ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2022 NY Yankees Season And Post Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the reason Estevan Florial was still in the minors was that he struck out too much ?

Don’t think I’ve seen a thread or discussion on this. Please delete/merge if so.

Very bad look for Yankee fans. I think what was most disturbing is that it wasn’t just 1 or 2 knuckle heads out there….it was dozens that were throwing Bottles and Trash at an opposing player after a win.

I know you are just trying to tweak the Yankees fans, but it is being discussed in the Yankee thread. It is a bad look and unacceptable. No other way to look at it. However, I love all the Red Sox fans/Barstool (ex. tweet you posted) acting like this is just a Yankee fan thing. Unfortunately it's all fans in this scenario. Very few fanbases would not react if a player climbed up the fence to challenge fans. Stupid decision by Straw there.

"Biggest scumbags in pro sports" is a bit much. Cleveland Browns fans and their Bottlegate dustup eclipse this by a few orders of magnitude.

Tennessee Volunteers fans have numerous interactions worse than this, but even though their players were earning cash off the books (in McDonald's takeout bags, to be specific) they are not a pro team fanbase.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kbee3
OP clearly hasn't been to a game in Philadelphia.

This thread is about the unruly behavior of the Yankee fans this weekend.

Feel free to start your own thread on Philadelphia if you have nothing to add here.

Assuming you are a Yankees fan, I would hope you could minimally denounce the actions. Odd that your only response was about another city.

Reactions: RUfinally2008
I support the OP posting this. Just a tweet from the most unbiased member of the baseball media pointing out unacceptable behavior. Thank you for sharing.

Reactions: S_Janowski
In this case, it was NOT the fans fault. they
we're given free tickets to the Yankee games
when they crossed the border.

Here is a transcript of what was said. Outside of "Stay down Kwan", nothing that should have set off Straw. Straw looks like the bad guy now. Yankee fans need to up their game to match other stadiums.

Here is a transcript of what was said. Outside of "Stay down Kwan", nothing that should have set off Straw. Straw looks like the bad guy now. Yankee fans need to up their game to match other stadiums.

Are you crazy? Is that your spin?? Convenient you left out the beginning. Some of you are delusional that what happened at Yankee Stadium was someone on Cleveland starting this. Idiots everyone of them.

Reactions: S_Janowski
Are we really at the point where we think that any person who decides to throw crap on the field in any sports game is not total trash? Those Yankee fans are the latest examples. That said, any person who extends those feelings to an entire fanbase are a bunch of idiots.

Are you crazy? Is that your spin?? Convenient you left out the beginning. Some of you are delusional that what happened at Yankee Stadium was someone on Cleveland starting this. Idiots everyone of them.
Sarcasm meter broke again? Read my earlier post where I said this was unacceptable. This was more a dig at all the hypocrite fans of other teams. Every fanbase has fans that suck. Part of the reason I pretty much gave up attending pro sports. College is not far behind to be honest.

Reactions: RUfinally2008
Sarcasm meter broke again? Read my earlier post where I said this was unacceptable. This was more a dig at all the hypocrite fans of other teams. Every fanbase has fans that suck. Part of the reason I pretty much gave up attending pro sports. College is not far behind to be honest.
Yes I missed your sarcasm but don't agree about what other fan bases do as an excuse. Nor do I want Yankee fan to go down to their level. This was worse on so many levels especially the video you showed which was in Left field yet the Right field fans, who have no idea what was going on across the field, starts throwing crap at players during a victory. And as of today the Yankees and NYPD have taken zero actions to punish anyone. That same crowd will be welcome back with open arms because of $$

Why is attendance so light tonight?
I'm guessing cause the O's blow. Walk up crowd probably stayed away due to the cold. I know that I've gotten at least a half dozen emails from the Yanks in the last 2 weeks trying to sell me tickets for games before Memorial day.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
Can someone teach these major leaguers how to execute a rundown????????????????????????

Gleyber...JFC

NYY = best team in baseball

Hmm, seen this before. Major flaws still to deal with.

Reactions: RW90
9-1 in the last 10. Not against the top teams but sweeping 2 series and a possible 3rd today in a row is pretty impressive.

Yankees pitchers have dominated thus far.
Agreed. If the pitching holds up, this is the year they should go big on deadline trade for whatever the missing piece is at the time. This team has World Series potential because fo the pitching. They've even done some small ball recently which is a nice change.

Agreed. If the pitching holds up, this is the year they should go big on deadline trade for whatever the missing piece is at the time. This team has World Series potential because fo the pitching. They've even done some small ball recently which is a nice change.
Waive Gallo. Trade for a lefty bat that puts the ball in play and doesn't K much.

Start platooning andujar and Gallo in left. Andujar tore up minors and looked good yesterday if he gets back to his rookie year use Gallo late innings D/replacement guy for boones outfield rest strtegy

Reactions: coldsprings
Start platooning andujar and Gallo in left. Andujar tore up minors and looked good yesterday if he gets back to his rookie year use Gallo late innings D/replacement guy for boones outfield rest strtegy
Andujar is an accident waiting to happen in the outfield.

At least for one day, Torres remembered he has a lot of talent.
Not playing SS is helping. He was a complete mess last year but getting his confidence back. He was a superstar his first year but I would be thrilled if he settles into a good/very good all around player.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
Not playing SS is helping. He was a complete mess last year but getting his confidence back. He was a superstar his first year but I would be thrilled if he settles into a good/very good all around player.
+1
Cashman f'ed him up by dumping Didi and moving him to short. No need to do that last season.

Reactions: Kbee3 and RW90
The word "clueless" comes to mind.
Not that Hicks is a better option.
Hicks is hitting .263. Gallo is 100 points less than that. They are not comparable in any way right now.

Gallo should be benched and not DFA’d. You guys wanted to dump Hicks and now he’s much better. They can get rid of him at the end of the season.

Hicks is hitting .263. Gallo is 100 points less than that. They are not comparable in any way right now.

Gallo should be benched and not DFA’d. You guys wanted to dump Hicks and now he’s much better. They can get rid of him at the end of the season.
Gallo should be waived ASAP. Dump him.

I still consider batting average a relevant stat, although I hear plenty of talk about how unimportant it is these days....especially one month into the season. But anyone who has watched Hicks since he got here knows what I'm talking about. The eye test.
If either Gallo or Hicks is at bat it's time to go get another beer or take a piss. Especially in the clutch.
The Yanks have one quality outfielder, plus a dh who looks like he could play out there again.

This current run is pretty much a team effort and the bullpen, specifically King, is really impressive.

But I still don't think this team can get by the first round of the playoffs when the better pitching staffs usually win. These KOs and non productive outs are still an issue.

But the NYY are beating the teams they should and that's the important point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT