ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2024 PGA Tour thread

I just hate the ESPN coverage of golf, especially at the Masters. Doing an interview with a former NFL Player, Ryan Fitzpatrick briefly talking about the NFL while at Augusta. At least CBS takes over the weekend.

I just hate the ESPN coverage of golf, especially at the Masters. Doing an interview with a former NFL Player, Ryan Fitzpatrick briefly talking about the NFL while at Augusta. At least CBS takes over the weekend.
Why I watch masters coverage on the Masters app until weekend coverage. Follow the selected groups. Makes it so much more enjoyable. Only golf no fluff.

Agreed, although my guess is they're contractually not allowed to cover all day, which would be way better than watching all this fluff. Would be interesting to see Tiger and Phil make the cut and play together next round (Tiger's +1 and Phil's +2 and the cut will likely be +3 or +4 given the winds). Hard to imagine Scheffler not winning with the way he's playing, but you never know - wouldn't mind seeing Homa win.

Agreed, although my guess is they're contractually not allowed to cover all day, which would be way better than watching all this fluff. Would be interesting to see Tiger and Phil make the cut and play together next round (Tiger's +1 and Phil's +2 and the cut will likely be +3 or +4 given the winds). Hard to imagine Scheffler not winning with the way he's playing, but you never know - wouldn't mind seeing Homa win.
The very least they could do is possibly talk golf and certainly the Masters. The last 2 hours was all football and a shameless commercial for the upcoming draft. They even had Nick Saban on.
Agree on Homa. Looks like Tiger is safe. Would be awesome if he got paired with Phil over the weekend. That would be cool.

Nobody yipped it better than Thomas. He was even par and still in contention heading to 15............ he proceeded to go +7 over the last four holes.

That's impressive.
Wow, that's awful. Tanked the last 4 holes and missed the cut.

Nobody yipped it better than Thomas. He was even par and still in contention heading to 15............ he proceeded to go +7 over the last four holes.

That's impressive.
Harman says hello. 1sr round 34 on the front and 47 on the back 9.

Reactions: WhiteBus
Spieth, McIlroy, Thomas, and DJ are just plain terrible now. I mean godawful.

Sad, those guys seemed to be ready to take over the sport at one time.

Reactions: T2Kplus20

Didn't DJ suffer a pretty serious back injury by falling down the stairs prior to a major? I think stopped his momentum.

Why is Rory in this group? Made the cut. Has a win and 2 top 5 finishes. That’s terrible?

You can dress for cold. You can stay relatively dry in rain. You are screwed in winds up to 40 mph.

I saw Jason Day on a par 3 hit over the green in the trees. He played a provisional and did the same thing again. Rahm was getting sandblasted trying to putt. When you hit the ball as far as these guys do, lord knows where it's going to end up if it's caught by those gusts.

You can dress for cold. You can stay relatively dry in rain. You are screwed in winds up to 40 mph.

I saw Jason Day on a par 3 hit over the green in the trees. He played a provisional and did the same thing again. Rahm was getting sandblasted trying to putt. When you hit the ball as far as these guys do, lord knows where it's going to end up if it's caught by those gusts.
It’s all about shot shaping. That’s why I pick Morikawa.

I would really enjoy one of the top four winning. That last thing I want to see is one guy clearing the field with nothing on the line on the back nine Sunday afternoon. Enjoy the golf all.

It’s all about shot shaping. That’s why I pick Morikawa.
Ok, and I agree Morikowa may still have something to say come Sunday's back 9, but when you hit a ball 300 yards there's a lot of time for winds that erratic and strong to say screw your shot shaping. It also affects the spin on approach and even putts.

I admired Bryson's having the idea to play his 2nd on 13 over to the 14th fairway. I've hit shots like that only it wasn't on purpose.

Ok. Why is Thomas on that list? He won a major in 2022
I almost left him out for that, but at the end of the day the guys I called out peaked very early in their careers and were not able to sustain success at a Major Tournament level. In thomas’ case his game completely fell apart.

There was genuine buzz that McIlroy or Spieth could have been number three overall behind Tiger and Jack. Would have been great for the sport with Tiger on the way out.

I admire Tiger’s fight the first 2 days, but he’s falling apart out there. 5-over last 5 holes and spraying the ball all over the place.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT