ADVERTISEMENT

RU vs Illinois Game Thread

For all your Corey bashers he is still hustling, getting steals and rebounds.
1-for-6. Yeah, bringin’ it tonight. Big time players in big time games ... or is it when the going gets tough? Yeah, the NBA scouts are salivating after that last drive and brick.

So to recap, we're down 19 points to one of the three worst teams in the conference. And Omoruyi is probably out for the year.

tenor.gif

Thiam better practice a catch and shoot/quick release.

And his biggest fear is getting his shot blocked, which is why he gives up on a shot whenever someone runs at him. He's gotta get over that fear.

Reactions: BoxStater
Thiam better practice a catch and shoot/quick release.

And his biggest fear is getting his shot blocked, which is why he gives up on a shot whenever someone runs at him. He's gotta get over that fear.
He shoots from his belly button. He knows he’s getting blocked.

Mike Williams absence is becoming even more evident. I think it had more to do with his leadership and work ethic. The team fed off of that kind of workman like effort and senior leadership. This team is completely rudderless right now. Freeman and Sanders are not accepting those leadership roles and it shows.

Stop with the nonsense blaming fans for another abysmal performance .The coaching staff and the players need to be held accountable for the way the team performs .
“Blaming”???

Unfortunately, this season is lost. Sanders has dissapeared and losing Williams was too much to handle. No depth

Thiam is not a B1G player on offense. He would thrive on a low major. We saw that in the OOC where he actually scored down low. Love his D though.

Baker has hit the wall, too much pressure on him. In reality, he should have been a 15-20 minute player and 3rd or 4th option to score.

Mike Williams goes down and this team implodes. To be blown out by a $hitty, and I mean a $hitty IIlinois team is disgraceful. After seeing Corey play like $hit the last two games, he can go after this season. I won't miss him. He hasn't learn squat about improving his jump shot. Everything is short. Freeman? WTF? He plays like he doesn't give a $hit. Mensa? Bye bye. Bullock? Bye bye.

Wow ... 7 fg and 12 TO ... to a 1-8 team ... I didn’t expect to win this road game, but also expected to stay within single digits ... especially to Illinois.

Mike Williams goes down and this team implodes. To be blown out by a $hitty, and I mean a $hitty IIlinois team is disgraceful. After seeing Corey play like $hit the last two games, he can go after this season. I won't miss him. He hasn't learn squat about improving his jump shot. Everything is short. Freeman? WTF? He plays like he doesn't give a $hit. Mensa? Bye bye. Bullock? Bye bye.

Williams was the true leader of this team. Evident that they imploded when he went down.

Now with Eugene out, who will lead?

Stop with the nonsense blaming fans for another abysmal performance .The coaching staff and the players need to be held accountable for the way the team performs .

How am i blaming the fans. Try reading more slowly.

Just saying many of them suck. Worse than the team.

Reactions: GORU2014

Sanders shooting is shockingly bad. His shooting form is straight up broke. It’s actully gotten worse since his frosh year...

Mike Williams absence is becoming even more evident. I think it had more to do with his leadership and work ethic. The team fed off of that kind of workman like effort and senior leadership. This team is completely rudderless right now. Freeman and Sanders are not accepting those leadership roles and it shows.

I get that Williams was very valuable and him not being there forces Mensah to play. That’s huge. But let’s face it, Williams was not having a great year and he wasn’t even starting and seemed to play limited minutes in some games.

This shitshow is not mostly due to the absence of Williams. It looks like players are doing whatever the hell they want out there. ..some defintiely more than others. No leadership is apparent from players or coaches right now.

Reactions: rufeelinit
I just don't understand how we can't even get to the level of a "bad" team in football OR basketball. No, we have to be completely embarrassing and painful to watch.

Shit isn't censored.

ADVERTISEMENT