ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Orange is the New Lose

Eight sacks contributed to their QB having 11 carries for -42 yards, canceling out the 42 from their one RB that actually was given a handoff.

Syracuse under Babers:
4-8
4-8
10-3, won the Camping World bowl - that's a very solid season
5-7
1-10
5-7
7-6, lost the Pinstripe Bowl
4-4 Remaining schedule: BC at home (next Friday); Pitt at Yankee Stadium; at Georgia Tech; Wake Forest at home

I'm told that those kind of numbers aren't important.
They're really not. The only things that matter is the final score and the W-L records. Here's some perspective from the Big 12 on yards from another thread about VT's QB Drones. Sorry to quote myself.

Drones transferred in from Baylor (there 2021 and 2022). Three star recruit with a very solid offer list.

Wells transferred into VT a year earlier from Marshall, where he had a solid year in 2021 (3532 passing yards), but his TD/INT ratio was 16/13. Last year at tech, he had a 9/9 TD/INT ratio. His completion percentage at Marshall in 2021 was 66.3%, but that fell to 53.2% this year.

Baylor went with Blake Shapen over Drones, and he has been fairly reliable, and Baylor has 400 passing yards/game, but Baylor is near the bottom of the Big 12 in points/game. In Big 12 games, they score only 22 points/game, where top teams are at 35 points per game.

Interesting, UCF leads Big 12 in 500 passing yards/game, but they are 0-4 in conference. 🤷‍♂️

Those last 4 games Cuse has, they all suck. They could find a way to win 2 and get to bowl eligibility.

the only thing more miserable than their football team or school is Syracuse city itself.

We turned the Acc down before we went to the B1G. Best move Rutgers ever made.
Is that how it went down? I thought we weren't asked and ended up in that scrub league for a year and then the BIG came calling. I don't know I am just asking.

Is that how it went down? I thought we weren't asked and ended up in that scrub league for a year and then the BIG came calling. I don't know I am just asking.

this is the first time I ever heard RU being offered and turning down the ACC.

if true it wasnt made public because this board would have absolutely melted-down NUCLEAR-STYLE if RU turned down the ACC at that particular time.

thus, I doubt the vailidity of this

if true it wasnt made public because this board would have absolutely melted-down NUCLEAR-STYLE if RU turned down the ACC at that particular time.

It did not go down publically like that. But we knew we were getting in at the time the ACC expanded and so did the ACC. Bank on that. Conference expansion is always done behind the scenes. The ground work is always laid well before it is made official.

As fans, we were looking for a life raft because the big east fell apart

I would have jumped at the ACC, no questions asked

What I did not know was that the big ten was making the beginnings of their move on us

So, we had the in between time of the ACC expanding without us, and the RU fans twisting in the wind, the big ten moving slowly

It's also my understanding that Rutgers knew they were next in line for Big Ten expansion for two or three years before it actually happened. Obviously they couldnt go public with that

It's also my understanding that Rutgers knew they were next in line for Big Ten expansion for two or three years before it actually happened. Obviously they couldnt go public with that
definitely not true

Rough night for Sewercuse fans such as shellbee
Shelby is not a Cuse fan. Strange how invented falsehoods become perception. He’s mostly indifferent about the Orange in football, only rooting for them when they play teams he truly does not like at all, like ND or Clemson. Shelby likes when blue bloods lose.

Shelby absolutely never roots for Cuse hoops. He despises Jimmy B. The only basketball things he’s ever liked coming out of there were #31 (RIP) and #3 35 years ago.

RU was never offered and turned down the ACC. That was malicious rumor started by a guy here whose wife worked in the Athletic office and then propagated by areyounuts. forget the other poster

I told everyone it was bs, even battled the old owner but alas, I was right as we found out when history validated and articles confirmed.

lol, you think if offered we'd of said no? We din't know about BIG till 6hrs before first PUBLIC announcement.

there was a lot that happened

RU was never offered and turned down the ACC. That was malicious rumor started by a guy here whose wife worked in the Athletic office and then propagated by areyounuts. forget the other poster

I told everyone it was bs, even battled the old owner but alas, I was right as we found out when history validated and articles confirmed.

lol, you think if offered we'd of said no? We din't know about BIG till 6hrs before first PUBLIC announcement.

there was a lot that happened

I can’t imagine RU would have said no to the ACC at that time - being stuck in the waste land of the AAC and we said “no” to relative life raft (at the time) of the ACC?!?

Yeah, no.

Only would have been remotely possible if the Big10 thing was absolutely 100% in the bag

Fwiw I don’t even remember the discussion on here (but I did some time off for a while so not sure if the timing coincided with my self-imposed time away from this board)

Reactions: angmo
I can’t imagine RU would have said no to the ACC at that time - being stuck in the waste land of the AAC and we said “no” to relative life raft (at the time) of the ACC?!?

Yeah, no.

Only would have been remotely possible if the Big10 thing was absolutely 100% in the bag

Fwiw I don’t even remember the discussion on here (but I did some time off for a while so not sure if the timing coincided with my self-imposed time away from this board)
At the time, the ACC would have been viewed as favorably or even moreso than the B1G by most RU people.

completely revisionist history. We weren’t turning down anything

Yeah, no.

I don't know if any of you remember that time but I was arguing with near the whole board. It was nuts and they all were in on it when that guy (I forget his handle) and nuts drove it hard. It was all bs and he either outright lied or misheard something and then he ran with it, then the rest was history. lol

to even think we'd turn down an ACC invite or were told by the BIG that were next in line 3yrs prior is absurd. People here really are that dumb it seems. There is very little common sense any longer

I remember directly refuting many things only to be validated, my friend worked in BIG office.

who really cares, we are where we belong and we are BIG!

Reactions: RedTeam1994

Yeah, no.

We wouldn’t have said no if the ACC officially offered. But I do think it’s possible the ACC knew the BIG would be coming after Rutgers and decided to pouch Syracuse. I can’t see why they would’ve picked them over us in the first place other than hoops at that time which don’t drive the boat.

Reactions: RedTeam1994
I don't know if any of you remember that time but I was arguing with near the whole board. It was nuts and they all were in on it when that guy (I forget his handle) and nuts drove it hard. It was all bs and he either outright lied or misheard something and then he ran with it, then the rest was history. lol

to even think we'd turn down an ACC invite or were told by the BIG that were next in line 3yrs prior is absurd. People here really are that dumb it seems. There is very little common sense any longer

I remember directly refuting many things only to be validated, my friend worked in BIG office.

who really cares, we are where we belong and we are BIG!

Sounds like Ron Jeremy.

At the time, the ACC would have been viewed as favorably or even moreso than the B1G by most RU people.

I agree that at that time most RU people would have been absolutely ecstatic to get an ACC invite. Myself included

With that said I think you’re totally wrong that most RU fans would have viewed it as favorably or more favorable than a BIG invite. Just No way.

Even back then the ACC (while light years better than the Big East and AAC) was viewed as a bit unstable (UNC UVA to BIG? ; Clemson FSU to SEC?) whereas the BIG has always been perceived as unquestionably solid

If anything I think many here (including myself) considered the BIG to be a pipe dream so perhaps didn’t get it much thought. But a BIG invite would always would been 1000% preferable to any other conference (including the ACC)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT