ADVERTISEMENT

OT: WAC Adding Two New Division 1 Teams

HeavenUniv.

Hall of Famer
Sep 21, 2004
The Western Athletic Conference is adding two schools who are moving up to Division 1 for all sports (Football will be as Division1-AA independents). Without looking it up, in what states are Dixie State and Tarleton State located? I knew where Tarleton was, but not familiar with Dixie.

The school I attended, Bellarmine, a Franciscan college in Louisville will be D-1 in September 2020 and will be in the same league as NJIT. They have been in the TOP 10 of D-2 for every year for over at least the last 10 years. They won the D-2 National Championship in 2011 and I think have been in the Final Four of D-2 for at least 4-5 times. They have been D-1 in lacrosse for about 10-15 years. They use to beat Northern Kentucky twice almost every year and Northern Kentucky has done decent in D-1 for several years now.

Dallas-Fort Worth area is somewhat near Stephenville. Part of the Texas A&M System. Famous alumnus George Kennedy. Stadium holds 9,000 with a large press box. Basketball holds 2,400 which is actually bigger than some current Division 1 schools. Teams are called the Texans for guys and the TexAnns for girls. Logo is purple and kind of looks like the T of Texas A&M-College Station without the A&M part. Probably another Texas university that is exploding in Enrollment like UTSA, Texas State, and Texas A&M-San Antonio.Has 13,000 students with satellite campuses in Fort Worth, Waco, and Midlothian.

Last edited:
Would love to see a Transfer Portal University come in to existence that populates its Division 1 ball teams with transfers, only, with guaranteed money for appearances and likenesses used in ads.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT