ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2022 Philadelphia Phillies Season And Post Season Thread

If we’re gonna start 6, then starters should go longer in games. If we start 5, then the starts are shorter.

Need Falter and Sanchez to stay stretched out. We should be able to get quality spot starts throughout the season and then narrow the staff to four rested arms come the playoffs.

You guys have some good starters already, if a kid can come up and break into your rotation- it would be saying a lot.

Reactions: RUScrew85
I'm skeptical. He's only 19/20. Maybe a few spot starts or a bunch of guys get hurt.

Last edited:
We have some decent depth in SP if you’re willing to start Sanchez or Falter or both. I’d like to see Painter start the season in AAA and work his way into the rotation over the course of the season if we have some injuries and/or need spot starts. That’s unless he’s awesome in Spring and clearly earns his spot in the rotation.

Reactions: RUScrew85
That sounds like very impressive stats. I always look at swing and misses. 155K's in 102 innings at any level is impressive.

With Hoskins gone for the season,Hall may become the platoon first sacker against righties.Harper could play against the lefties when he returns.Trading away Maton and Vierling may have been too risky.

With Hoskins gone for the season,Hall may become the platoon first sacker against righties.Harper could play against the lefties when he returns.Trading away Maton and Vierling may have been too risky.
I agree Hall is a real possibility at first. Has Harper ever played first base? Wouldn't it be better to switch Bohm to 1B and have Sosa, an excellent fielder, at third?

From Hoskins' standpoint, this is a terrible time to be hurt -- he is a free agent after this season and needed to do well to merit a big contract.

Reactions: TM94goRU
Nah. Hall DHs until Harper returns but still can't play the field. Move Schwarber to 1B along with some others. Put a guy in LF that can play D.

Once Harper is back in the field - Casty to LF (Assuming he isn't cut by then) Schwarber 1B Hall DH

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT