ADVERTISEMENT

Olympic Sports OT: Official 2024 Summer Olympics Thread (with LIVE UPDATES)

And ANOTHER American blows a sprint they were expected to win....Lyles drop to BRONZE....Bednarek gets SILVER!!! (actually finish 2-3-4).

.....something isn't right with Lyles. Hold on. He just dropped to the ground and is struggling to catch his breath. Might be sick???

***** diagnosed with COVID 2 days ago and suffers from asthma NOW this all makes sense

Last edited:
Reactions: ashokan
WOMEN'S WATER POLO - USA loses to Australis in the semis. Another shootout. USA will have to settle for a shot at a bronze vs The Dutch after winning 3-straight Golds.

And ANOTHER American blows a sprint they were expected to win....Lyles drop to BRONZE....Bednarek gets SILVER!!! (actually finish 2-3-4).

.....something isn't right with Lyles. Hold on. He just dropped to the ground and is struggling to catch his breath. Might be sick???

There were articles from yesterday and this morning saying he might be sick.
He's known to have asthma and some other things

Reactions: AreYouNUTS

Covid. Had seen him wearing a mask earlier

WOMEN'S WATER POLO - USA loses to Australis in the semis. Another shootout. USA will have to settle for a shot at a bronze vs The Dutch after winning 3-straight Golds.
It's a hard way to go out in a shootout. Regroup quickly to get a medal in next match.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
Curry keeping this from being a big lead for Serbia. This is not going to be an easy win, especially with Serbia playing really good defense.

Reactions: BigLou
Thank you Nuts for these updates. I can’t watch while I’m at work. But I will still watch when I get home at night even though I know the outcome. Your enthusiasm is awesome.
Luckily it's August....unluckily "August" means "very little business"....so I'm just working from my home and watching until I have appointments, which tend to be in the evening right now, and there's nothing "new" to report.

....but thank you and you're very welcome!

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!! Sydney Mcglaughlin-Levrone takes the 400H in WORLD RECORD (by .6 that's 6/10th's of a second....crazy!!!) time with nobody near her!!! Cockrill takes the SILVER as well!!!
Sydney could be our next Carl Lewis … she has the talent to be on the podium for the 200 and 400 this year if she chose to compete! She may start running additional events going forward… and she has 2 more Olympics while still in her prime!

PS - (New Jersey’s own) she grew up less than 6 miles away from the RAC

US had cut it to 6, but a 9-0 Serbia run to close out the half against mostly 2nd team US guys who have done nothing (6 bench points) to put Serbia up 15 and then the US gets the last bucket of the 3Q. 76-63 Serbia, Not good.

Tara Davis-Woodhall is pretty nice.
She and Gabby Thomas should get their own TV show

Reactions: pele78
US had cut it to 6, but a 9-0 Serbia run to close out the half against mostly 2nd team US guys who have done nothing (6 bench points) to put Serbia up 15 and then the US gets the last bucket of the 3Q. 76-63 Serbia, Not good.
Wow, US quickly has cut it to 5, 78-73 with 7+ minutes left and Jokic just picked up his 4th foul (only get 5).

Curry game MVP with 36/8/2 and 9-14 from deep, as well as the last 2 points of the game at the line to put the US up 4, 95-91. Game over, but the US got a little lucky to win this one, although having said that, if this team could find a way to bring that 4Q defensive intensity for most of a game, we'd blow everyone out.

This may sound odd, but I think larger team sports, like hoops, soccer, handball, etc. ought to count for at least 2 medals, given the number of athletes involved. I'm sure it'll never happen, but food for thought.

Curry game MVP with 36/8/2 and 9-14 from deep, as well as the last 2 points of the game at the line to put the US up 4, 95-91. Game over, but the US got a little lucky to win this one, although having said that, if this team could find a way to bring that 4Q defensive intensity for most of a game, we'd blow everyone out.
Serbia rope a doped the US in the exhibition. They brought their A game today. Vintage Curry.

Not the Olympics but pretty instructive sports wise - topp 100 crosfit dude drowns at finish line with everybody watching

This may sound odd, but I think larger team sports, like hoops, soccer, handball, etc. ought to count for at least 2 medals, given the number of athletes involved. I'm sure it'll never happen, but food for thought.
WTF? No. Hard stop.

I’m hoping that this game is just what we needed before a tough game against France for the gold. We were a little complacent today since we didn’t play our best to start off the first game vs. Serbia but still blew them out. This was a much different Serbia team today.

Reactions: RU848789
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT