ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State Kicker targeted 2 separate weeks, 2 players ejected.

Minnesota one was not that bad and probably deserved a flag but nothing else. The Maryland hit was BS the ball was kicked out of bounds with no return that kid took a cheap shot at the kicker and earned his ejection and suspension.

I thought the Minnesota player should have been called for a holding penalty, but that is it.

Fal
One thing as per Minny and Md coaches.
One does wonder what was said during video sessions to these special teamers. How forcefully were coaches saying "this guy MUST be accounted for"?
No clue about Minny but I sure the Maryland kid got an earful considering they extended his suspension.

Reactions: 17Q66
I thought the Minnesota player should have been called for a holding penalty, but that is it.
That was not the one that got him ejected. You have to watch the second kick in the video.

He should not be targeted because he is a kicker who has made plays. And he should not be hit late. Those two things are clear.

But if he is willing to go out there and make big hits, then don't flop. And I do think the flop played into the ejection.

My timeline argument was really against the idea that it was 5-7 seconds after the play. It was not. 2 seconds. Still illegal though, but if we are talking which is worse? I'd say the Maryland one. That did look to be waaayyy late.

Please provide proof that he "flopped" other than your opinion. If getting knocked down from a late hit by a D-1 LB is a flop, then every offensive player in college is flopping.

Please provide proof that he "flopped" other than your opinion. If getting knocked down from a late hit by a D-1 LB is a flop, then every offensive player in college is flopping.
It's my opinion.

It's also my opinion that you think he flopped as well.

Reactions: Caliknight
It's my opinion.

It's also my opinion that you think he flopped as well.

Nope, I don't think he flopped. I think he got knocked down by a player that put a late hit on him...which is pretty much what would happen to any player that got hit late and wasn't expecting it.

Fal
No clue about Minny but I sure the Maryland kid got an earful considering they extended his suspension.
No I mean in pre game video sessions. Or just pre game game planning. How overt were these coaching staffs telling these guys that that kicker needs to be accounted for? Was it like, "yo #59, this is your guy, are you going to let him embarrass you?"

Were the minny coaches telling dude how good a job he did after the first kick off? Was there a hint of "aight big fella nice job, but keep it clean."?

Nope, I don't think he flopped. I think he got knocked down by a player that put a late hit on him...which is pretty much what would happen to any player that got hit late and wasn't expecting it.
fibber

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT