giants-to-meet-with-free-agent-receiver-kenny-golladay

"The receiver is expected to meet with general manager Dave Gettleman, head coach Joe Judge, among others, perhaps in part to clear up any doubts as referred to by MMQB's Albert Breer, who earlier this week expressed doubts of Golladay becoming a Giant due in part to things "not ending great in Detroit for him.""

Again...so then what exactly does he do?
Doesn't run the offense.
Doesn't run the defense.
According to you has no input or impact on adding players to the team.

He hired OC Garrett who was terrible when hired.
And then kept him after a predictably terrible year.

And before you say "Garrett was forced upon by the front office", then what exactly does he do?
What kind of HC is comfortable with the front office forcing his most important hire upon him (OC) and forcing him to keep him?

You seem really wound up about this. I think Judge needs to go immediately - and I think the Giants fire him. However I know you realize that with our without him, next year is pretty much a rinse cycle given the Cap situation.

You seem really wound up about this. I think Judge needs to go immediately - and I think the Giants fire him. However I know you realize that with our without him, next year is pretty much a rinse cycle given the Cap situation.

Not wound up. Just killing time by playing with an obvious troll.
Still waiting for the post when anyone said Jones was 100% the only problem with the offense.

Next year is a wash as you said.
Even if we draft 2 OL at #5 and #7 the OL isn't going to all of a sudden great in 2022.
Good chance it's only marginally better at best.

Would it then be more "well we can't evaluate the QB, RB, WR or any position because the OL was relying on multiple rookies. Need to give everyone another year."?

The real roster question for any new GM is picking up Jones 5th year 2023 option.
Projected to be $21.3m and fully guaranteed when picked up.
https://overthecap.com/fifth-year-option-projections/

Not wound up. Just killing time by playing with an obvious troll.
Still waiting for the post when anyone said Jones was 100% the only problem with the offense.

Next year is a wash as you said.
Even if we draft 2 OL at #5 and #7 the OL isn't going to all of a sudden great in 2022.
Good chance it's only marginally better at best.

Would it then be more "well we can't evaluate the QB, RB, WR or any position because the OL was relying on multiple rookies. Need to give everyone another year."?

The real roster question for any new GM is picking up Jones 5th year 2023 option.
Projected to be $21.3m and fully guaranteed when picked up.
https://overthecap.com/fifth-year-option-projections/

The issue with the O-Line is that it was historically bad this year. So even if they draft a couple highly projected guys - while the line may not be world-beaters next year, they should show improvement with in influx of talent and with a more seasoned Thomas back. That being said - regardless of the O-Line status - next year needs to be part of the final evaluation of Jones contract option & future. He is not currently a $20M QB. It would be a mistake IMO however to use one of the high draft picks to select another QB. Build the line foundation first. I do agree with your previous sentiment - time to also bring in a much higher degree of competence at back-up QB next year. Not sure how they will flex the cap to make this work, but it's a must have for the roster.

Reactions: NickRU714
The once proud Giants are turning into a Mickey Mouse organization. They simply do not understand what it takes to win in today's NFL. Embarrassing for what should be a top 3-5 franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT