ADVERTISEMENT

Parker, Barber, and Jeune sisters transferring

RU had 15 returning scholarship players for 2017 plus at least 2 incoming recruits....do the math, the NCAA only allows 15 scholarship players per year....some players were encouraged to leave to make room on the roster & anyone who watched the interaction of Jeune & Barber on the sidelines with the coaches had a good idea they would be leaving.

RU had 15 returning scholarship players for 2017 plus at least 2 incoming recruits....do the math, the NCAA only allows 15 scholarship players per year....some players were encouraged to leave to make room on the roster & anyone who watched the interaction of Jeune & Barber on the sidelines with the coaches had a good idea they would be leaving.
players coming in, players going out this is alike to a playground picup team, hobbs has to step in

Reactions: Esipos1
Those transfers won't affect next year's record. Until the NCAA bans the use of male practice players, only the first 7 or 8 players matter. How much run do you think the women on the second unit get? Who knows? Maybe that's part of the problem at RU the last few years -- does CVS attract a good enough roster of males from the student body?

Three of the four departing would not be in the rotation and the transfer of the other one may be a chemistry upgrade.

Pray for a tremendous season so that CVS gets to 1,000 between the regular season and NIT and then the program (and budget) can be re-booted.

why leave now???
April 12 is signing day and there may be , other than Wright and Gilles, a need for 2 roster spots

Who are we making room for? We need impact players next season to save cvs. Sorry to say it but the rojos and the returnees aren't going to cut it. Not saying they aren't talented but another 500 season isn't going to get her too 1000. It's clear now that no top 10 player is going to sign here. Cvs seems to love signing ineligible players. Is this the case as well this season? It's not the players that need to go it's the head coach.

It says in your signature that everyone must support Chris Ash. Can you please explain what he has accomplished at Rutgers compared to C. Vivian Stringer, who led the women's basketball program to the National Championship game? Thanks in advance.

My signature has absolutely nothing to do with this thread nor with Chris Ash. Move along.

Reactions: rubaseball78

yeah I bet she ran Parker out the door...good lord...do you actually believe the spin...there are players on the team that give nothing that will not play next year...Parker and even Jeune who was a prized CVS recruit were not among them

and if CVS was running a transfer out the door who only played one year, thats major shame on her...yet her supporters believe that the transfers she is bringing in next year will lead this team to 20 plus wins and a NCAA appearance...too funny the spin today

Those transfers won't affect next year's record. Until the NCAA bans the use of male practice players, only the first 7 or 8 players matter. How much run do you think the women on the second unit get? Who knows? Maybe that's part of the problem at RU the last few years -- does CVS attract a good enough roster of males from the student body?

Three of the four departing would not be in the rotation and the transfer of the other one may be a chemistry upgrade.

Pray for a tremendous season so that CVS gets to 1,000 between the regular season and NIT and then the program (and budget) can be re-booted.

pretty much false...3 of the 4 players would be in the rotation

And the excuses begin! What's gonna be the excuse when she doesn't get to 1000 wins after two more seasons?

3 of the top 4 leading scores just left the team and you're telling me these girls were told to leave? Or hinted to leave? LOL!

Last edited:
It bothers me to see someone repeatedly attacking a Rutgers coach and actively rooting against the program. I am extremely grateful to Coach Stringer for all she has done for our university and the sport as a whole. She has earned the right to coach the remainder of her contract if she so chooses.

I've seen the way she's grabbed sanders during the games and I've always hated it when she'd yell at Parker despite her efforts on both ends on the floor. On top of that she isn't winning. I respect her accolades, but I can't continue to root for someone like this. I'm here for the girls and I will always root for them. Staying respectful, she needs to retire. Cvs doesn't have the right to coach next years team. It would be the worst decision Rutgers WBB will ever make. These girls deserve better. CVS isn't cutting it anymore.

It bothers me to see someone repeatedly attacking a Rutgers coach and actively rooting against the program. I am extremely grateful to Coach Stringer for all she has done for our university and the sport as a whole. She has earned the right to coach the remainder of her contract if she so chooses.

Here we go again with the nonsense. Exactly who is "attacking" Coach Stringer?

Also, you've told us multiple times that are a "BRAND NEW" poster on these boards, yet, you're already accusing others of"repeatedly attacking?? How would you know?

Shrita was a starter, even if it was because of Tyler’s injury, and should be considered a major loss.
Can’t claim otherwise when someone made the honorable mention list when talking about the All B1G team.
Even if Parker didn’t start next year, RU would benefit from her play when she came in to replace a starter.

Aliyah started 22 games, had some good games but not a player that would be hard to replace. But still a loss .
Her sister Ashli shouldn’t be considered a loss and whoever takes her place probably will be more valuable.
Ashli’s leaving isn't a real concern and her sister’s transferring might not be as bad as it seems.
I’ll call it a wash and addition by subtracting one sister with the other sister’s loss not that bad. Losing the Jeune sisters , no big deal.

Kandiss started 19 games and was second leading scorer. That really isn’t much the way the team played , but I think losing her is a loss and Barber would have made the bench stronger next year if she didn’t start.
I’d call her transferring a loss, but not a major one.
More in the line of someone who knows their minutes will get smaller and leaving for a place where they won’t.

All in all with those that sat because of injuries or transfer rules and such, RU WBB won’t be as helpless as some are trying to make it out to be in their never ending effort to claim the sky will fall if CVS returns and she’s the cause of everything that has gone wrong, will go wrong and might go wrong.
That said, I won’t claim these transfers was something that can be considered a plus .
Hopefully those who sat last season will make these transfers look better for the team than it looks now.

Watching the post game news conferences, CVS's body language and whining is getting old. She really looks tired of the grind and the high expectations. I often wonder how 19 and 20 year old players react to all the negativity?
Not just general negativity but constant finger-pointing and blaming others. Why would any player/fan be attracted to her (absence of) leadership skills at this point in her career?

Interested to see where those 4 wind up and how they finish out their careers, if for no other reason than to see how they play in a different system.

I still can't believe that there's any doubt what needs to be done in this situation. C Viv needs to go, ASAP.

I honestly don't care if they let her play out the final year but if she gets an extension so 1500 fans can watch her get 1,000 wins, Hobbs is out of his mind.

Reactions: rumidman and rimsky
I sit behind the bench and am frankly shocked at the abusive language that is used.

As a student athlete, the worst language I ever heard out of my coach's mouth was 'rats'.

Reactions: rimsky
I've seen the way she's grabbed sanders during the games and I've always hated it when she'd yell at Parker despite her efforts on both ends on the floor. On top of that she isn't winning. I respect her accolades, but I can't continue to root for someone like this. I'm here for the girls and I will always root for them. Staying respectful, she needs to retire. Cvs doesn't have the right to coach next years team. It would be the worst decision Rutgers WBB will ever make. These girls deserve better. CVS isn't cutting it anymore.
Last year was going to be bad. Everyone knew that from the get go. Here are our records for the 6 years prior to 16/17:
15/16 = 19-14
14/15 = 23-10
13/14 = 28-9 WNIT champs
12/13 = 16-14
11/12 = 22-10
10/11 = 20-13
That's 128 wins and 70 losses, so to say she isn't winning is ridiculous. I will agree that we are not beating top teams any longer, but this program isn't close to being a cesspool as one poster stated (don't remember who since I put him on ignore as soon as I read that asinine statement). Also, the way you want her to treat her players sounds exactly like the way I treated 6-8 grade girls that I coached. That is not the same as I would have treated high school or college players. If they're afraid to be yelled at, they're going to have a hard time finding a college whose coach doesn't yell.

Last year was going to be bad. Everyone knew that from the get go. Here are our records for the 6 years prior to 16/17:
15/16 = 19-14
14/15 = 23-10
13/14 = 28-9 WNIT champs
12/13 = 16-14
11/12 = 22-10
10/11 = 20-13
That's 128 wins and 70 losses, so to say she isn't winning is ridiculous. I will agree that we are not beating top teams any longer, but this program isn't close to being a cesspool as one poster stated (don't remember who since I put him on ignore as soon as I read that asinine statement). Also, the way you want her to treat her players sounds exactly like the way I treated 6-8 grade girls that I coached. That is not the same as I would have treated high school or college players. If they're afraid to be yelled at, they're going to have a hard time finding a college whose coach doesn't yell.

this year was bad because she didnt recruit, even with Tyler its a 500 team that is on her. The decline is quite evident...one NCAA in 5 years!

this year was bad because she didnt recruit, even with Tyler its a 500 team that is on her. The decline is quite evident...one NCAA in 5 years!
15/16 = 19-14
14/15 = 23-10
13/14 = 28-9 WNIT champs
12/13 = 16-14
11/12 = 22-10
10/11 = 20-13

No she isn't winning. My mistake which year did she win a National Championship? 6-8 grade, 10-12th, the darn NBA no one deserves to be spoken to and treated how she treats her players. It disgust me that you'd even defend her actions.
Since you've brought it up. Let's discuss next years team.
CVS can't develop post, they leave as they came. If they came as great post they left great. If they were average post they leave as average post. This is the same result with this years post.
What's the status with scaife? Is she even healthy to play this year?
The rojos transferee left their schools for a reason in my opinion. And it's even more questionable that they picked Rutgers.
The returnees from last season didn't do well with the cvs offense.

With so much uncertainty, how can one not assume the same turnout.

Doing the same thing over again and expecting different results. Not how the world works my friends.

Last edited:
Reactions: RizwranIII
Shrita was a starter, even if it was because of Tyler’s injury, and should be considered a major loss.
Can’t claim otherwise when someone made the honorable mention list when talking about the All B1G team.
Even if Parker didn’t start next year, RU would benefit from her play when she came in to replace a starter.

Aliyah started 22 games, had some good games but not a player that would be hard to replace. But still a loss .
Her sister Ashli shouldn’t be considered a loss and whoever takes her place probably will be more valuable.
Ashli’s leaving isn't a real concern and her sister’s transferring might not be as bad as it seems.
I’ll call it a wash and addition by subtracting one sister with the other sister’s loss not that bad. Losing the Jeune sisters , no big deal.

Kandiss started 19 games and was second leading scorer. That really isn’t much the way the team played , but I think losing her is a loss and Barber would have made the bench stronger next year if she didn’t start.
I’d call her transferring a loss, but not a major one.
More in the line of someone who knows their minutes will get smaller and leaving for a place where they won’t.

All in all with those that sat because of injuries or transfer rules and such, RU WBB won’t be as helpless as some are trying to make it out to be in their never ending effort to claim the sky will fall if CVS returns and she’s the cause of everything that has gone wrong, will go wrong and might go wrong.
That said, I won’t claim these transfers was something that can be considered a plus .
Hopefully those who sat last season will make these transfers look better for the team than it looks now.

I didn't know you were an assistant/head coach at the school. How can 4 transferring ever look good for a team. It seems like everyone is attempting to cover up the real problem. The Solution isn't to count on next years team. The solution is to get rid of cvs.

I didn't know you were an assistant/head coach at the school. How can 4 transferring ever look good for a team. It seems like everyone is attempting to cover up the real problem. The Solution isn't to count on next years team. The solution is to get rid of cvs.
I know my post was a bit long, but I suggest you read it before claiming I said something I didn't.
After saying ( approximately) it's not going to be as bad as the doom and gloomers want you to think I put this in ( exact words):
"That said, I won’t claim these transfers was something that can be considered a plus"
If you want to criticize what I said do it, but have the common courtesy to get what you're criticizing right.
"Shrita was a starter, even if it was because of Tyler’s injury, and should be considered a major loss." don't have to be in coaching to feel that.

I also said :"Aliyah started 22 games, had some good games but not a player that would be hard to replace. But still a loss ."
Amend the loss part later by implying sister leaving lessened the loss

Does this fit your description of my making the transfers look good:
"Kandiss started 19 games and was second leading scorer. That really isn’t much the way the team played , but I think losing her is a loss and Barber would have made the bench stronger next year if she didn’t start.
I’d call her transferring a loss, but not a major one."

I don't mind being told I'm wrong but do mind when the person don't know what their talking about and adds a petty insult .

I know my post was a bit long, but I suggest you read it before claiming I said something I didn't.
After saying ( approximately) it's not going to be as bad as the doom and gloomers want you to think I put this in ( exact words):
"That said, I won’t claim these transfers was something that can be considered a plus"
If you want to criticize what I said do it, but have the common courtesy to get what you're criticizing right.
"Shrita was a starter, even if it was because of Tyler’s injury, and should be considered a major loss." don't have to be in coaching to feel that.

I also said :"Aliyah started 22 games, had some good games but not a player that would be hard to replace. But still a loss ."
Amend the loss part later by implying sister leaving lessened the loss

Does this fit your description of my making the transfers look good:
"Kandiss started 19 games and was second leading scorer. That really isn’t much the way the team played , but I think losing her is a loss and Barber would have made the bench stronger next year if she didn’t start.
I’d call her transferring a loss, but not a major one."

I don't mind being told I'm wrong but do mind when the person don't know what their talking about and adds a petty insult .

Going through the list of young ladies implying whether or not their departure is a loss to the team or not is where you're wrong. You loss four players with different roles. You're a fan like myself looking from the outside. The "insult" was a simple fact. you aren't a coach speaking from with in. You're a spectator voicing your opinion based off what you see. I am sorry if this offended you. I won't go through each of them like monetary compensation validating their worth to the RU family. In my book, they are ALL a big loss. i will always root for my girls so be prepared to defend your post.

Going through the list of young ladies implying whether or not their departure is a loss to the team or not is where you're wrong. You loss four players with different roles. You're a fan like myself looking from the outside. The "insult" was a simple fact. you aren't a coach speaking from with in. You're a spectator voicing your opinion based off what you see. I am sorry if this offended you. I won't go through each of them like monetary compensation validating their worth to the RU family. In my book, they are ALL a big loss. i will always root for my girls so be prepared to defend your post.
Sounds good .
I was talking about the transfers like a fan and expressing my opinion on each transfer, rather than generalize on all 4 leaving.

Reactions: dmd78
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT