ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2022 Philadelphia Phillies Season And Post Season Thread

Too bad we did not make the switch in May! It is still strange pulling for the Braves.

Thomson flipped the rotation for St.Louis and will now have Wheeler going Friday and Gibson on Saturday.
The rumor is that Gibson is not vaccinated and cannot go to Toronto next week.
It is possible that others are believers in my body,my choice as well.
In any event,Thomson will address the situation in St.Louis.

Nice win today! I can't help but think, with a name like Lars Nootbaar, this St. Louis Cardinal picked the wrong sport and should be playing hockey, 😆.

Looks like Bohm is gonna be out with a finger. If Castellanos doesn’t step it up and quick I can’t see us being in it once Bryce and Segura return.

Looks like Bohm is gonna be out with a finger. If Castellanos doesn’t step it up and quick I can’t see us being in it once Bryce and Segura return.

Yeah hope he just jammed it but he seemed to think he broke it.

Casty's been a bust.

It's a shame he was really starting to play well.

Tough year for the Phils.

Clutch win tonight against maybe the top starting P in the NL. Now back in the 3rd WC spot.

Suarez back and starting tomorrow. Likely Bohm also. Segura rehab ahead of schedule. Eflin progressing. Some positives here all of a sudden.

Need to get one out of the next two here before the break. Then clean up on weak competition through the end of August to set ourselves up for an interesting September.

Reactions: LBusDoor90
There is some life in the carcass.
Stott must be the full time shortstop with Didi to bench and Munoz to the Pigs when Segura returns.
When Harper returns,Odubel back to Allentown.
Both OD and Munoz should be back Sept.1st.

Reactions: TM94goRU
There is some life in the carcass.
Stott must be the full time shortstop with Didi to bench and Munoz to the Pigs when Segura returns.
When Harper returns,Odubel back to Allentown.
Both OD and Munoz should be back Sept.1st.
They need to do something, because after that 14-2 run, they are .500, which ain’t gonna get it done.

Third wild card or bust.

St.Louis or Milw,then LA,then SD,then Hou.(The first four are teams over which the Phillies have the edge in the season series with the Astros,TBD.)The 0-7 vs the Cubs and Tex. may turn out to be the killer.

Have to thank your team for the 2/3!!! I don't think I have ever cheered for the Phils as much I have during this series.

I'm going to have to cheer you guys on for the WC now.

What is the expectation on Harper coming back?

And this kid at SS- is there expectations of him becoming an MLB hitter? Kid had a crazy insane minor league career.

The word on Harper is late August.

Stott's been around .240 the last two months.It's unlikely for him to morph into another Utley.

The word on Harper is late August.

Stott's been around .240 the last two months.It's unlikely for him to morph into another Utley.
OK- 240 and some pop at his age may show some life. By bringing up Utley- is this kid looked at more as SS or 2B?

BTW- to compare to Utley would be tough on anyone. Not HOF but had a lot of HOF years, is that next level down-which is very very very good. And just as clutch and the guy you didn't want at bat or on base for a good 6-7 years for you guys.

OK- 240 and some pop at his age may show some life. By bringing up Utley- is this kid looked at more as SS or 2B?

BTW- to compare to Utley would be tough on anyone. Not HOF but had a lot of HOF years, is that next level down-which is very very very good. And just as clutch and the guy you didn't want at bat or on base for a good 6-7 years for you guys.
A quick Stott story which probably means nothing. My nephew and I fancy ourselves pretty huge baseball fans. Last year, we sat right behind home plate for a Reading/Somerset game and after 3 ABs, we could easily see that Stott was having a lot of trouble with fastballs, especially up in the zone. I know it was only 3 ABs, but if we could see it, I'm sure professional scouts could see it.

A quick Stott story which probably means nothing. My nephew and I fancy ourselves pretty huge baseball fans. Last year, we sat right behind home plate for a Reading/Somerset game and after 3 ABs, we could easily see that Stott was having a lot of trouble with fastballs, especially up in the zone. I know it was only 3 ABs, but if we could see it, I'm sure professional scouts could see it.
Sitting behind the plate is one of the most underrated sports pleasures in the world for a fan. I had the pleasure to score tickets 10 rows up directly behind the plate for a 1985 Doc Gooden game at Shea. To see what those pitches were doing was something I will always remember. I never played beyond HS. But his pitches were doing things you can't see from any other seat- it was like throwing a wiffleball. And yes- you pick up on things you wouldnt see by sitting anywhere else too.

Sitting behind the plate is one of the most underrated sports pleasures in the world for a fan. I had the pleasure to score tickets 10 rows up directly behind the plate for a 1985 Doc Gooden game at Shea. To see what those pitches were doing was something I will always remember. I never played beyond HS. But his pitches were doing things you can't see from any other seat- it was like throwing a wiffleball. And yes- you pick up on things you wouldnt see by sitting anywhere else too.
How about this for a "behind the plate" story...when I was younger, my dad drove a limo for a rather well-connected man who had season tickets to the Phils and Orioles. The first game I ever saw at Camden Yards was against the White Sox and Charlie Hough was pitching. Watching a knuckleballer from that vantage point was amazing.

How about this for a "behind the plate" story...when I was younger, my dad drove a limo for a rather well-connected man who had season tickets to the Phils and Orioles. The first game I ever saw at Camden Yards was against the White Sox and Charlie Hough was pitching. Watching a knuckleballer from that vantage point was amazing.
talk about wiffleball! So cool...Now- the sad part of my story. My fiance at the time who became my first wife, was a big baseball fan but never had the chance to see a game in person- her first game ever was the game behind the plate(which, I happened to get lucky when I ordered from ticketmaster. Her 2nd game was in a box between home and visitor dugout, field level. This one was a gift from a vendor at work.
Back then, I wasn't making real cash- so when she wanted to go to a 3rd game- it was well down the F
RF line mezz level and she was all pissed about the crappy seats...I never brought her to another baseball game. lol

When the Phillies win the World Series,will its No.1 fan allow the unvaccinated players to visit him in the White House?

He's not doing so well,and the Phreedom Phour could jeopardize him further.

More urgently,1 up on STL for the third spot and 1.5 behind San Diego for No.2,which likely means a three game series at either Citi Field or Truist Park.

When the Phillies win the World Series,will its No.1 fan allow the unvaccinated players to visit him in the White House?

He's not doing so well,and the Phreedom Phour could jeopardize him further.

More urgently,1 up on STL for the third spot and 1.5 behind San Diego for No.2,which likely means a three game series at either Citi Field or Truist Park.
I'm not sure you're right. If the Phillies finish where they are, they will be the final wild-card team. They wouls play the division winner with the weakest record. (The other two division winners get byes.) That means they would play the Milwaukee Brewers in a best-of-three series at American Family Field. The winner would, as things stand now, play the Mets (the division-winner with the second best record) in a best-of five series.

If the Phillies catch San Diego, they will be the #2 wild-card team. In that case, they would indeed play the Braves at Truist Park. The winner of that series would play the Dodgers (the division-winner with the best record).

For a much too long summary of all this, see the link.https://sportsnaut.com/mlb-playoffs-schedule-bracket-dates/

I'm not sure you're right. If the Phillies finish where they are, they will be the final wild-card team. They wouls play the division winner with the weakest record. (The other two division winners get byes.) That means they would play the Milwaukee Brewers in a best-of-three series at American Family Field. The winner would, as things stand now, play the Mets (the division-winner with the second best record) in a best-of five series.

If the Phillies catch San Diego, they will be the #2 wild-card team. In that case, they would indeed play the Braves at Truist Park. The winner of that series would play the Dodgers (the division-winner with the best record).

For a much too long summary of all this, see the link.https://sportsnaut.com/mlb-playoffs-schedule-bracket-dates/
Bottomline as us Mets fans are usually worrying about each year- just make the playoffs and play who you play…I am actually hoping you guys do get in. I really don’t like many of the other teams.

St Louis will have their usual strong August and September and watch out for San Francisco.
Philadelphia outside looking in imo

St Louis will have their usual strong August and September and watch out for San Francisco.
Philadelphia outside looking in imo
been hearing that SF may be selling...we will see today if they feel they have a push in them or not. StL is a good team. And if they have a strong push late in the season, then a good chance that Mil may be the competition.

Bottomline as us Mets fans are usually worrying about each year- just make the playoffs and play who you play…I am actually hoping you guys do get in. I really don’t like many of the other teams.
I can't blame Mets fans for thinking that way, particularly after last year and particularly considering how hot the Braves are. Thanks for your good wishes. I find this Phillies team difficult to like -- I don't like teams like the Phillies that can't field and whose batters either hit home runs or strike out. But I do hope we make the playoffs, although I doubt we we will get very far. But who knows? The Phillies got hot in August of 2008, and ended up winning the World Series -- it could happen again.

I can't blame Mets fans for thinking that way, particularly after last year and particularly considering how hot the Braves are. Thanks for your good wishes. I find this Phillies team difficult to like -- I don't like teams like the Phillies that can't field and whose batters either hit home runs or strike out. But I do hope we make the playoffs, although I doubt we we will get very far. But who knows? The Phillies got hot in August of 2008, and ended up winning the World Series -- it could happen again.
I hate the makeup of your team as well this year but for some strange reason, don’t hate the team itself. Maybe that changes next time we play lol
But I can’t stand the Braves or StL. And not a fan of any of the West Coast teams.

I hate the makeup of your team as well this year but for some strange reason, don’t hate the team itself. Maybe that changes next time we play lol
But I can’t stand the Braves or StL. And not a fan of any of the West Coast teams.
Interesting. I rooted for the Braves against the Astros in the Series -- hell, I'd root for any team against the Astros. I admire the Braves' and the Dodgers' ability to build winners year in and year out. It's incredible to me how well the Braves did with their trades at the deadline last year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT