ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Seastreak Ferry Atlantic Highlands

newell138

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2001
Ocean City NJ via South Brunswick and Denville
Anyone take the ferry into Manhattan? Plan on taking the 8:55 Friday morning to visit the 911 memorial and was wondering if they sell out or not? Just wondering how early I need to get there to ensure we get on the boat since you can't purchase tickets online.

Same question for the return trip, I'm worried with all those bennies from Staten Island coming to the Jersey Shore on a Friday night if it will be sold out.

Last edited:
Anyone take the ferry into Manhattan? Plan on taking it Friday morning to visit the 911 memorial and was wondering if they sell out or not? Just wondering how early I need to get there to ensure we get on the boat since you can't purchase tickets online.

Same question for the return trip, I'm worried with all those bennies from Staten Island coming to the Jersey Shore on a Friday night if it will be sold out.
I don't think it stops in SI?

Anyone take the ferry into Manhattan? Plan on taking it Friday morning to visit the 911 memorial and was wondering if they sell out or not? Just wondering how early I need to get there to ensure we get on the boat since you can't purchase tickets online.

You will have no problem in the morning. Get there 15 minutes before the boat boards. The afternoon might have priority boarding. Meaning monthly holders will get preference in case the boat sells out, which is uncommon. You should be fine.

Reactions: newell138
I take the boat every day. It's been brutally crowded this summer, as bad as i remember seeing it my past few years commuting. Usually on Friday's the commuter crowd thins out a bit so you should be fine to get on board Friday morning. Coming home may be a question, not sure which boat home you're targeting but the 4:40 and 5:30 will most likely be priority boarding and packed. If you have a day trip you'll be back of the line and risk not getting on. 5:30 boat is bigger and has more space than 4:40.

Any other questions let me know

They don't mix. LOL

And if they are on your boat you'll certainty be able to pick them out.

https://images.app.goo.gl/zjkzsVhBG5wM2wyc9
zjkzsVhBG5wM2wyc9

How many vessels do they run each day?Does Seastreak make money?

They run thirteen trips to and from NYC each day. I think they use 2 boats. Cost about $675 per month (20 round trips I think) each boat carries about 500 people.

Last edited:
At most, 2 more summers until South Amboy Seastreak starts up (doubt it will be complete next summer). Looking forward to it.

They are setting up for road/entrance/utility improvements on main street now. Terminal should start construction in 2020.

southamboyferryterminal-1543850079-1981.jpg

Try NY Waterway in Belford if Seastreak doesn’t work. Very rarely do you not get on. Big boats are the 5:30 and 6:15 on the way back to Belford. Smaller boats are 5:00 and 7:15. There’s also a 4 and 4:30 but not sure which boat.

Anyone take the ferry into Manhattan? Plan on taking the 8:55 Friday morning to visit the 911 memorial and was wondering if they sell out or not? Just wondering how early I need to get there to ensure we get on the boat since you can't purchase tickets online.

like others have said if you take the "late":55 on Friday morning you will be fine. Coming home on the 4:40 or 5:30 you can run into the priority boarding issue.

At most, 2 more summers until South Amboy Seastreak starts up (doubt it will be complete next summer). Looking forward to it.

They are setting up for road/entrance/utility improvements on main street now. Terminal should start construction in 2020.

southamboyferryterminal-1543850079-1981.jpg

They had a ferry for a while. I remember because I took it for a week long training class. Guess it was mid 2Ks

like others have said if you take the "late":55 on Friday morning you will be fine. Coming home on the 4:40 or 5:30 you can run into the priority boarding issue.

Parking for the 8:55 can be bad some days not usually Friday but worth getting there early.

They had a ferry for a while. I remember because I took it for a week long training class. Guess it was mid 2Ks

yes, after 9/11 they had a temporary floating dock for a ferry that was state funded. The City has been trying to put in a permanent dock/terminal ever since.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT