ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2021 NY Mets Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never heard that thought before...
One of those stupid SNY FB posts where people wanted to trade either or both for rental because they would get a ring? 🤦🏻‍♂️

Yeah and chances are he signs back to DC with those two youngsters bashing away with Soto and Turner for the next 5-10 years lol.

Apparently I can’t copy the link to the FB thread. I screenshot the convo but don’t know how to post pics. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Just beat the Cubs tonight to win another series. I will take all of the series wins I can get.

As for Rojas, he may not be the greatest manager in baseball. But how many managers wind up being fired after falling apart because of the number of injuries a team get? He has to be doing SOMETHING right. So far, so good.

And THATS how you stop the shift without bit**ing and moaning to get it banned. Great job, Dom…

Hey, Polar Pete ties the game.

Why does Pillar wear the Leatherface when he's fielding and not when he's hitting?

One of those stupid SNY FB posts where people wanted to trade either or both for rental because they would get a ring? 🤦🏻‍♂️

Yeah and chances are he signs back to DC with those two youngsters bashing away with Soto and Turner for the next 5-10 years lol.

Apparently I can’t copy the link to the FB thread. I screenshot the convo but don’t know how to post pics. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Try copy image address instead of copy image

It F-in worked !!!!!
It worked
It worked

3 run HR Boston !!!!!!

I was going to wait to finish post until inning ended but hoped I’d have to edit !!!!!!!!!

Pitching and Defense. Pitching and Defense. Most likely Nimmo and McNeil don't make that play.

It’s funny, people have been talking about this really good Cubs team as if we don’t belong in the same sentence and yet, here we are with the better record.
Walker is the signing of the year…
Imagine how much more we would love him if we didn’t have an all time great on the team.

Saw the 3 of them at Lakewood last week. The future is bright and at this point, I think none should be considered trade bait.
The thing is, there should be zero reason to trade any of them at this point. Sign Stroman and we would have 3 top starters for the next year +...In the field and offense- unless we need to add a top prospect with someone like Davis to get a Trout type player- I don't see a "needed" trade there either.

8 ahead in the loss column. When does the cavalry get here? Maybe we should call and tell them never mind, we got this.
That's why I wasn't really worried about the Philthies right now. I figured that California trip would take care of them and so far so good. We just needed to handle some business at home at the same time to open our division lead back up and so far so good there as well.

Last edited:
8 ahead in the loss column. When does the cavalry get here? Maybe we should call and tell them never mind, we got this.
Because of this, there is absolutely no need to rush Conforto, McNeil, Davis, Nikki, etc until it’s absolutely necessary… despite what the METS STINK BECAUSE THEY ONLY THREE RUNS A GAME CREW demands. They’ve been winning with pitching, defense, base running, and hitting the ball the other way. In fact, when was the last time LAUNCH ANGLE was mentioned with the Mets?

Keep this going as long as they can. Plus the power hitters would be refreshed and ready to go when they do come back.

Reactions: cicero grimes
Can't believe we were his only offer this offseason. Good for us. Also think he's being underappreciated by Mets fans for the job he's done. I don't mean on here but just in general. He and Stroman both have understandably been overshadowed by the amazing season Degrom is having. But when Tijuan came up to bat in the home 6th he should have received a rousing ovation and I hardly heard a cheer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT