ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2024 PGA Tour thread

OK Tiger's 14 back. Are we still going to see every shot he takes or can we cover the other guys a little?

Reactions: MadRU
Spieth, McIlroy, Thomas, and DJ are just plain terrible now. I mean godawful.

Sad, those guys seemed to be ready to take over the sport at one time.

Except for the historic greats most good PGA golfers have 3-5 years of extremely good play and then drop back into the pack for the rest of their careers.

I admire Tiger’s fight the first 2 days, but he’s falling apart out there. 5-over last 5 holes and spraying the ball all over the place.
He just can't last 4 rounds anymore. Perhaps LIV would be a good fit for him now?

Reactions: RUScrew85
Don't sleep on Xander - bogey free 70, currently just 4 shots back. Some tough sledding for Scheffler the last few holes, but still only 2 back of the 4-way tie for first (Morikawa, Homa, Aberg and Hojgaard, with Bryson 1 back). Lost more fun to come.

Spieth, McIlroy, Thomas, and DJ are just plain terrible now. I mean godawful.

Sad, those guys seemed to be ready to take over the sport at one time.
Disagree on Rory, especially, as he's had 20 top tens in majors since his last win in 2014 - sure, no wins, but he's been close very often, including three 2nds, plus he's had 23 worldwide wins since 2014.

Happy to see DeChambeau tank - never liked him. Still would like to see Homa win his first major and would really love to see Xander win his first major, although 5 strokes back and 4 people in front of him is a tall order.

Last edited:
Reactions: BossNJ
Scheffler stripes a drive on 18, throws a dart to 7 feet, and makes the putt for birdie on 18 when everyone else is praying for a par. Shows why he’s the best player in the world.

Holy crap, what a birdie by Bryson from the fairway on 18 - was thinking he was going to make another bogey, but wow that was a great shot.

Happy to see DeChambeau tank - never liked him. Still would like to see Homa win his first major and would really love to see Xander win his first major, although 5 strokes back and 4 people in front of him is a tall order.
Dechbeau played himself right back into it with one swing.

Not a fan (mostly because of his pace) but he’s got nerves of steel!

Masters TV rating will be telling if golf is loosing the COVID tailwind. It’s a good leaderboard with top names from LIV and PGA. IMHO, as things get back to normal, golf will be less popular.

I think anyone outside the top 5 has no chance. First I don't see Morikawa and Scheffler completely screwing it up. I have a feeling that one of the next 3 will have a great day as well, making it hard for the rest to get the green jacket.
Winds not as hard as Friday, Saturday but to counter that the greens have become lighting fast.
Should be a fun day to watch! (Finally)

I think anyone outside the top 5 has no chance. First I don't see Morikawa and Scheffler completely screwing it up. I have a feeling that one of the next 3 will have a great day as well, making it hard for the rest to get the green jacket.
Winds not as hard as Friday, Saturday but to counter that the greens have become lighting fast.
Should be a fun day to watch! (Finally)
I agree the leaders are too good to fall back but we have seen it twice this year. Scheffler at the Players and Hediki at Genesis.

X-factor is if Scottie's wife goes into labor. I really hope that doesn't happen (like when Rahm had to pull out of the Memorial due to COVID). Should be an exciting finish.

Last edited:
Masters TV rating will be telling if golf is loosing the COVID tailwind. It’s a good leaderboard with top names from LIV and PGA. IMHO, as things get back to normal, golf will be less popular.
Interesting point. The Master's is my favorite major (and I am probably an exception this year) but I probably have watched the least amount of coverage due to work and playing golf yesterday. The course was packed even with the wind and occasional rain. The biggest bummer is my wife signed me up to attend her best friend's birthday dinner at 3 PM today. Luckily I will be streaming the coverage.

I am hoping golf's popularity goes down to make it easier to get a tee time. I kind of sense it's getting easier, but still early in season. Also, not sure it will happen but would love to see some of the high end daily fee courses lower prices. Some have gotten ridiculous for just average courses.

X-factor is if Scottie's wife goes into labor. I really hope that doesn't happen (like when Rahm has to pull out of the Memorial due to COVID). Should be an exciting finish.
Get to the choppa!!!! That’s drama.

Why don’t they put what hole the players have completed on the leaderboard like they used to?

How about consistently putting hole, shot #, distance to pin, and club selected on the screen for all shots? It's a HD screen - there plenty of pixels now. I mean we have to resources to follow a guy 15 strokes back's every shot...

...The biggest bummer is my wife signed me up to attend her best friend's birthday dinner at 3 PM today. Luckily I will be streaming the coverage.

I am hoping golf's popularity goes down to make it easier to get a tee time. I kind of sense it's getting easier, but still early in season. Also, not sure it will happen but would love to see some of the high end daily fee courses lower prices. Some have gotten ridiculous for just average courses.

With Tigger's decline I think you'll see that. Even with the shot by shot coverage of his two efforts a year while trailing by 15. :DeadHorse: :BeatDeadHorse: As for the price of golf. Not gonna happen. Our country has decided to vote for folks who print $3T a year. Prices are going up, not down.

How about consistently putting hole, shot #, distance to pin, and club selected on the screen for all shots? It's a HD screen - there plenty of pixels now. I mean we have to resources to follow a guy 15 strokes back's every shot...
I feel like they do all of that except for club selection. People love watching past greats. That’s not just sports. Concerts are the same. More cowbells

Nobody really making a move yet with most of the leaders within a shot or so of where they were to start. Hatton is -5 for the day (and just missed a 4' birdie putt on 14), but he's only at -2, so an unlikely threat. Maybe one of the leaders gets hot on the back nine...

Back nine on Sunday at the Masters. Scheffler 8-under, Aberg 7-under, Homa 6-under, and Morikawa doubles #9 and sits at 5-under. Sets up well for an interesting finish.

This Aberg kid is impressive.

Nobody really making a move yet with most of the leaders within a shot or so of where they were to start. Hatton is -5 for the day (and just missed a 4' birdie putt on 14), but he's only at -2, so an unlikely threat. Maybe one of the leaders gets hot on the back nine...
Is Hatton the biggest crybaby in golf? I thought Jordan cries but man Terrell has never missed a shot that wasn’t due to outside sources.

Amen Corner taking its toll on players. Aberg doubled 11, Homa doubled 12, Morikawa doubled 11 (after a double at 9) and Scheffler bogeyed 11. Guys seem to be fading and leaving this one for Scheffler to take, but lots of golf left.

Amen Corner taking its toll on players. Aberg doubled 11, Homa doubled 12, Morikawa doubled 11 (after a double at 9) and Scheffler bogeyed 11. Guys seem to be fading and leaving this one for Scheffler to take, but lots of golf left.
Yep, Scheffler was the last man standing and has really finished strong. Nice to be able to play 18 with a 4 stroke lead and an opportunity to bask in the appreciation of the crowd, although I'm sure he won't let his focus down. Great win.

I was in Europe the last 3 years during the Masters. TV coverage was available but the time difference was tough to overcome when you are meeting people just past dawn and going on a ride. So you wake up early and watch the highlights. Not the same however! Enjoyed this year immensely especially today. Great win by Scotty!

Ratings appear to have been exceptional. Of course the pro-LIVers all over twitter are crowing it shows the strength of LIV but in reality, people are tuning in less to watch regular PGA and LIV events that when a major comes around, people might be more intent on watching as it's one of the few times when everyone is together.

Ratings appear to have been exceptional. Of course the pro-LIVers all over twitter are crowing it shows the strength of LIV but in reality, people are tuning in less to watch regular PGA and LIV events that when a major comes around, people might be more intent on watching as it's one of the few times when everyone is together.
It’s obviously not pro LIV or pro PGA. It’s quite simple. First, it’s the friggin Masters. And second, it’s the first time in quite awhile that we’ve been able to see all the best players in the world in the same field. THAT is what golf fans want. I really don’t understand anyone digging in their heels to defend either tour.

Masters makes everyone golf itchy. Son called me an hour ago to fill out a foursome tomorrow morning. I haven't touched a club since October. This should be REALLY ugly.

Congrats to Scotty. Great shotmaking especially the approaches on 9 and 14.

• Haha
Reactions: WhiteBus
Back nine on Sunday at the Masters. Scheffler 8-under, Aberg 7-under, Homa 6-under, and Morikawa doubles #9 and sits at 5-under. Sets up well for an interesting finish.

This Aberg kid is impressive.
Totally agree about Aberg. I started following him about two years ago as he was the top ranked amateur in the world(at Texas Tech U) Tall kid with a great swing. Hits with power but awesome accuracy, can hit very straight like fellow Sweden Annika Sorenstam. He has a unique swing. On his drives he hardly ever gets to parallel on his back swing but his hips are already moving to the tarket which creates both distance and straight drives. He was ranked in the 3000s at the beginning of last year, a product of being an amateur. He was ranked 9th coming into the Masters. Incredible story!

Last edited:
Masters makes everyone golf itchy. Son called me an hour ago to fill out a foursome tomorrow morning. I haven't touched a club since October. This should be REALLY ugly.

Congrats to Scotty. Great shotmaking especially the approaches on 9 and 14.
Stay out of the woods and water! You'll be fine! 😁

Reactions: knightfan7
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT