ADVERTISEMENT

Premier League is back. Who you got?

WhiteBus

Hall of Famer
Oct 4, 2011
Season starts this weekend. Man City seems to be a solid favorite with Chelsea and Man U not far behind. After that the odds jump big time. So if you think someone can beat the top 3 time to put a wager down.
Im an Everton fan. I root for Man City and against Man U. Looking forward to another season.

Reactions: rube1859
Season starts this weekend. Man City seems to be a solid favorite with Chelsea and Man U not far behind. After that the odds jump big time. So if you think someone can beat the top 3 time to put a wager down.
Im an Everton fan. I root for Man City and against Man U. Looking forward to another season.
I got the boring soccer team. Hmm, I guess I need to be more specific.

Chelsea struggling today.
I'm trying to decide who I want to root for. I started watching last season. I want to like Man U beciase I like the French guy who looks like he should be a TE. However, I understand rooting for them is kind of like rooting for the Yankees. My kids are Tottenham fans

I root for Tottenham and I'll take them. They seem to get better under Ponch every year and their players (Kane, Alli, Eriksen) are coming into their prime. Easy team to root for - play great style of soccer.

Don't understand these DB's that open the thread and make fun of soccer - if you don't like it why would you open the thread and comment?

I root for Tottenham and I'll take them. They seem to get better under Ponch every year and their players (Kane, Alli, Eriksen) are coming into their prime. Easy team to root for - play great style of soccer.

Don't understand these DB's that open the thread and make fun of soccer - if you don't like it why would you open the thread and comment?
If you could guarantee they wont sell anybody, specifically eriksen, id take a flyer on their odds. Probably the best value.

They're down a division in the Championship, but QPR is my hometown team so I passively pull for them.

In the PL, I basically root against Man U and Chelsea, and don't otherwise have a lead favorite.

Love watching the EPL - best league in the world, top to bottom, even if the top teams haven't been as good as Real, Barca and Bayern. I don't really have a particular rooting interest though - just like watching great soccer. I do enjoy watching some specific players, like DeGea for Man U - as someone who plays keeper every weekend, I love watching how he plays. Like watching Vardy, Hazard, and Kane.

Blues rule!

And always thought Queens Park Rangers is one of the coolest names in sports.

Another Spurs fan here, but seems like the "Big" boys all spent lots of money to buy players, where Spurs stayed as is (except sold Walker to Man City). Will be tough playing in Wembley this year, can't wait to get into the new stadium next season.

Last edited:
I know it is the most popular sport in the planet...but I just don't get it![winking]

come-on-you-spurs--2.jpg

I'm West Ham till I die! Could be an interesting year for us. We've had a good transfer window, top 8 is my expectation. COYI!

West Ham and Everton will be interesting to watch this season, both can make some noise.

I was in London right at the end of last season. Was walking along the Thames and a boat full of WHU fans were singing - forever blowing bubbles, was pretty cool to see, even for a Spurs fan like me.

They're down a division in the Championship, but QPR is my hometown team so I passively pull for them.

In the PL, I basically root against Man U and Chelsea, and don't otherwise have a lead favorite.
Was wearing my hoops all day today! Come on you rrrrrrrrrrrrs

Reactions: RUnTeX
I'm pulling for Everton. Too bad all their supporters have to buy new kits now with a new sponsor though that's nothing new in the EPL. They had Chang Beer for a long time. That should bring the club lots of ££.

okay Premier League fans.. give us a rundown of all the teams and how should we think of them.. in terms of, say, college football teams (or similar point of comparison).. Man U is who.. Notre Dame? Miami? and so on...

okay Premier League fans.. give us a rundown of all the teams and how should we think of them.. in terms of, say, college football teams (or similar point of comparison).. Man U is who.. Notre Dame? Miami? and so on...
Man U is certainly not Notre Dame. Notre Dame should be so lucky. 25 years of the premier league and Man U has lifted the trophy 13 times.

Plus two Champions League triumphs.

ND is closer to Nottingham Forest than Man U.

Reactions: Scarlet Haze

Adopted Arsenal a couple of years make as my daughter's travel team is named after them.

Might take a look at one of the new teams also. Be nice to get in on the ground floor of either Newcastle, Brighton &a Hove or Huddersfield .

Huddersfield got off to a good start with a win. Didn't see the final sore of BHA vs City. City was dominant the first half.

Tottenham looked good today - Kane, Alli and Eriksen need to play together every game and they have a chance. There's also a general rule in Premier League betting - always bet on the team that's playing Jonjo Shelvey. Such a meathead - today he intentionally stepped on a players leg in a timeout and a got straight red card.

Watched almost every game the opening weekend.
Big Gunners fan (Arsenal).

Man U = New York Yankees
Arsenal = Oakland Raiders (You either love em or hate em)
Spurs = Always close bu never own the league.....perhaps the 90's knicks?

Loved Rooney Scoring in his first game back with Everton (My 2nd favorite team due to Tim Howards long run there)

Adopted Arsenal a couple of years make as my daughter's travel team is named after them.

Might take a look at one of the new teams also. Be nice to get in on the ground floor of either Newcastle, Brighton &a Hove or Huddersfield .

Huddersfield got off to a good start with a win. Didn't see the final sore of BHA vs City. City was dominant the first half.
The one aspect that makes the Premier League so interesting, above all other sports leagues, is promotion and religation. I think it would be good in many US sports where owners dont care and just want to make a buck.
I also follow the new teams and root for them to stick around.

Watched almost every game the opening weekend.
Big Gunners fan (Arsenal).

Man U = New York Yankees

Loved Rooney Scoring in his first game back with Everton (My 2nd favorite team due to Tim Howards long run there)

One of the reasons I am a Spurs fan, several USA players played there. Keller, Friedel, Dempsey etc

GUNNERS!!! They almost pulled the "typical" Arsenal start, Friday, but super-sub Olivier Giroud came through and then was serenaded by the crowd, "Na, na na na na na na, na na na na, Gi-roud!" for the final 10+ a few minutes following the game. GREAT stuff right there and one of the reasons I love EPL so much!

You might be better off comparing PL teams to pro teams like MLB or NFL.

You might be better off comparing PL teams to pro teams like MLB or NFL.
go right ahead.. lets see it.. RU Crazy has offered up.

Man U = New York Yankees

I'll assume man City = Metsies and juts go with them.. either that or just go with the Welsh team.

AFC Bournemouth
Arsenal FC
Brighton & Hove
Burnley FC
Chelsea FC
Crystal Palace
Everton FC
Huddersfield Town
Leicester City
Liverpool FC
Manchester City
Manchester United
Newcastle United
Southampton FC
Stoke City
Swansea City
Tottenham Hotspur
Watford FC
West Bromwich
West Ham United

I wouldn't put Man City and the Mets together. Man City might be the Dodgers, they spend way more money, more than most.

Spurs to me are more like the Mets

Reactions: AreYouNUTS

Everton fan thanks to Tim Howard. They always start strong and seem to fade at the end.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT