ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2022 NY Yankees Season And Post Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Context- I was responding to this…are you really that sensitive to think I just came on here with a random post. I responded directly to a post about the playoffs.

I'm just debating your point which I don't agree with .......not being sensitive. My responses were all respectful and with added facts. The post by Mitch was correct, the Yanks starters are performing better than in recent years and this will be key in the playoffs. You responded to that by saying Cortes, Tallion and Severino have been bad over the past month. If you look at their game to game performances, this is not an entirely true statement - I previously explained why. You also made negative connotations about having a mid 3 ERA .....which I also challenged. You then made comments about the Yankees hitting being one dimensionally reliant on a few players as well as hitting slumps and potential effects on being ready for the playoffs....which I challenged in a few ways as saying it is waaay too early in the season to be concerned about that.

You're a Mets fan first and say you also root for the Yankees. I would think even you would agree based on NY fanbases..... that in itself is unusual. So most here would be naturally curious why you would be so overly concerned about the Yankees potential playoff impacts based on pitching and hitting at mid-season for a team already 37 games above .500.

To the original point...facts are that the Yankees starting pitching has been very good this year, not perfect, but consistently better than previous years from top to bottom. Top 3 starters and a strong bullpen will be critical in a playoff run. So far - Yanks have very strong candidates for top 3 as well as arguably one of the best bullpens in MLB.

Reactions: Kbee3
I'm just debating your point which I don't agree with .......not being sensitive. My responses were all respectful and with added facts. The post by Mitch was correct, the Yanks starters are performing better than in recent years and this will be key in the playoffs. You responded to that by saying Cortes, Tallion and Severino have been bad over the past month. If you look at their game to game performances, this is not an entirely true statement - I previously explained why. You also made negative connotations about having a mid 3 ERA .....which I also challenged. You then made comments about the Yankees hitting being one dimensionally reliant on a few players as well as hitting slumps and potential effects on being ready for the playoffs....which I challenged in a few ways as saying it is waaay too early in the season to be concerned about that.

You're a Mets fan first and say you also root for the Yankees. I would think even you would agree based on NY fanbases..... that in itself is unusual. So most here would be naturally curious why you would be so overly concerned about the Yankees potential playoff impacts based on pitching and hitting at mid-season for a team already 37 games above .500.

To the original point...facts are that the Yankees starting pitching has been very good this year, not perfect, but consistently better than previous years from top to bottom. Top 3 starters and a strong bullpen will be critical in a playoff run. So far - Yanks have very strong candidates for top 3 as well as arguably one of the best bullpens in MLB.
No idea what that joker is talking about. The Yanks currently have given up the least runs in MLB (and actually scored the most as well). Kind of hard to bitch about their pitching right now.

Reactions: Kbee3
No idea what that joker is talking about. The Yanks currently have given up the least runs in MLB (and actually scored the most as well). Kind of hard to bitch about their pitching right now.
Just a Mets fan trolling on a Yankees thread. He spends so much time over on this thread he is missing the shrinking Mets lead. He and 2008 would be the first to start crying if we post over on the Mets complaint board. 🤣🤣

I have no problem debating or better- discussing it. I wasn’t posting as a Mets fan and only responded to the post I copied.
there is really nothing about the Yankees to say much about up to this point. They are on a historic run. And SP has carried most of the season.
it was just the point that there have been a few bumps in the road with the starters at times lately when they were near perfect early. The good thing is that when those bumps have come- the offense has picked it up.
I have no doubt they run away with the AL East but they will need everything firing if and when they meet someone like the Astros.
It know TK and WB are not capable of understanding that a friendly discussion doesn’t have to be a troll.

Reactions: RUfinally2008
I have no problem debating or better- discussing it. I wasn’t posting as a Mets fan and only responded to the post I copied.
there is really nothing about the Yankees to say much about up to this point. They are on a historic run. And SP has carried most of the season.
it was just the point that there have been a few bumps in the road with the starters at times lately when they were near perfect early. The good thing is that when those bumps have come- the offense has picked it up.
I have no doubt they run away with the AL East but they will need everything firing if and when they meet someone like the Astros.
It know TK and WB are not capable of understanding that a friendly discussion doesn’t have to be a troll.
^^^^^ Troll.
:)

Reactions: yesrutgers01
No Stanton or Rizzo, but it's not a Rizzoli, tonight. There were two ABs in the middle innings where Boston was a swing away from making it very interesting, but both times the relief pitching came through. Let's keep this going.

They really need to get Cortes some time off. Maybe he needs to get "injured". At the very least they need to push him to pitching on every 6th day. It's only halfway through the season and we need him fresh for the playoffs.

They really need to get Cortes some time off. Maybe he needs to get "injured". At the very least they need to push him to pitching on every 6th day. It's only halfway through the season and we need him fresh for the playoffs.
Do they start to really monitor his innings the rest of season as he is only a few innings away from the most he has ever pitched?

Do they start to really monitor his innings the rest of season as he is only a few innings away from the most he has ever pitched?
I've read articles that they are well aware and trying to figure it out. I don't know if they've done anything about it though. Maybe the plan is to let him get lit up (like he has recently) and keep his outings shorter than usual. 🤪

I've read articles that they are well aware and trying to figure it out. I don't know if they've done anything about it though. Maybe the plan is to let him get lit up (like he has recently) and keep his outings shorter than usual. 🤪
One of the things that has been very impressive for the Yankees- I believe your top 5 starters have only missed a total of 5 starts. Or something crazy like that.

Is it? Isn't the country tired of a rivalry that isn't a rivalry that much anymore? Houston is our demon these days
NYY vs BoSux = greatest rivalry in sports (and it dates back to 1918 and Babe Ruth)

Before the game Fox introduced Judge as the
only Yankee ever to hit 30 home runs before
the all star game twice. Then they announce
he is leading off. Since when does being the
best home hitter warrants the lead off spot.
Who makes that decision?

NYY vs BoSux = greatest rivalry in sports (and it dates back to 1918 and Babe Ruth)
Yankees and Red Sox fans may enjoy it. The rest of the country could care less. The Mets/Yankees World Series was a dud in TV ratings. A Yankees/Cubs

Before the game Fox introduced Judge as the
only Yankee ever to hit 30 home runs before
the all star game twice. Then they announce
he is leading off. Since when does being the
best home hitter warrants the lead off spot.
Who makes that decision?
Analytics idiots. He should bat 3 or clean-up. But baseball isn't like that anymore what I grew up with.

Analytics idiots. He should bat 3 or clean-up. But baseball isn't like that anymore what I grew up with.

Why? You want your best hitters up as often as possible. After the first inning the batting order really doesn't matter.

Why? You want your best hitters up as often as possible. After the first inning the batting order really doesn't matter.
You still want guys to get on base before the home run hitters. Solo home runs are not better then a few people on. Simple math. Judge after the first inning bats behind the worst hitters.

Nonsense, they celebrate every walk off win against any team like that.
Somewhat Ed… but players are human and the adrenaline flow and energy in rivalry games and the fact the you’re playing for a wildcard birth, makes the circumstances different and far more celebratory
Believe me!

Reactions: Purple-Ed
Somewhat Ed… but players are human and the adrenaline flow and energy in rivalry games and the fact the you’re playing for a wildcard birth, makes the circumstances different and far more celebratory
Believe me!
Absolutely, couldn't agree more. Being a Red Sox fan and having the MLB Package
I get to watch most Red Sox games and have watched more than a few walk off wins
over the years.

Reactions: zappaa
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT