ADVERTISEMENT

Olympic Sports OT: Official 2024 Summer Olympics Thread (with LIVE UPDATES)

FREESTYLE WRESTLING

S
pencer Lee gets SILVER for Team USA!!! Brooks takes BRONZE!!!

....2 Golds, 1 Silver and 1 Bronze at this point.

Reactions: pele78
Men’s freestyle wrestling: Silver for Spencer Lee. Kyle Dake lost in semis earlier today and will wrestle for Bronze tomorrow. Aaron Brooks takes the Bronze.

Women's Heptahlon

Annie Hall doesn't medal. Why? Because after throwing her BEST EVER toss in the javelin, yesterday, she took a "hop" of joy (CLEARLY FOLLOWING THE THROW) which landed her feet on the penalty line and that throw was DQ'd. So she had to win the 800 today by 8-seconds to medal, over 2 other athletes, and just couldn't pull it off as THEY all ran their best 800's ever as well.

Feel awful for her. I get the rule BUT her "hop" had ZERO to do with her throw. That was just some rough bullshit IMHO.

Women's Heptahlon

Annie Hall doesn't medal. Why? Because after throwing her BEST EVER toss in the javelin, yesterday, she took a "hop" of joy (CLEARLY FOLLOWING THE THROW) which landed her feet on the penalty line and that throw was DQ'd. So she had to win the 800 today by 8-seconds to medal, over 2 other athletes, and just couldn't pull it off as THEY all ran their best 800's ever as well.

Feel awful for her. I get the rule BUT her "hop" had ZERO to do with her throw. That was just some rough bullshit IMHO.
I feel bad too, but she knows the rules, so I can't agree it's bs

The fact our 4x team can't pass a baton over a number of games now is very embarrassing for USA TF.

Spain wins gold - amazing clearance by the Spanish keeper to catch the French on a counter (think Howard vs Algeria) to score and win by 2.

Great game to watch.

Are YOU “nuts” my friend lol!

aYy1KxO_700b.jpg

France getting spanked by Spain 3-1 late

The French may actually be enjoying that.

• Haha
Reactions: AreYouNUTS
ONCE AGAIN .....TEAM USA MEN'S 4 X 100 BLOW IT (bad 1st exchange will be DQ'd)....and do it as defending world champs

Ugh, my junior and senior years in HS we would have won that event at the Passaic County relays except both years the same guy f'd up the baton exchange.

It's clear they don't practice this at all. It can't be that hard.
It’s pretty simple: use the same four guys to practice leading into the Olympics, to run in the heats, and to run in the finals. No more switching up it ****s everything up.

What an AMAZING 10K! Chick from Kenya wins after taking the 5K! 1st women to ever accomplish this feat! She's got the marathon to god!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT