ADVERTISEMENT

OT: OFFICIAL 2017 LET'S GO METS SEASON THREAD

Watching the game on TV and I just noticed something for the first time this year. Granted the times I went to Citi Field this year were either at the left field wall or in the upper deck upper deck but I just noticed netting beyond the dugouts down both first and third base. Has it been like this all season and do they have this at other MLB parks? Only place i noticed this was at the Brooklyn Cylones park a couple of weeks ago. Staten Island Yankees didn't have the extended netting but that was last month.

Last edited:
Watching the game on TV and I just noticed something for the first time this year. Granted the times I went to Citi Field this year were either at the left field wall or in the upper deck upper deck but I just noticed netting beyond the dugouts down both first and third base. Has it been like this all season and do they have this at other MLB parks? Only place i noticed this was at the Brooklyn Cylones park.
I bELieve they started this only after the All Star game. They talked about it a lot yesterday and how they are trying to be proactive with safety

Reactions: tico brown
I bELieve they started this only after the All Star game. They talked about it a lot yesterday and how they are trying to be proactive with safety
Oh ok. Didn't watch yesterday's game. Didn't know until that ballot dropped that foul ball and saw the fans bang on the Mets like Ranger fans bang on the glass.

caddyshack-murray-427fp072210.jpg

Part of me thinks the Mets should sell off some of these guys. Part of me thinks mets make a run. Terry Collins has proven to be the best second half manager in the game. But not sure if this squad can do it.

Part of me thinks the Mets should sell off some of these guys. Part of me thinks mets make a run. Terry Collins has proven to be the best second half manager in the game. But not sure if this squad can do it.
The problem is dominance of the NL west. If the Mets can finish the Rockies today, they have 3 more games against them this season, that would close the gap on the Rockies. Mets also play the Braves 7 more times (ahead of the Mets right now), the Cubs 3 more times, and the Cards 4 more times).
Mets have 6 games against the Nationals left, 3 against the scary Dodgers, and 3 against the scarier Astros.

Don't see the Mets catching the Nats, unless they can turn the tables and sweep all 6. Wild card will be a longshot too with the schedule being what it is.

C'mon guys stop. Just stop.

Teams lose games. EVERYONE loses games. The best teams in the history of the game lose one out of three, which is what the Mets just did. If the Mets win two of three from here on out, they'll wind up with 90 wins which will get them at least a wild card. Won't happen, of course, because consistently winning two of three is really hard and the Mets aren't good enough to do it.

The hole the Mets have dug for themselves is very deep. If you want to kill them for something, kill them for digging the hole. Don't kill them for not being able to climb out.

Yeah well that hole that's too deep for them to climb out of is no one else's fault but their own.

Reactions: Kbee3
Keef said it best. You win three against the team you are trying to catch, and you gain 3 games. You win 2 and lose 1, you gain 1 game. This team is terrible when Cespedes is not in the lineup. Can they nail down the turf with a staple gun in left field so there are no more accidents out there?

Going to the Cardinal game Tuesday night with my Dad and 17yr old Son.

Haven't been yet to Citi Field. Should be fun.

Not sure if you saw @Knight Shift but Wall Recreation had a bus for this game.

Whenever they have had a chance this season to get to within 7 games behind, they crumble with some miserable performance.

Kbee3- You are really weird. You are still watching this thread even tho you were banned from commenting by the mods. And you are still taking the trouble to "Like" every post that is critical of the Mets. I don't get it. You need to consider getting a life, or, at least stick to all of the other threads where you are still free to make juvenile posts about Mets/Yankees.

If I add this opinion, that the Mets are basically playing out the string, will you "Like" my post too?

Kbee3- You are really weird. You are still watching this thread even tho you were banned from commenting by the mods. And you are still taking the trouble to "Like" every post that is critical of the Mets. I don't get it. You need to consider getting a life, or, at least stick to all of the other threads where you are still free to make juvenile posts about Mets/Yankees.

If I add this opinion, that the Mets are basically playing out the string, will you "Like" my post too?
You have to admit though,the next best thing to the Mets turning it around {not gonna happen}, is watching the Yankees crash an burn. It won't be long before they are irrelevant come late August, unless they trade away the farm, like usual, to get help,lol.From Kbee's talk of "4", 20 game winners to none.Oh the calamity.

I want to see some good, smart personnel moves.

I guess I should probably switch teams for that.
We all know what the obvious moves are - anyone with an expiring contract is on the trading block. Problem is, none of those guys are going to bring back the kind of blue chippers that I assume you are looking for. So, what do you have in mind? Whom are you willing to move?

At the game.

They collectively all look bad.

Especially Reyes and Cespides. Lazy
Hope you didn't pay full price. I did see Cespedes go 3/4 speed after a fly ball, wonder if he's not 100% or just doesn't trust the Citi Field turf. Did not see Reyes loaf, although didn't see the whole game. I actually thought Montero looked good and deserved a better fate. Best command he's had all year.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Hope you didn't pay full price. I did see Cespedes go 3/4 speed after a fly ball, wonder if he's not 100% or just doesn't trust the Citi Field turf. Did not see Reyes loaf, although didn't see the whole game. I actually thought Montero looked good and deserved a better fate. Best command he's had all year.
You know what's sad? You can't blame Montero tonight. He pitched pretty good considering the 3 errors and the number of times Reyes, Duda and Cespedes loafed out there (Reyes loafed on 2 throws to first that cost them, esp on that would be double play).

Sitting out in LF behind Reyes and it seems his accuracy is off on his throws. Maybe it's Father Time catching up with him.

And first time at Citi Field...very nice. I'm impressed.

Group rate plus a free Mets cap so can't complain...other than the score or their play. Lol

Sitting out in LF behind Reyes and it seems his accuracy is off on his throws. Maybe it's Father Time catching up with him.

And first time at Citi Field...very nice. I'm impressed.

Group rate plus a free Mets cap so can't complain...other than the score or their play. Lol
How was the bus ride?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT