ADVERTISEMENT

Rudy Bell passed away

retired711

Heisman Winner
Nov 20, 2001
Cherry Hill
I just got a notice of the death of Professor Emeritus Rudy Bell. He was a history professor for many years and was very active in the AAUP, the faculty union. I was never a fan of the union, but Rudy helped me when New Jersey claimed erroneously that I did not have the life insurance that retired NJ employees (including Rutgers employees) are entitled to.

A fixture at Rutgers for decades. Made many many contributions. Sad to lose him. I believe he was a season ticket holder for football for many years.

Reactions: retired711
Rudy was the faculty advisor for the Rutgers curling club that I founded and also my professor for his honors class “how to do it”. Great guy. He will be missed.

Reactions: retired711
Just a few years ago I took his online class he taught with Paul Clemens- The History of Rutgers. The class was open to students and alums alike. It was a wonderful class which allowed me to reconnect with the academic side of the University. Rudy was an accomplished teacher and I was glad I had the opportunity to benefit from his knowledge of Rutgers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT