ADVERTISEMENT

Parker, Barber, and Jeune sisters transferring

Nuts: You can't have it both ways. Attack CVS for 6 wins, or rave about how good the starters were. Your choice.

I'm sorry but where on EARTH did I "rave" about the starters? Nowhere. Please don't make things up, I wouldn't do that to you, thanks. I'm simply pointing out - as have others - the FACT that these girls were starters. That is, literally, all.

The posts here are very amusing. Look at the things you could actually learn from reading the FACTS instead of constantly posting and reporting your agendas.
1) We would have had 17 scholarship players next year (if we don't sign anyone else). At least two had to go.
2) the team won only 6 games this year but that was all CVS fault. The players themselves were all great. With another coach they would have won 20. 3 of them would start next year, despite how well they played this year, the players becoming eligible / available next year and recruits.

Did I miss something or had one of the four already transferred from somewhere else before? Must have had 2 really bad coaches.

The players are always right and CVS is always wrong. I am really curious to see where all these stars end up, especially who will take a chance on both of the Jeune sisters.
Maybe if CVS wouldn't arrogantly blame the players and never blame herself, we would be more inclined to give her some slack

You're kidding with this, right? There are some girls in high school who may have started, too, but weren't eligible to play yet.

Do you see how ridiculous that sounds?
No you must be kidding. Did you see her roster? She had to play them. They couldn't get it done. They couldn't shoot with the exception of Parker and even that's a stretch.

Reactions: RUInFlorida
Mods, can you please deal with AreYouNUTS, who continues attacking our coach and players? You told him to stop and he continues to embarrass the program and the school in this thread and elsewhere. Thanks in advance.

I'm sorry but where on EARTH did I "rave" about the starters? Nowhere. Please don't make things up, I wouldn't do that to you, thanks. I'm simply pointing out - as have others - the FACT that these girls were starters. That is, literally, all.

In reply to a comment that the transfers would not be starting next year you suggested that it would be a plus to have them on the bench. Then twice, in different posts (once in caps) you touted the fact that the transfers were 3 of our 4 highest scorers. I am not challenging your facts, just your using their performance on a 6 win team to dramatize the value of the loss of the transfers is perhaps overvaluing said transfers.

In reply to a comment that the transfers would not be starting next year you suggested that it would be a plus to have them on the bench. Then twice, in different posts (once in caps) you touted the fact that the transfers were 3 of our 4 highest scorers. I am not challenging your facts, just your using their performance on a 6 win team to dramatize the value of the loss of the transfers is perhaps overvaluing said transfers.

Not arguing my friend but ALL I am doing is stating facts. YOU are claiming that I "raved" about them which I did not do. Thanks.

Last edited:
Mods, can you please deal with AreYouNUTS, who continues attacking our coach and players? You told him to stop and he continues to embarrass the program and the school in this thread and elsewhere. Thanks in advance.

Are you mentally deranged?

1) I thought you put me on "ignore"?

2) nowhere in this thread did I "attack" a coach LET ALONE a player. Now you're just making shit up lol!

3) nobody told me to "stop" anything so please end your nonsense. Now.

Last edited:

Are you mentally deranged?

1) I thought you put me on "ignore"?

2) nowhere in this thread did I "attack" a coach LET ALONE a player. Now you're just making shit up lol!

3) nobody told me to "stop" anything so please end your nonsense. Now.
Actually, Nuts, I did. Twice. This is your last warning. Thank you.

D - you know I respect your position here, however, I just went through this thread 4 times and nowhere do I see you "warning" me, in particular, about anything. Could you please elaborate? Not really sure what I did wrong, anyway, thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: bac2therac
D - you know I respect your position here, however, I just went through this thread 4 times and nowhere do I see you "warning" me, in particular, about anything. Could you please elaborate? Not really sure what I did wrong, anyway, thank you.

It was directed at everyone, not just you. I requested twice that everyone stop the petty attacks on each other. My primary (but not my only) concern in this thread is the meta discussion about whether or not someone is a new poster. Perhaps this discussion is a spillover from one of the other boards, but I fail to see how it is relevant to the discussion about the players who are leaving the wbb.

"Not 100% sure yet. Spanky thinks it's Tony, however, I don't. This poster reminds me a lot of another poster who constantly said that I was attacking him, constantly complained about my cursing, constantly reported me to the mods for doing so, and constantly brought up my post count. If I recall correctly it's the same poster said he was moving to Florida and "wouldn't have time for Rutgers anymore" and shortly there after we stopped hearing from him."

After my first request, you still found the need to post "Are you mentally deranged?" and used profanity to respond to the other poster. IMHO, that crossed the line. I made what I thought was a reasonable request - again - to stop the personal attacks. So please do. Thanks.

Last edited:

perhaps you are overvaluing transfers coming into the CVS system and starting let alone being productive....if history is any indication that is not a great bet. Plus you have no idea about Tyler's health and effectiveness next year but keep dreaming that transfers will losing 3 players who saw significant minutes are going to take a team from 6 wins to 20 wins and the NCAA tourney.

It was directed at everyone, not just you. I requested twice that everyone stop the petty attacks on each other. My primary (but not my only) concern in this thread is the meta discussion about whether or not someone is a new poster. Perhaps this discussion is a spillover from one of the other boards, but I fail to see how it is relevant to the discussion about the players who are leaving the wbb.

"Not 100% sure yet. Spanky thinks it's Tony, however, I don't. This poster reminds me a lot of another poster who constantly said that I was attacking him, constantly complained about my cursing, constantly reported me to the mods for doing so, and constantly brought up my post count. If I recall correctly it's the same poster said he was moving to Florida and "wouldn't have time for Rutgers anymore" and shortly there after we stopped hearing from him."

After my first request, you still found the need to post "Are you mentally deranged?" and used profanity to respond to the other poster. IMHO, that crossed the line. I made what I thought was a reasonable request - again - to stop the personal attacks. So please do. Thanks.

Okay that's what I thought. You didn't warn "me" in particular or directly. Good to know I'm not completely insane. [thumb2]

Reactions: dmd78
perhaps you are overvaluing transfers coming into the CVS system and starting let alone being productive....if history is any indication that is not a great bet. Plus you have no idea about Tyler's health and effectiveness next year but keep dreaming that transfers will losing 3 players who saw significant minutes are going to take a team from 6 wins to 20 wins and the NCAA tourney.
One of the few times I think you are at least near the truth. We don't know, and it is very doubtful (to me) that any program is going to go from 6 wins to 20 in one season. It doesn't mean I don't think they will be a lot better, but my highest realistic expectation would be nearer to just over .500, although I could be proved wrong.

That said, what I do think:
- What I watched on the court the few games I saw RU on TV wasn't anything resembling RU basketball under CVS and barely resembled basketball. Sort of like the football team when Terry Shea? was the coach. I suspected that the chewing out of players constantly when they came off the court had to do with what they were not doing on the court.
- Because I didn't see chemistry, didn't see a lot of team play, and saw some showboating, I'm going to suggest that at least one and possibly 2 of the players that left were not expected to be significant contributors next season - plus of course the 2nd Jeune.
- Tyler's health is a concern, true, but no real reason to think she won't be her old self. Clearly, there is an expectation that the folks who were sitting out this year are going to be the starters next year - as has been reported in supposedly reliable publications, so I don't think we can 100% compare to prior transfers. How good they actually are remains to be seen, my guess is one is capable of being really, really good, one is good and one is capable of contributing, but that is only a guess from reading the "press".

To be hugely optimistic about next season - Sweet 16, 20+ wins, etc. is a real stretch, I think. But to believe that a winning record, a better product on the court and all that are not unreasonable. To expect another season like the last one is, IMO, just wrong.

dmd...Nuts is doing nothing wrong here...this new poster Florida has been trolling him throughout

anyhow the spin being put forth here is beyond sublime....

Sigh. How many times do I have to request that the meta discussion end? Please. I will delete any further posts in this thread that are unrelated to the OP. Thank you.

I am not surprised about Barber, I didn't think she represented a "Rutgers" girl or Cviv girl. Had an attitude, took bad shots, selfish. I'm also not surprised about the Jeune sisters, makes sense that if Ashli was told she would be limited that she would want to go some where else, and her sister followed her. The one I don't understand is Shrita. She was talented, got better as the season went on and finished on a high note, would have seen time next year, seemed to be a real leader, seemed to love Rutgers basketball, was always happy and goofing around. That one concerns me a bit and I wish I knew how she felt. It could be something at home and she wants to be back in VA and also she is a junior and her major is still listed as "undecided" so that may have something to do with it. Sad though because I really liked her.

Nuts: You can't have it both ways. Attack CVS for 6 wins, or rave about how good the starters were. Your choice.

baloney...you think that a WNBA team is coming in next year....hahaha when we get into the first 4 games and the team is losing by 20 plus lets see what you have to say
One of the few times I think you are at least near the truth. We don't know, and it is very doubtful (to me) that any program is going to go from 6 wins to 20 in one season. It doesn't mean I don't think they will be a lot better, but my highest realistic expectation would be nearer to just over .500, although I could be proved wrong.

That said, what I do think:
- What I watched on the court the few games I saw RU on TV wasn't anything resembling RU basketball under CVS and barely resembled basketball. Sort of like the football team when Terry Shea? was the coach. I suspected that the chewing out of players constantly when they came off the court had to do with what they were not doing on the court.
- Because I didn't see chemistry, didn't see a lot of team play, and saw some showboating, I'm going to suggest that at least one and possibly 2 of the players that left were not expected to be significant contributors next season - plus of course the 2nd Jeune.
- Tyler's health is a concern, true, but no real reason to think she won't be her old self. Clearly, there is an expectation that the folks who were sitting out this year are going to be the starters next year - as has been reported in supposedly reliable publications, so I don't think we can 100% compare to prior transfers. How good they actually are remains to be seen, my guess is one is capable of being really, really good, one is good and one is capable of contributing, but that is only a guess from reading the "press".

To be hugely optimistic about next season - Sweet 16, 20+ wins, etc. is a real stretch, I think. But to believe that a winning record, a better product on the court and all that are not unreasonable. To expect another season like the last one is, IMO, just wrong.

Chemistry and finding the right lineups and pieces are an issue for every schools but for CVS it seems moreso, that is why I would caution those gung ho about next year about just assuming transfers will put up big numbers. First of all we know that the team will have the same offensivse struggles that are trademarks of CVS...that will not change. Can transfers play the type of D that CVS requires, we have no idea.

baloney...you think that a WNBA team is coming in next year....hahaha when we get into the first 4 games and the team is losing by 20 plus lets see what you have to say

Chemistry and finding the right lineups and pieces are an issue for every schools but for CVS it seems moreso, that is why I would caution those gung ho about next year about just assuming transfers will put up big numbers. First of all we know that the team will have the same offensivse struggles that are trademarks of CVS...that will not change. Can transfers play the type of D that CVS requires, we have no idea.
You're right about this: "Can transfers play the type of D that CVS requires, we have no idea".
But practicing it one year before getting into the game will be a plus.
Offensive struggles could be true, all I want to see is have just enough offense to win.
As for gung ho, yes I am (dancing wise) , but don't expect a top 10 team or even a t-25 program.
Just want 20 Ws ( which I know shouldn't be expected) and get a NCAA Tourney Invite.

Reactions: ho26rus

I seem to have missed where I suggested that next year would be 20 wins and the NCAA tourney. Are you suggesting that a new coach next year would accomplish that?

Actually, most of my problems with the posts from you, Nuts, Don and a few others are not that I am so much defending CVS, but pointing out the poor logic and conclusions used to push your agendas. As much as you hope that CVS will not be the coach next year, that grows extremely unlikely with each passing day. A good question is, who is even available as a new coach right now?

You can raise all the questions you want about next year's team. They are valid. But, there is nothing speculative about this year's team. They won only 6 games. They showed very little talent. They did not play the way their coach wanted them to. They (some) exhibited bad attitudes. There are lots of reasons to believe that next year will be better. As you are likely not getting your wish for a new coach next year, why can't you take a positive attitude about next year's players? ANSWER: Because you will continue to push your agenda and bad mouth the players and coach all through next season.

because it is better to cut the cord sooner than late for the future of the womens hoops program. Unless you want it to continue to be at the basement of the Big 10 long after CVS is gone

because it is better to cut the cord sooner than late for the future of the womens hoops program. Unless you want it to continue to be at the basement of the Big 10 long after CVS is gone
Bac, it's simply blind loyalty. I think best case, it would be another 10 yrs before we are nationally relevant like we once were.

Its turning out to be a revolving door of players coming and going with no stability .
Sounds like a few other teams fit right in too. At least WBB has no history of naked free throws at practice, coaches uttering homophobic slurs and throwing balls at guys heads. Won't even go into the Jordan,Hill, Julie, Tim Pernetti fiascos. Front page news day in and day out with all the crap, and arrests of FB players. Meh, I'll stop at that.

Is this old news? Or did the names change?

I don't care much what the reason is, when this many players flee over an extended period, something is very, very wrong.
This one year, not many. OTOH your comment is better suited to MBB. and FB.

Who are we making room for? We need impact players next season to save cvs. Sorry to say it but the rojos and the returnees aren't going to cut it. Not saying they aren't talented but another 500 season isn't going to get her too 1000. It's clear now that no top 10 player is going to sign here. [/QUOTECvs seems to love signing ineligible players. Is this the case as well this season? It's not the players that need to go it's the head coach.]

Who are the ineligible players you allude to. Name them, and over how long a time frame.

Not surprised at all about Barber, her efforts on the court were rewarded with constant ranting and berating by Stringer. It was difficult to watch. I'm really sorry to see her go and I'm sure her teammates are as well - she seemed to be a very popular and well-liked team player.
Barber looked lost and out of it for much of the time she played. She also had quite the attitude on, and off the bench. So now she can find her 3rd school in 4 years to play for= "head case."

Last edited:
I sit behind the bench and am frankly shocked at the abusive language that is used.

As a student athlete, the worst language I ever heard out of my coach's mouth was 'rats'.
You must be hard of hearing, or very mature in age cause the coaches I had the pleasure to work with were never short on f'bombs, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT