ADVERTISEMENT

RU wins 87-71

MADHAT1

Hall of Famer
Apr 1, 2003
Just congratulating the team for their win over NJIT.
Good news needs to be shared during a season we might not expect much more then the team making an all out effort every game while the program builds its way back to greatness under Coquese Washington.
NJIT vs. Rutgers - Box Score - November 13, 2022 - ESPN
https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/boxscore/_/gameId/401483939

How was Wicks celebration?
It was just OK. Shame nobody was there to see it. She gave a great speech at halftime...very humble. She gave credit to Grentz and her teammates including Sticks (Regina Howard). I was at the game Sue scored her 2,000 point. Sticks scored her 1,000 point in the same game. Didn't know she played with coach Washington with the Liberty. I was fortunate enough to watch Sue during her playing days at the RAC. Terrific player and unbelievable competitor. Not only did she score but was a great rebounder as well. My daughter went to a Grentz basketball camp and Sue was her RA. Extremely nice person.

Thanks - first game I missed in a long time, grandson’s birthday. Would have loved to have been there. Saw Sticks and Wicks play often. Interesting note on Coach W and Sue. Hopefully RU will have video up on Sue’s speech

Reactions: MADHAT1
I like what I am hearing about the development of the team and program. Won’t be straight up but coaches are making inroads to grass roots and programs around the tristate.

We had season tix for the Liberty the first 10 years of the W, so I obviously saw both Wicks and Washington with the Liberty. That said, I had no memory that their time overlapped.

Great win for Rutgers. In what is obviously not going to be an easy season, you need to win the games that you can win. Very pleased.

Great listening to Sue on the BTN+ broadcast. She gave a level of insight into Coquese's work ethic that I found fascinating and even more reassuring......and I'm already a believer in Coachquese.

That energy was just gushing out of Sue during the interview...... sounded like a person who may not be done coaching, IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT