ADVERTISEMENT

Pikiell Sucks

Much like Schiano. A great motivator that gets his teams to play hard.

Not a great X and Os guy it seems.
Schiano catches 100x the shit that Pike does. And he had to turn over a roster of 100 players. Pike has had nothing but bouquets at his feet for years, and for the most part, deservedly so. Next year, no more kid gloves.

Rich the dentist would come out and kill Paul. Just tired of his act. And yes this team stinks. i can't understand how a guy like Williams can't shoot 60% from line.

Reactions: ancienthooper
Here's the issue. This place puts way too much stock into making the NCAA tournament.

Relative to Rutgers (who has neglected sports for years), yes it's a big deal. Relative to our league? No.

Literally all the dude needed to do was finish in the top half of the league and you're given a tournament bid. Not that impressive tbh.

There are no words for the coaching job tonight. I have never seen such bad lineups
How’s Oskar playing so much and how are you playing a 3 guard lineup when our guards are 6’0 tall
Honestly, he needs to be put on at least a warm seat next year and if he can't make the tourney and get through one round with that talent he needs to go on the hot seat the following year. You can't have 9 years of this type of garbage play. Nebraska and Minnesota have turned it around. Common denominator -- better coaches.

Honestly, he needs to be put on at least a warm seat next year and if he can't make the tourney and get through one round with that talent he needs to go on the hot seat the following year. You can't have 9 years of this type of garbage play. Nebraska and Minnesota have turned it around. Common denominator -- better coaches.
If he doesn't make the tournament next season he should be fired right after selection sunday. I'm not even joking.

There are no words for the coaching job tonight. I have never seen such bad lineups
How’s Oskar playing so much and how are you playing a 3 guard lineup when our guards are 6’0 tall
Finally putting you and your incessant complaints and shitty posts on ignore, you suck and are one of the worst fans. Glad I won’t see another post of yours ever again.

Cause pikiell has had more success than Schiano (yes it’s easier to succeed in hoops, I get that)
I love Pike, but I’m trying to be fair here too. Since walking off the court in Indy prior to the 2020 BIG Tournament, this program is 63-53 (34-35). It’ll be far worse than that by mid-March. 1 NCAA win, a loss in a play-in, a total collapse last year and a trainwreck this year. That’s not a small sample size. Hes not in danger of losing his job this year OR next, especially with the class he’s got coming in. But he should catch some heat.

I love Pike, but I’m trying to be fair here too. Since walking off the court in Indy prior to the 2020 BIG Tournament, this program is 63-53 (34-35). It’ll be far worse than that by mid-March. 1 NCAA win, a loss in a play-in, a total collapse last year and a trainwreck this year. That’s not a small sample size. Hes not in danger of losing his job this year OR next, especially with the class he’s got coming in. But he should catch some heat.

Of course he should catch some heat. But there’s no question his tenure has been more successful thus far than Greg’s.

I don’t really know how this is debatable

Rutgers fans thoughts.....we made it 3 of 4 years

Covid was cancelled...NOPE
Made the Actual Tournament..YES (1)
Play in game and lost...NOPE
NIT 1st round top seed LOST...

And we had talent
Ridiculously stupid post. Because we won 20 games and had a unanimous NCAA quality season but COVID happened that means Pike cant coach?

Great guy but this season has exposed some stuff.

Sucks because I really want him to succeed
Don’t confuse these two things regarding Pikiell. Yes Pikiell is a nice guy and we all want better results but tonight and the season in general is showing some chinks in our coach‘s game coaching ability. His D mind is fine …His offensive credentials are suspect. We won with great defense the past 3- seasons and a group of experienced players. We lack a Ron Harper Jr. , Geo Baker type shooter…. How the heck can that be?

Reactions: RUfromNJ
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT