ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2022 NY Yankees Season And Post Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Yankees have a lot of good young pitching arms that are finally being given a chance to show their stuff. Cortes and King look fantastic. I never thought I would live to see the day where they actually produced young arms through their own system.

IKF has been excellent after a slow start. You have to ride Trevino until he starts tanking and then hope HIggy picks up the pace. Gallo and Torres are 2 huge lineup holes right now. I'm sure they'll be shopping for an OF upgrade at the deadline. Torres probably becomes trade bait at the end of the season or deadline.
Why is Gallo still on this team?

No thanks. Mets fans call him "O-for".
Not sure which Met fans you are talking about. The guy had one bad year and he was playing hurt most of last year.
Majority of us would not have minded him coming back. He would fit the Yankees great with his left handed bat and your right field porch. He is also a very good fielder and good on base guy.
Yankees most likely won't do it though as it would cost a draft pick. But he is still young and if Hicks continues to play well for you- that would be a very solid OF.

he is just baffling- must be one of these anywhere but NY guys. We all knew he is a .200 hitter but he used to be a 35 HR guy and almost .400 OBP. but to be where he is and not even a single extra base hit...that is just crazy

Looks like Judge may start to take off now but still- this far in and only 5 RBI. DJ, Hicks and Rizzo have been your only consistent hitters and the team BA/OBP/OPS is down around 20 in MLB.
On the other hand- if Mr Cole can find his way...your pitching is very solid.
Right, the 8th and 9th. batters are doing poorly
And Hicks to me is not a lead off, But I am sure
RBIs are mentioned to JUDGE during negotiations. He is not going to get a lot of
RBIs with empty bases. Yesterday he had some one on, but not a regular. I would like to see
Judge bat third or even fourth.

RBIs are mentioned to JUDGE during negotiations. He is not going to get a lot of
RBIs with empty bases. Yesterday he had some one on, but not a regular. I would like to see
Let's be honest- even if he had bases loaded every AB- Judge started the year miserable.

Not sure which Met fans you are talking about. The guy had one bad year and he was playing hurt most of last year.
Majority of us would not have minded him coming back. He would fit the Yankees great with his left handed bat and your right field porch. He is also a very good fielder and good on base guy.
Yankees most likely won't do it though as it would cost a draft pick. But he is still young and if Hicks continues to play well for you- that would be a very solid OF.
Pretty much all my Mets friends and a lot on Twitter. Players like him are a dime a dozen. Maybe last year is who he is. I hope it was just a fluke but I still don’t think he fits with the Yankees. I always want starting pitching. I hate the homer of nothing game of today.

Pretty much all my Mets friends and a lot on Twitter. Players like him are a dime a dozen. Maybe last year is who he is. I hope it was just a fluke but I still don’t think he fits with the Yankees. I always want starting pitching. I hate the homer of nothing game of today.
He is far from a HR or nothing guy. And outside of playing injured all last year and for a short period after coming back from that fluke shoulder injury- he had been very solid. More of a gap type hitter with enough power to get on a HR binge or have his line drives carry out. Prior to last year- majority of Met fans hoped he would be a Met for life and were talking about him becoming a captain. Your friends must be the what have you done for me lately type fans and don’t look further than their fantasy stats.

Yankee fans were embarrassing today! Total bullshit. And that will happen in all the woke cities where "minor" offenses are ignored.

Reactions: RUfinally2008

IKF has been pretty hot now in the 8th spot and DJ is leading off.

Yankee fans were embarrassing today! Total bullshit. And that will happen in all the woke cities where "minor" offenses are ignored.

Awesome. Another guy trying to make a thread political. It has more to do with drunken asshole fans in the OF/bleachers than anything.

Reactions: RUforJERSEY
Awesome. Another guy trying to make a thread political. It has more to do with drunken asshole fans in the OF/bleachers than anything.
I'm willing to bet it is the same group of fans that have been in those same seats since the new stadium was built and many of them, many years before that. And seeing the still photo's they do not look like a bunch of liberal "woke"

Reactions: RUforJERSEY
I'm willing to bet it is the same group of fans that have been in those same seats since the new stadium was built and many of them, many years before that. And seeing the still photo's they do not look like a bunch of liberal "woke"
I'm guessing it was Antifa posing as Yankees fans. 😄

• Love
Singleton was great. will miss him much.
Cameron and Kay were boring then annoying
me. They are not a good team, in my opinion.
And now we get friggin Beltran ? Where's O'Neill ?
I may have to go back to watching the games on mute, listening to some music while I watch Yankees games.

A lot to get him??? They gave up nothing. 4 minor league players who were never going to make the 40 man roster.
I wasn't thinking of the quality just that it took 4 guys to get him. Welcome back by the way. It's nice to see your cranky old self back here.

• Haha
Oh great, you are as bad as the politicians. It's okay because they were "drunk fans" Gotcha.

Never said it was ok. Try again moron.
Haha. But you came up with the excuse they were "drunk fans" BTW those seats aren't the cheap bleacher seats. They are near $100 a piece.
Tell me how many of your drunken fans were arrested or fined!

Haha. But you came up with the excuse they were "drunk fans" BTW those seats aren't the cheap bleacher seats. They are near $100 a piece.
Tell me how many of your drunken fans were arrested or fined!

Drunkenness and stupidity at sporting events does not discriminate against seating price... idiots do stupid things at games....and this includes RU games. I don't know if anyone was arrested, fined or kicked out. Your the one trying to make this into a political statement without any evidence. Take your politics over to the CE board.

Drunkenness and stupidity at sporting events does not discriminate against seating price... idiots do stupid things at games....and this includes RU games. I don't know if anyone was arrested, fined or kicked out. Your the one trying to make this into a political statement without any evidence. Take your politics over to the CE board.
Oh God. You are clueless and your response is total spin. You sure do act like a politician. The old it happens everywhere excuse. Have you ever seen the amount of people throw crap at players at Yankee Stadium before yesterday?

Oh God. You are clueless and your response is total spin. You sure do act like a politician. The old it happens everywhere excuse. Have you ever seen the amount of people throw crap at players at Yankee Stadium before yesterday?

So your theory is that it is not angry or drunk a-hole people.......but rather you feel it is some type of woke conspiracy where an elitist liberal cabal is buying up expensive Yankee tickets in order to be able to throw things on the field because the NYC laws are not strong enough. Do I have your theory correct Q?

ps.....yes I've seen things thrown on the field and at athletes over the years on different venues. I've also witnessed fist fights in the stands, bottles thrown at people in parking lots etc. All of this is illegal and most of the offenders have been drunk and angry. But I get it.....you like your booze and seem angry most of the time on this board. Not really hard to connect the dots on why you would deflect on this issue.

I'm guessing it was Antifa posing as Yankees fans. 😄
I don't think Vassar girls are going to Yankee games in the bleachers. The parents of Antifa would be putting them in the boxes behind the dugouts. lol

So your theory is that it is not angry or drunk a-hole people.......but rather you feel it is some type of woke conspiracy where an elitist liberal cabal is buying up expensive Yankee tickets in order to be able to throw things on the field because the NYC laws are not strong enough. Do I have your theory correct Q?

ps.....yes I've seen things thrown on the field and at athletes over the years on different venues. I've also witnessed fist fights in the stands, bottles thrown at people in parking lots etc. All of this is illegal and most of the offenders have been drunk and angry. But I get it.....you like your booze and seem angry most of the time on this board. Not really hard to connect the dots on why you would deflect on this issue.
Case in point- there is a reason Rutgers started taking the tops off bottled water 20 years ago. Crap has been thrown on fields for decades.

Answer the question I asked. Have you ever seen that amount of things thrown at players at Yankee Stadium?
Stop comparing it to an isolated person. What you saw yesterday was a whole section. I have never seen anything like that before as a life long Yankee fan. I'm sure you will come up with another excuse for that scene yesterday.
And f you want to go down the unfounded name calling road I can do that too. Assholes like you avoid answering the question, put spin on it and add insults as you know you are wrong.

Answer the question I asked. Have you ever seen that amount of things thrown at players at Yankee Stadium?
Stop comparing it to an isolated person. What you saw yesterday was a whole section. I have never seen anything like that before as a life long Yankee fan. I'm sure you will come up with another excuse for that scene yesterday.
And f you want to go down the unfounded name calling road I can do that too. Assholes like you avoid answering the question, put spin on it and add insults as you know you are wrong.
Most of us will agree we have not seen it at that level previously but we have seen the bleachers be pretty aggressive. But the reason you are getting grief is that you turned it into some political BS. Take a good look at that crowd, I am sure if you took the same picture of that section every game and every year for a decade, you will be seeing the same people in the same seats. And not one of them have a "woke" bone in their body. They reacted as Yankee fans, not political

There's no answering because your point is incoherent. You somehow tied this to "wokeness" without any substance. I won't apologize for the name calling. You're pretty much known to be a name calling angry agressive bully on this board who deserves to be called out - especially on stupidity.

Must be nearing the end of April, the entitled Yankees fans are throwing sh*t onto the field. At least this time it was to celebrate a win, not an asskicking meted out by Tampa Bay on Commemorative Ball Giveaway Night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT