CerealNTacos

Sophomore
Aug 23, 2017
Nicolas Aguilar
Jake Benner
Billy Janzer
Kyle Lighter
Malcolm Robinson

Does Robinson have any more tournaments this year?

From what I've seen, Janzer and Aguilar seem to be the most promising recruits, but I would like to hear from some people who are more knowledgeable about them. Robinson didn't have the year we were hoping, and just took 2nd at Prep nationals, has he looked better the 2nd half of the season?

From what I read, Aguilar has taken 2nd the past 2 years in the state tournament, I hope he gets his championship this year.

1 -Billy Janzer - future stud replacing Grav after a RSF year
2 -Stephen Glasgow ;-)
3- Nicolas Aguilar
4 -Kyle Lighter - would be ranked higher if not for knee injury. really like him
5 -Jake Benner - fifth on this list is nothing to be ashamed of
6 -Malcolm Robinson - oh how the mighty have fallen. hope he gets 100% healthy

(i think there is one more 2018 commit??? help please.)

Reactions: Clearscreen25
I think Glasgow is higher than Janzer - Look at their body of work state wide and nationally.

Quite frankly it does not matter.It is how they translate in College making that transition.

2 -Stephen Glasgow ;-)
3- Nicolas Aguilar
4 -Kyle Lighter - would be ranked higher if not for knee injury. really like him

Imran Heard - 138lbs out of Maryland

you could be right, but I put Glasgow 2nd on list due to this year "off" (not wresting much, and concentrating on grades, as I understand his situation)

I think Glasgow is higher than Janzer - Look at their body of work state wide and nationally.

What is Glasgow's status right now? Is he still at St. Benedicts? Has he enrolled at RU? Will he enroll in the fall? Does he train at SKWC at all?

He could potentially fill the Lewis slot next season at 157 or 165

you could be right, but I put Glasgow 2nd on list due to this year "off" (not wresting much, and concentrating on grades, as I understand his situation)

If you read the past threads I actually asked this question.He was done back in December and had a minor procedure done.HE has been wrestling in the room since January so we should hopefully expect to see him in the spring (freestyle).He is quite a talent that should compete at 157 with Richie gone and Vanbrill at 165.

Maybe someone with really inside information can clear this up on Glasgow's status.

Reactions: Clearscreen25
2 -Stephen Glasgow ;-)
3- Nicolas Aguilar

1) Janzer
2) Glascow
3) Aguilar
4) Robinson
5) Benner
6) Lightner
7) Heard

I still think Robinson has a high ceiling. I hope he’s not burnt out.

What is Glasgow's status right now? Is he still at St. Benedicts? Has he enrolled at RU? Will he enroll in the fall? Does he train at SKWC at all?

He could potentially fill the Lewis slot next season at 157 or 165
his dad was at R5 and talking to the person in front of me, it sounded like he is good to go for RU next year grade wise. Not sure about enrollment or training.

It is hard for me to tell, but it looks like Ciaramella was undefeated (36-0), lost in his Regional final and medically forfeited out of state tournament. The State champ was a wrestler that he beat in last year's 170 lbs final. North Carolina looks to have State champs in 4 groups and Ciaramella wrestled in Group 3A at 182lbs.

I am not going to verify the accuracy here, just what I was able to tell from Google.

And here is the RU connection:

"Ciaramella also wrestles at C2X Wrestling in Fort Mill, S.C. He said that was a big factor in his decision to go to Rutgers. His two coaches – Tom Tanis and Tim Hennessy – at C2X both wrestled at Rutgers."

“I wanted to follow in their footsteps,” Ciaramella said. “Rutgers is a great program and they have great coaches there.”

Last edited:
Reactions: plcoolg
I rank all of our recruits #1
Hopefully each and every one of them contributes to making RU a better program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT