ADVERTISEMENT

Parker, Barber, and Jeune sisters transferring

Yes, they can, and they're all laughing at you right now. Just like last week.

Feel free to continue your week attempts at making me look like a bad guy. It's comical.
Nuts...RU Florida is respectively, living in never never land. This is one of the most devastating things to ever happen in RU sports history. WE just lost 3 probable starters for next year.

And it wasn't like we were going to be gang-busters next year anyway even w Tyler. Now not only posters, but players are telling CVS that it is time to go.

Would any even good recruit be attracted to RU now?

She must leave or be let go now for the sake of the SURVIVAL of the program. But I doubt she will ever admit her run has come to an end.

I really wish she would leave on her own so her truly great achievements will not be shadowed by an inevitable ugly ending.

CVS...mainly for the program and also for your legacy...retire (not resign) today...Please!!

"RizwranIII, post: 2693026, member: 34390"] This is one of the most devastating things to ever happen in RU sports history. WE just lost 3 probable starters for next year.

None of the 4 who are leaving would be a starter next year, your hatred for CViv has clouded your ability to tell the truth.

Reactions: ScarletteK80
This all started when we lost the 3 coaches all who played for CVS and now 4 players. Something smells rotten in Piscataway.
I doubt it. They saw the writing on the wall

Nuts...RU Florida is respectively, living in never never land. This is one of the most devastating things to ever happen in RU sports history. WE just lost 3 probable starters for next year.

And it wasn't like we were going to be gang-busters next year anyway even w Tyler. Now not only posters, but players are telling CVS that it is time to go.

Would any even good recruit be attracted to RU now?

She must leave or be let go now for the sake of the SURVIVAL of the program. But I doubt she will ever admit her run has come to an end.

I really wish she would leave on her own so her truly great achievements will not be shadowed by an inevitable ugly ending.

CVS...mainly for the program and also for your legacy...retire (not resign) today...Please!!
None of them was going to the start next season. Maybe Parker but that's a stretch.

Folks, it took me awhile to get through this thread, so I apologize for the late entry, but could you please try to discuss the situation without the personal attacks on each other? Yes, the transfers out are bad news on top of a bad season, so I've tried to give everyone some slack, but some of the back and forth in this thread is just plain petty. Feel free to disagree with each other, but try to stay classy and not insult each other, okay? Thanks.

My 2 cents on the situation: I think it's possible that Parker was the only player who would see significant minutes next season. I agree with some comments above that some of the departures could have been due to "the writing on the wall" and perhaps even encouraged by the coaching staff, but that's just my opinion based upon stats and observations rather than any inside knowledge.

Reactions: RUInFlorida

this is wrong..how do you know that. Parker is a possible starter and at worst would contribute major minutes....an upperclassmen with leadership. Keep counting on a million transfers that deliver you a successful season next year...you are pure spinning. CVS also lost her prize recruit Jeune who was a bust anyway. Barber was here for one year...now you say oooh it doesnt matter, then why was she here anyhow. All of this just more evidence of her decline

Coaches nudge players out all the time for various reasons. I don't think that was the case for Shrita, but i can see that being the reason for some of the other transfers. Anyway you cut it, the transfer of Shrita and to a certain extent Aliyah Jeune were losses but some of the others can be argued that they wouldn't have seen much playing time.

what was his name before or does he still have a few

Not 100% sure yet. Spanky thinks it's Tony, however, I don't. This poster reminds me a lot of another poster who constantly said that I was attacking him, constantly complained about my cursing, constantly reported me to the mods for doing so, and constantly brought up my post count. If I recall correctly it's the same poster said he was moving to Florida and "wouldn't have time for Rutgers anymore" and shortly there after we stopped hearing from him.

Not 100% sure yet. Spanky thinks it's Tony, however, I don't. This poster reminds me a lot of another poster who constantly said that I was attacking him, constantly complained about my cursing, constantly reported me to the mods for doing so, and constantly brought up my post count. If I recall correctly it's the same poster said he was moving to Florida and "wouldn't have time for Rutgers anymore" and shortly there after we stopped hearing from him.
Both of you are 100% wrong, as I've never posted on this site before March 7. But if you've been having conflicts with previous posters, maybe it's time to look in the mirror? Just wanted to give you some unsolicited advice since you haven't hesitated to extend me the same courtesy. Have a nice day!

Reactions: Loyal-Son
Both of you are 100% wrong, as I've never posted on this site before March 7. But if you've been having conflicts with previous posters, maybe it's time to look in the mirror? Just wanted to give you some unsolicited advice since you haven't hesitated to do the same for me. Have a nice day!

If I had a nickel for every time a new poster said that they've "never posted here before, " only to find out the opposite is true, I'd be able to pay for all upgrades needed to keep THE RAC for another 30 years.

I have mixed emotions about the transfers and CVS. Individually the only loss I see is Parker and I think the losing the Juene sisters is a blessing in disguise. But losing four players concerns me for whatever the reason is. I think Parker would have played major minutes and Barber is decent off the bench. For whatever reason CVS lost three assistants, to me that is a bigger concern. It appears that CVS is difficult to play for...anytime anyone makes a mistake they are looking over their shoulder. I have had coaches that yelled a lot but they also gave encouragement. I love Coach P's style. He knows how to yell and is always encouraging the players. CVS has done a lot for RU, at times it was the only decent program at RU. Hopefully next year will be better and I will be at the games rooting the team on. The game may have passed CVS but she still can coach the question is can she get top recruits and develop any more. We will see what she has up her sleeve on signing day.

For whatever reason CVS lost three assistants, to me that is a bigger concern. It appears that CVS is difficult to play for...anytime anyone makes a mistake they are looking over their shoulder. I have had coaches that yelled a lot but they also gave encouragement.
I don't believe Tasha, Chelsea and Tia left because they didn't want to work with CVS any longer. I believe Julie Herman was responsible for them leaving. As for being difficult to play for, well Geno, Kim Mulkey, Dawn Staley, etc. are all pretty demanding and can use some salty language. Many players today seem to be more sensitive and have an entitled attitude that generations past did not seem to share. I don't think I am alone in that assessment as I have heard Geno, for one, echo those thoughts. Rather than trying to persevere, they are quicker to quit and try somewhere else. The amount of transfers in recent years keeps increasing. I read today that now two Ohio State players are transferring too - McCoy and Lewis, both leaving after just one year with the program.

I am completely disgusted by some of you posters. Stop insulting these ladies. Opinion is an opinion, but some of you are bashing these players and that's flat out wrong.
Absolutely disgusting.

LOL 3 of our top 4 scorers!!!
Again because she HAD to play them. Had she had her full rosters including the transfers none of you would be saying this. What part don't you guys understand?

Again because she HAD to play them. Had she had her full rosters including the transfers none of you would be saying this. What part don't you guys understand?
I can't say 3 of the 4 aren't loses, but you could be right thinking those three might have sat more.
My own opinion is : Parker probably would have earned quality playing time even with a full roster.The others maybe not, but I think there's a chance Barber could have helped off the bench if she couldn't grab a starting spot.
The Jeune sisters transferring I believe is tied into one of them not expecting to see any time so both decided to go. So unless someone thinks Ashli should start or be given quality minutes, their transfers shouldn't be a problem.

Ashli was not going to get many minutes so it makes sense for them to transfer out. Now they may wind up in the same position where they transfer to but that's their issue. Parker could've been the 5th starter or the 6th woman. Kansas did not impress me at all this season, so I don't see her as a big loss.

I don't believe Tasha, Chelsea and Tia left because they didn't want to work with CVS any longer. I believe Julie Herman was responsible for them leaving. As for being difficult to play for, well Geno, Kim Mulkey, Dawn Staley, etc. are all pretty demanding and can use some salty language. Many players today seem to be more sensitive and have an entitled attitude that generations past did not seem to share. I don't think I am alone in that assessment as I have heard Geno, for one, echo those thoughts. Rather than trying to persevere, they are quicker to quit and try somewhere else. The amount of transfers in recent years keeps increasing. I read today that now two Ohio State players are transferring too - McCoy and Lewis, both leaving after just one year with the program.

the problem is that CVS was OVERPAID....Julie's job was to reduce the subsidies and that meant cutting some stuff. Womens hoops is a huge money loser at RU....CVS took a pay cut but her incentitive would give her over a $1 million. CVS couldnt cut the mustard. It was a fair contract but the assistants were collateral damage. Would CVS give up another 200K for someone else to stay. Also the whole point of the contract was for CVS to get her glory back or leave, not to use the contract as an excuse for why she was falling.

yeah good luck...the track record with CVS is newcomers have trouble getting minutes right away. So do not think the transfers are coming in and guaranteed any playing time themselves.

the problem is that CVS was OVERPAID....Julie's job was to reduce the subsidies and that meant cutting some stuff. Womens hoops is a huge money loser at RU....CVS took a pay cut but her incentitive would give her over a $1 million. CVS couldnt cut the mustard. It was a fair contract but the assistants were collateral damage. Would CVS give up another 200K for someone else to stay. Also the whole point of the contract was for CVS to get her glory back or leave, not to use the contract as an excuse for why she was falling.
Julie messed up refusing to pay assistants what it would take to keep the ones that would help.
Those incentives if reached, would have earned by performance and attendance so CVS' contract had nothing to do with Hermann going on the cheap top run a program.
That has been Rutgers problem and only Vivian's name kept the WBB program's head above water.
Want to knock Stringer, give up on the salary BS and state: C.Vivian Stringer's teams haven't met your expectations, especially last year..
That might be considered a valid reason, not Hermann deserves no fault for trying to run RU WBB like every AD before her, on the cheap hoping Vivian's name keeps the program going.

Building pyramids that were not needed ,hiring large numbers of overpaid admins,and building sets of critical university systems that could not even pay bills is an example of how money was wasted by the central admin.Failing to correctly fund sports was another failure of the central admins.

If I had a nickel for every time a new poster said that they've "never posted here before, " only to find out the opposite is true, I'd be able to pay for all upgrades needed to keep THE RAC for another 30 years.
Okay, if that's the way things are done around here, for now on I'm going to start calling you a Penn State fan. I just know you love the Nittany Lions...I just know it. If you can make baseless claims with nothing to back them up, why can't everyone else?

yeah good luck...the track record with CVS is newcomers have trouble getting minutes right away. So do not think the transfers are coming in and guaranteed any playing time themselves.
We shall see. You are such a great fan.

Folks, it took me awhile to get through this thread, so I apologize for the late entry, but could you please try to discuss the situation without the personal attacks on each other? Yes, the transfers out are bad news on top of a bad season, so I've tried to give everyone some slack, but some of the back and forth in this thread is just plain petty. Feel free to disagree with each other, but try to stay classy and not insult each other, okay? Thanks.

I'm reposting my earlier comments for those who apparently missed this the first time. Please stop the petty personal attacks.

Reactions: Hondo77

You're kidding with this, right? There are some girls in high school who may have started, too, but weren't eligible to play yet.

Do you see how ridiculous that sounds?

Okay, if that's the way things are done around here, for now on I'm going to start calling you a Penn State fan. I just know you love the Nittany Lions...I just know it. If you can make baseless claims with nothing to back them up, why can't everyone else?

Because there are literally 100's and 100's of people on this board - if not 1000's - who know, and can confirm, that this IS a lie.

Get it?

Reactions: bac2therac
Out of respect to the moderator, I won't respond any further. Interesting that someone else can't follow the rules and let it go.

The posts here are very amusing. Look at the things you could actually learn from reading the FACTS instead of constantly posting and reporting your agendas.
1) We would have had 17 scholarship players next year (if we don't sign anyone else). At least two had to go.
2) the team won only 6 games this year but that was all CVS fault. The players themselves were all great. With another coach they would have won 20. 3 of them would start next year, despite how well they played this year, the players becoming eligible / available next year and recruits.

Did I miss something or had one of the four already transferred from somewhere else before? Must have had 2 really bad coaches.

The players are always right and CVS is always wrong. I am really curious to see where all these stars end up, especially who will take a chance on both of the Jeune sisters.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT