ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2022 NY Mets Season And Post Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marte in the lineup and a good hitting Catcher(the current Nido)- We have Cahna and Escobar 7/8 that is actually as tough a lineup as you could imaging.

7/8 Cahna and Escobar instead of Ruf/Naquin...

Leave us with a very professional hitter in LG and a big time power bat - Alvarez

I also do not think we see 2 straight clunkers from Max and we will see the real deGrom

Are Cohen/Darling and company doing any of the Wild Card games? Asking because Kay is doing the Phillies/Cardinals game.

Are Cohen/Darling and company doing any of the Wild Card games? Asking because Kay is doing the Phillies/Cardinals game.
No. Kay is also an ESPN employee so does playoffs now. Cohen isn't doing anything but pre and post game on SNY. Darling will be doing AL games as he also works for Turner.

Reactions: 29PAS
No. Kay is also an ESPN employee so does playoffs now. Cohen isn't doing anything but pre and post game on SNY. Darling will be doing AL games as he also works for Turner.
Thanks. That's too bad Cohen and crew aren't doing the Mets or any games - they're the best around, imo.

Reactions: Zak57 and Mr Magoo
Its a 3 game series. They reset the rosters for the next round. Only need 3 starters.
I understand. I still think you need a long man if one of the 3 gets hurt or gets pummeled. Why wouldn’t you take Walker or Carrasco over Megil?

It was Scherzer along with deGrom that were supposed to be our big edge in the postseason. Not working out that way so far tonight as they continue to surrender the long balls.

They have to be one of the worst teams getting a runner in from 3rd with less than two out the last couple of months.

I’m at game. Very frustrating! Scherzer struggling. Mets bats can’t do anything with RISP and Darvish struggling. Alonso and Escobar can’t hit sac flies.! Alonso over anxious. .

Sherzer and deGrom choking big time down the stretch. We’ll see if deGrom can correct it tomorrow.

I’ve been saying all week I’ll be 0-2 on Friday. Being a Mets and Rutgers fan is a curse I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy

Reactions: 29PAS
I’m at game. Very frustrating! Scherzer struggling. Mets bats can’t do anything with RISP and Darvish struggling. Alonso and Escobar can’t hit sac flies.! Alonso over anxious. .
It’s not Darvish struggling though. He’s done this all year.

Some trouble early and then cruise control

Reactions: colbert17
You needed lo
One concern I have about roster is why no Carrasco and/ or Walker ? I don’t see a long reliever and thus if bullpen needs to be used in rout or extra innings etc - there is no one to stretch over several innings. Why Megill over Carrasco or Walker?
A long reliever was needed so Scherzer ass could have been taken out in 2nd inning. It was obvious he had nothing

Only a TD and extra point away from being back in this game.

think the padres might put up more points tonight then RU

You needed lo

A long reliever was needed so Scherzer ass could have been taken out in 2nd inning. It was obvious he had nothing
Peterson was available as the long man if Buck wanted to go with him. He was a better choice than Walker or Carrasco. Neither of them are accustomed to working in relief. It's an entirely different preparation regimen. Throw in the fact that each of them would be on two days rest, and it is not a recipe for success IMO.

I guess Williams would have been the best choice, but he pitched six meaningless innings on Wednesday. That to me was the headscratcher. Megill could have served that purpose.

Peterson was available as the long man if Buck wanted to go with him. He was a better choice than Walker or Carrasco. Neither of them are accustomed to working in relief. It's an entirely different preparation regimen. Throw in the fact that each of them would be on two days rest, and it is not a recipe for success IMO.

I guess Williams would have been the best choice, but he pitched six meaningless innings on Wednesday. That to me was the headscratcher. Megill could have served that purpose.
Buck needs to be held accountable on several fronts.

- Passing over Degrom in Game 1. Degrom has earned the right to start Game 1.
- Foolish Strategy via trying to save Degrom vs LAD. It's do or die in wild card series. Don't overthink the issue.
- i think above motivated Padres via feeling they are being disrespected.
- Peterson, as long reliever, should have been brought into game way earlier in the 5th inning. It was obvious to me at the game and I'm sure those watching that Max had nothing.
- Via the above, it appeared Buck was managing the game as a meaningless regular season game and not a Do or Die Playoff game.

Reactions: The RUT
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT