ADVERTISEMENT

Putrid Recruiting by Syracuse as Usual

OriginalKnight

All Conference
Gold Member
Sep 16, 2014
We're like 10 spots or so ahead of them on Rivals now. I believe we lead on the other sites also. We came off of a 2 win season and got our heads kicked in against Michigan and the others. The stink of the Flood era still lingers, and we are facing some sanctions. Embarrasingly these pendejos still can't out recruit us. They have 2 players from NY and one from NJ. Just pathetic for your primary recruiting area. Now I'm sure that simpleton Money will try to spin this like he usually does, proving he knows nothing about football or recruiting.

Guess since Syracuse has been brought up UConn update will be next
Seems like RU'S 31 spots better.
But I would like to see RU around 20 better than they're listed now.

Seeing Bama at 51 makes me think it's a little early thinking about which school has the better class of 2018 ranking.[winking]

We're like 10 spots or so ahead of them on Rivals now. I believe we lead on the other sites also. We came off of a 2 win season and got our heads kicked in against Michigan and the others. The stink of the Flood era still lingers, and we are facing some sanctions. Embarrasingly these pendejos still can't out recruit us. They have 2 players from NY and one from NJ. Just pathetic for your primary recruiting area. Now I'm sure that simpleton Money will try to spin this like he usually does, proving he knows nothing about football or recruiting.
Why are you bringing this garbage on here ? We don't care about cause recruiting. We have our own issues to worry about.

Reactions: ScarletStateofNJ
I wonder if you guys who keep bashing Cuse, UCONN and Temple know how ridiculous you sound. This would be like people 30 years ago mocking Colgate, Princeton and Lafayette.

Reactions: goru1869
Nope he is correct. Learn how recruiting rankings work.

---
you are correct, at this point in time Syracuse has done a bit better than
RU recruiting the class of 2018, if we go by the star rating system

right now the cuse recruits average out at 2.91 stars
RU's average recruit is at 2.6 stars

RU is ahead of syracuse in the rival rankings because we have 4 more verbals....... in theory, if RU were to continue recruiting at the exact level we are now, and syracuse does exactly the same as they have

syracuse would finish above RU if both had the same quantity of
verbals at the end.....

after all these years some still do not understand that the
quantity of verbals inflates a ranking early on

look at Alabama for example....sitting in the 50's with recruiting....but they have landed
6 four star players......

they are in the 50's only because they have seven verbals total...

Why do we compare ourselves to mediocrity? It is a loser's mentality. Strive to be great and you will someday be the best.....​

Reactions: Dpgru and RUbacker
I understand our fans who say "who cares about cuse, BC, pitt, etc" ... but this is college football, and to think that we shouldn't be interested in how our competitors in the region are doing is very short-sighted.
We have to separate ourselves from that pack in recruiting and on the field ..

Kinda pathetic narative... were in the Big Ten shouldnt be concerned/comparative with Cuse'. Shows what little we have to hold onto right now.

Onward and upward

---
you are correct, at this point in time Syracuse has done a bit better than
RU recruiting the class of 2018, if we go by the star rating system

right now the cuse recruits average out at 2.91 stars
RU's average recruit is at 2.6 stars

RU is ahead of syracuse in the rival rankings because we have 4 more verbals....... in theory, if RU were to continue recruiting at the exact level we are now, and syracuse does exactly the same as they have

syracuse would finish above RU if both had the same quantity of
verbals at the end.....

after all these years some still do not understand that the
quantity of verbals inflates a ranking early on

look at Alabama for example....sitting in the 50's with recruiting....but they have landed
6 four star players......

they are in the 50's only because they have seven verbals total...
Yeah we all get that we have 4 more recruits and the quantity factor matters. I was saying it was a fail for other reasons genius. Thanks for wasting our time with your explantation though.

Even I they had 4 more recruits and were a little above us, it would still be a failure for them. They should be killing us, but they are so pathetic that they just can't do it. We will finish ahead of them just like last year.

How that school and others do on the field and in recruiting very much matters to us, so they are not irrelevant programs and never will be. But we should not be bragging about a marginally better class.

Reactions: ruready07
How that school and others do on the field and in recruiting very much matters to us, so they are not irrelevant programs and never will be. But we should not be bragging about a marginally better class.
It's not bragging. It's ripping them for being a disaster. Nobody said we were killing it or killing them.

Yeah we all get that we have 4 more recruits and the quantity factor matters. I was saying it was a fail for other reasons genius. Thanks for wasting our time with your explantation though.

Even I they had 4 more recruits and were a little above us, it would still be a failure for them. They should be killing us, but they are so pathetic that they just can't do it. We will finish ahead of them just like last year.
---
sorry if you were personally offended.... You might have understood the ratings process, but many others do not....

your posts seem to contradict themselves a bit.... on one hand you mention that they are 10 spots below us, making it sound like we
are beating them....then you say you understand why, because they
have less verbals, they are really ahead of us, and don't need that explanation.

you also say that they should be killing us, but that they are the worst team in the ACC.... meaning the last team in the ACC should be killing one of the worst in the big 10

it just seems like conflicting messages from you..... its all good, but your points get a bit blurred.

If you bring up old rivals like Syracuse and UConn then you should need to also compare us to BC. Anthony Campanile is killing it in recruiting North Jersey. Rutgers should find a way to bring him back home.

More importantly, how is PSU doing in recruiting? Oh, they usually get as many Top 10 NJ players as RU does.

These threads and the "look at the powerhouse teams that had an off year" threads are sad.

Reactions: SJLuvsLions
Our class is not that great (to be kind), we are projected to be at or near last place, we get a paltry 10 mil a yr from B10 so we are way under funded. We have a long way to go..... but yes we are in the greatest conf in the land

Reactions: money3189
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT